ADVERTISEMENT

What's the loudest you have ever heard Kinnick?

Loudest moment: 2002 Purdue when Banks hit Clark for 95 yards. As Clark ran free the place blew up like never before.
That might have been the “best” game I have ever witnessed in person at Kinnick. Don’t forget A Allen’s return of a blocked FG for a TD…..Considine’s recovery of a blocked punt in the end zone for another score….…those proved to be the winning margin. Helluva game by BOTH sides. Clark’s long catch and run for a TD gets a lot of play…as does his game winning catch but Allen and Considine made huge plays.

For me it was the 2004 de facto BIG championship game against Wisconsin. It finished in the cold dark night, and the place was going nuts. It was the 3rd consecutive 10 win season in Kirk's revival of the Hawks. Matt Roth went wild that night and must have sacked Wisconsin's shitty QB ten times. I recall Tate hitting Clinton Solomon after doing a spectular Houdini like escape in the pocket for a long TD. Place was unhinged.

I wasn't at the Iowa-Michigan legendary '86 game and also missed the epic OSU beatdown in 2017. Both of those were crazy from what I was told.
I'll never forget that game! I think the fans stood the entire game. Crazy atmosphere!

The Tate to Solomon play is an all-time great play.

Reactions: srams21
I'll never forget that game! I think the fans stood the entire game. Crazy atmosphere!

The Tate to Solomon play is an all-time great play.
Tate threw 2 INTs inside the Iowa 35 in the first 5 minutes of the game, and Wisconsin came away with a TO on downs and missed FG. They were supposed to replace the turf with the SEZ renovation that winter, so I grabbed a chunk of grass during the trophy presentation and planted it in my yard when I got home.

Despite throwing interceptions on Iowa's first two possessions,

Tate settled down and helped Iowa score first when he rolled out

and threw a 6-yard TD pass to Clinton Solomon in the first quarter.

Meanwhile, the Badgers had failed to capitalize on Tate's

miscues. Wisconsin blew two early chances that were set up when

safety Jim Leonhard intercepted Tate twice in Iowa territory.

Wisconsin failed to get a first down on both drives, and a

muffed hold on a 47-yard field goal attempt thwarted the first

scoring chance. Leonhard's interceptions gave him 21 in his career,

tying him with Jamar Fletcher for a school record.

Tough to pick one:
  • 2002 vs Purdue (Clark 94 yard catch as well as the 4th & goal TD)
  • 2006 vs Ohio State the crowd was very loud, until we had to watch Klinkenborg try to guard Anthony Gonzalez
  • 2008 vs Penn State
  • 2009 vs UNI after the 2nd blocked field goal was madness

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT