ADVERTISEMENT

When Billie Joe went to a Whore

markfromj

HR Legend
Sep 1, 2004
…and “he said my life’s a bore”, was the whore saying his/her life was a bore, or Armstrong’s was?

(Lyrics have confusing gender conflict for the whore, by the way.)

Reactions: ClarindaA's
i always assumed he was visiting a male prostitute

That's what I assumed as well. Quite scandalous in the 90's yet Dookie and Billie went on to make millions.

Also, heard recently that Dookie is going into the Library of Congress' National Recording Registry this year. What a beautiful thing.

digital collage net art GIF by chavesfelipe

That's what I assumed as well. Quite scandalous in the 90's yet Dookie and Billie went on to make millions.

Also, heard recently that Dookie is going into the Library of Congress' National Recording Registry this year. What a beautiful thing.
Who's Dookie?

I always thought it said:

So I went to a whore,
Who said my life’s a bore,
So quit my whining
cause it’s bringing her down.

I always thought it said:

So I went to a whore,
Who said my life’s a bore,
So quit my whining
cause it’s bringing her down.

It's "He said my life's a bore...cause it's bringing her down". He did it on purpose.

“It’s also looking at the world and saying, ‘It’s not as black and white as you think. This isn’t your grandfather’s prostitute — or maybe it was,’” he told Rolling Stone in 2014. “This record touches on bisexuality a lot.”

It's "He said my life's a bore...cause it's bringing her down". He did it on purpose.

“It’s also looking at the world and saying, ‘It’s not as black and white as you think. This isn’t your grandfather’s prostitute — or maybe it was,’” he told Rolling Stone in 2014. “This record touches on bisexuality a lot.”
Ok. This makes sense. I wondered if that was the idea.

Shooting Star GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT