ADVERTISEMENT

What's the latest report on DeSanto? Is he done for the year?

Man, I’m not exactly known for being concise, but that is a lot of words to type if it really does boil down to “He can score 20+ points more than he did last year. If that happens Iowa wins it guaranteed.

I don’t believe the performance of a single individual ever guarantees a team championship in this sport.
Sorry to say, you weren’t my target audience. Your opinion on the length of the post, or certain aspects of said post, in no way change my opinion, nor do they elicit guilt. I stand by the fact that Iowa WILL win NCAA’s if Alex scores 20+ points as long as Lee is the only starter that doesn’t end up wrestling at NCAA’s. He would be the glue that holds everything together.

Sorry to say, you weren’t my target audience. Your opinion on the length of the post, or certain aspects of said post, in no way change my opinion, nor do they elicit guilt. I stand by the fact that Iowa WILL win NCAA’s if Alex scores 20+ points as long as Lee is the only starter that doesn’t end up wrestling at NCAA’s. He would be the glue that holds everything together.
You said what you said and I for the most part agree. You aren’t far off!! Love it

i'm right there with you. precisely.

plenty of teams - including in wrestling - including the hawks and penn state in recent years - have won ncaa team titles when, going in, they weren't the favorite.

y'all have the horses. don't write them off b/c murin and young are ranked low in freakin january.
Case and point, OSU was around a 20 point favorite over IA in 97 only to lose by 56.5. Not trying to imply this team can put up 170. Just showing that the projections don’t mean much come Thursday morning.

I heard that they needed someone to wrestle 133 for some matches this year and Cullan wanted to do it. I think DeSanto is coming back this season. I didn’t hear why DeSanto was out however.

Reactions: TarpHawk
My thoughts, no inside knowledge here….Tom is wrestling the guys that are ready to go, regardless of eligibility. If I guy is banged up, sick/recovering, etc. he’s wrestling the best guy at the time. That would be opposite of the past few years. Who’s #1 at the time of match, and let him roll.

Ok, so how are you guaranteeing the other 100+ pts?

My thoughts, no inside knowledge here….Tom is wrestling the guys that are ready to go, regardless of eligibility. If I guy is banged up, sick/recovering, etc. he’s wrestling the best guy at the time. That would be opposite of the past few years. Who’s #1 at the time of match, and let him roll.

Probably with the idea that 6 years is a long time and not everyone is interested in it. Perhaps PK is but Cullen isn’t. Cullen has had injury issues in the past and he might just be thinking that getting on the mat now is worth it.

Reactions: TarpHawk and Samoy
I beg to differ but Schriever isn't ready to go.

I thought AD looked pretty sad and unengaged on the sidelines. Maybe it’s disciplinary and not injury related? No inside info, just speculating because we don’t know.

I beg to differ but Schriever isn't ready to go.
I would agree that Schriever isn’t ready to AA just yet. He is getting tremendous feedback by wrestling these top 10 guys as to what he needs to improve on by next year to be an AA though. He needs to get a little stronger, get better on finishing TDs and get better on the bottom. Maybe the experiences he is getting now gives him the motivation and direction to improve his weaknesses that he can’t get in the practice room. After the season, he has 8-9 months to work on these things. Maybe these matches make him be a lot better wrestler next year and get him on the podium (hopefully high up). If that is the case, maybe it is worth burning the redshirt (I’m hopeful that ADS is back this year).

Ayala had been in the room for months, but was still not good on the bottom. It took getting ridden like a pony a few matches in real competition for him to significantly improve. His learning curve and progress has been phenomenal to watch

Last edited:
They said Friday that the same lineup would be out there today.

And that is a great summary of multiple threads on the board since Friday. No one has answers. But congrats on a good job. I bet you submit amazing book reports
But it was in italics, so you know hes serious!

Reactions: SPOONER
Ok, so how are you guaranteeing the other 100+ pts?
There are these 2 cutting edge concepts: Reading Comprehension and Deductive Reasoning. What you called not being concise actually mapped it out in a very detailed fashion for you. If you can't deduce that from my posts on this topic, there is no point for us to discuss it any further.

In case you aren't capable or willing to go back and read and then deduce, my last sentence in the last post should pretty much sums it up, "He would be the glue that holds everything together."

There are these 2 cutting edge concepts: Reading Comprehension and Deductive Reasoning. What you called not being concise actually mapped it out in a very detailed fashion for you. If you can't deduce that from my posts on this topic, there is no point for us to discuss it any further.

In case you aren't capable or willing to go back and read and then deduce, my last sentence in the last post should pretty much sums it up, "He would be the glue that holds everything together."
Ok, so if Marinelli scores 20+, the rest of the team is guaranteed to score 100+, because Marinelli’s points will bring the rest of the team together like glue?

Tooo easy, It’s crazy how some guys are like “what the heck are these guys talking about”. Where have all the good times gone, smfh.
Well what the hell are they supposed to do you moran?

Last edited:
Ok, so if Marinelli scores 20+, the rest of the team is guaranteed to score 100+, because Marinelli’s points will bring the rest of the team together like glue?
That and the fact that I literally gave a point range of what I believed the bottom end and high end scores were for each guy. Even the lowest range for all the other guys with Marinelli scoring 20+ puts them at or slightly over 100.
If you were ever on a high end team, you would know that a captain that is very well liked can create momentum that cascades across everyone else. Hell, even if you haven't, you have to have seen it as a fan of PSU watching how the momentum has built for them, especially in the Finals.

This isn't rocket science. Iowa won last year with Lee putting them on his shoulders and Alex getting injured. With Lee gone Alex winning it all can and should have the same effect.

Thought the same thing. Know he’s been “banged” up off and on for the last year but he looked uninterested.
I actually saw him laughing and seemingly having a good time before the meet on Friday. Signed a few autographs for kids running by. Sat with Tony when his friends/family came down to see him. Not everyone is happy go lucky all the time.

he completely laid out his thought on how the points would need to be secured and that Alex’s possible 20 would be the deciding amount. stop being a jerk and just learn to comprehend as I assume you already know how to read.

I thought AD looked pretty sad and unengaged on the sidelines. Maybe it’s disciplinary and not injury related? No inside info, just speculating because we don’t know.
Another view point would be to look at his last match against MN. It appeared to me he didn’t have the grip to finish a couple of dumps, which he usually executes on. He didn’t use the hand much in tie ups and snap downs. He always has plenty left in the gas tank to finish, so this isn’t the reason for the unusual inactivity.

If the opportunity to compete is taken away, it can be an extremely valuable lesson. The reason usually doesn’t matter to the competitor.

DeSanto is a warrior, he will be back, and we’ll all be giddy when he does.

That and the fact that I literally gave a point range of what I believed the bottom end and high end scores were for each guy. Even the lowest range for all the other guys with Marinelli scoring 20+ puts them at or slightly over 100.
If you were ever on a high end team, you would know that a captain that is very well liked can create momentum that cascades across everyone else. Hell, even if you haven't, you have to have seen it as a fan of PSU watching how the momentum has built for them, especially in the Finals.

This isn't rocket science. Iowa won last year with Lee putting them on his shoulders and Alex getting injured. With Lee gone Alex winning it all can and should have the same effect.
Ok, but “can” and “should” are not a guarantee. I have no problem with laying out a possible path, and I’m sure yours was well thought-out, but making guarantees on how a team will perform “if” a single guy meets a particular benchmark seems weird. So many crazy things happen at Nationals . . . it will never be about one guy.

he completely laid out his thought on how the points would need to be secured and that Alex’s possible 20 would be the deciding amount. stop being a jerk and just learn to comprehend as I assume you already know how to read.
Calm down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT