• FCS Head Coach

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • FCS OC

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Analyst

Votes: 73 33.2%

• Total voters
Any updates?
Nobody has heard a whisper of him talking to anyone. NFL staffs have filled up, but I doubt he applied anywhere. The same for college staffs. I’m sticking with ride out his Iowa paychecks, and then maybe some analyst work until 2025 when he moves on.

The Ferentzes are so bitter, I could totally see Kirk throwing the game like we did in 2022 (so that we didn't have to get embarrassed by Michigan), just so Brian can get his "emotional, feel-good, revenge win over his former team" and "stick it" to the school that fired him................

Garbage.
You sure would know bitter! So whatever you say. 😆 🤣 😂 😹

Nobody has heard a whisper of him talking to anyone. NFL staffs have filled up, but I doubt he applied anywhere. The same for college staffs. I’m sticking with ride out his Iowa paychecks, and then maybe some analyst work until 2025 when he moves on.
I’d be surprised if he’s in some other role that’s not an analyst position next year. Seems like that’s been the best thing for fired or coaches like him who fail. Seen how many HC go work for saban. Spend a year doing that work let the stink wear off and try and find a regular coaching job where time has past and not as much negativity associated with your name. And as we all know no one has more of a sour reputation attached to their name then BF.

How? He wasn't fired, his contract expired
From what I gather it doesn't expire until June 24th. So he's still got a couple months of pay coming. I imagine if he were able to get another job he'd forfeit that. That's a couple hundred grand he gets to keep vs a menial analyst job which is the best he'd likely get..

From what I gather it doesn't expire until June 24th. So he's still got a couple months of pay coming. I imagine if he were able to get another job he'd forfeit that. That's a couple hundred grand he gets to keep vs a menial analyst job which is the best he'd likely get..
Yep

"If Ferentz fails to meet either of the two incentives, his contract will officially terminate on June 30, 2024"

IDK, I wish well on the man. Iowa fans have been on his ass since the whole student housing thing. There is no doubt the fans have been harder on him then his brothers or any other player. He was always under a microscope. If I was him, I would take my family and go see Rome or the Virgin Islands for a year after all that. What is worse is he has accomplished more then everyone who has something to say about him. So really deep down, what do these people feel about themselves then? I just told someone the other day, all my life I have been held accountable, and it is a tough pill to swallow when nobody else is. So I understand a little what it is like to be the whipping boy.

Last edited:
Iowa School for the Deaf.
He can act like a 40 year old man baby and his colleagues won't have the skills necessary to scold or correct him.
Promise you they could, i grew up in SW Iowa and they actually joined our middle school team. Had a kid play RB and ran like a young Peyton Hillis.

Promise you they could, i grew up in SW Iowa and they actually joined our middle school team. Had a kid play RB and ran like a young Peyton Hillis.
More meant to be a joke, my Grandfather played there. He essentially said they ran no huddle before it was cool lol

IDK, I wish well on the man. Iowa fans have been on his ass since the whole student housing thing. There is no doubt the fans have been harder on him then his brothers or any other player. He was always under a microscope. If I was him, I would take my family and go see Rome or the Virgin Islands for a year after all that. What is worse is he has accomplished more then everyone who has something to say about him. So really deep down, what do these people feel about themselves then? I just told someone the other day, all my life I have been held accountable, and it is a tough pill to swallow when nobody else is. So I understand a little what it is like to be the whipping boy.

So you and BF are the victims? LOLOLOL. Are you taking a page from Angel Reese's playbook?

BF brought most of it on himself. Rich kid on football scholarship takes federal money to pay for his apartment. Daddy hires him to a job he isn't qualified for, KEEPS him for far too long in a job he isn't qualified for, yet BF yells at people and acts like an arrogant ass throughout his tenure.

No one hates on James Ferentz or Steven Ferentz because they have been fine representatives of UIowa and didn't bring any humiliation on themselves or the university.

So you and BF are the victims? LOLOLOL. Are you taking a page from Angel Reese's playbook?

BF brought most of it on himself. Rich kid on football scholarship takes federal money to pay for his apartment. Daddy hires him to a job he isn't qualified for, KEEPS him for far too long in a job he isn't qualified for, yet BF yells at people and acts like an arrogant ass throughout his tenure.

No one hates on James Ferentz or Steven Ferentz because they have been fine representatives of UIowa and didn't bring any humiliation on themselves or the university.
And you are just like a woman who hates men who are with younger women, but then adores a movie star who has a younger spouse. It has to be hard to have your beliefs crashing against each other all the time. You are upset that Proctor did not want to live with other team mates, and you are mad that Brian did. You are mad at Brian for not using his dad's influence or money when he moved out on his own and you are mad at him for using his dad's influence to get the OC job. Sounds to me like you just mad at people no matter what they do. As for me and my experiences, you have zero idea what I have been through so your opinion about that means nothing. Less then nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: SI_NYC
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The victim mentality is your greatest possession.
Somebody is always the victim in almost every circumstance. Unless of course you are going to argue the world is fair. (and I think we smart enough to know that by world we are not talking the trees and soil, but rather people.)

And you are just like a woman who hates men who are with younger women, but then adores a movie star who has a younger spouse. It has to be hard to have your beliefs crashing against each other all the time. You are upset that Proctor did not want to live with other team mates, and you are mad that Brian did. You are mad at Brian for not using his dad's influence or money when he moved out on his own and you are mad at him for using his dad's influence to get the OC job. Sounds to me like you just mad at people no matter what they do. As for me and my experiences, you have zero idea what I have been through so your opinion about that means nothing. Less then nothing.
No he’s not. He’s mad because Brian Ferentz was literally the worst offensive coordinator in modern day power 5 football history and he’d be continuing to run this offense into the ground if Beth Goetz didn’t step in. It’s not hard.

No he’s not. He’s mad because Brian Ferentz was literally the worst offensive coordinator in modern day power 5 football history and he’d be continuing to run this offense into the ground if Beth Goetz didn’t step in. It’s not hard.
That is a fair complaint. As long as he holds himself to the same standards. He holds his children, his wife to the same standards. Because then if nothing else he would be fair. Otherwise he never was held to the same standard, and thus most likely still does not hold himself to the same standard as he likes to dish out.

Last edited:
What is worse is he has accomplished more then everyone who has something to say about him.
What exactly has BF "accomplished?" I am a heck of a lot more comfortable with myself having done what I've done with my life compared to if my Dad handed me a $900k/yr job I didn't deserve and kept be on despite that I was terrible at for years. I seriously don't think BF has accomplished jack sh*t other than being a serviceable position coach in the NFL and at Iowa for a few years, and even those opportunities he doesn't get except that he had the right last name.

That’s part of why they get the big bucks…don’t apply private citizen standards to public highly compensated professionals. His accomplishments are graded differently than some sales rep who hit his quota a few times.

Let's see, he played P5 football. That is an accomplishment few can say they, or anyone in their family tree has done. Did you listen to Gallery talk here awhile back? He let on a little about what it takes to compete at the p5 level. Like it or not Iowa's OL has gone down hill since he quit coaching OL. So he must be pretty good at that and that is an accomplishment few can say. Yeah he may have gotten a short cut, but if you do not think he would have gotten a OL coaching job in the mac or something you are delusional. He would have worked his way into a P5 gig at some point, because like I said, he did pretty good with Iowa's OL. As for dad's help, very very few can say they did not get help from their parents. So is it his fault that his parents had more to offer in help then yours? You don't think your parents would have helped you more if they could have?? As far as they get graded different, why? I see people all the time and think, wow you are like 6'7 and could have played basketball or something. But their parents did not push them or they had no support system behind them to get them there. Is it Brian's fault he did? Is it Coopers fault that even with coming from a humble household that he made it and your kid. your nephew, your cousin or you yourself didn't? I mean talk about victim mentality, sheesh. Don't get me wrong, the system is rigged, but I think you are looking in the wrong place. Like someone said, funny how politicians kids get into the ivy league. Funny how they start with 1 mil worth and have a job that pays 250k and 4 years later are worth 6 mil AND that is just what we know about. Funny how a roofer is price gouging after a tornado and they make laws against it, but fuel goes up when travel season comes around. One is gouging one is supply and demand right???

Last edited:
Iowa has been very very good to BF. From his time as a player,then getting allowed to coach under his father. Make more money coaching here than most will make in their lifetime. Performing badly as OC and allowed to keep his job until an adult finally made the call to end it. He should have done the right thing and left on his own.

Iowa has been very very good to BF. From his time as a player,then getting allowed to coach under his father. Make more money coaching here than most will make in their lifetime. Performing badly as OC and allowed to keep his job until an adult finally made the call to end it. He should have done the right thing and left on his own.
Again valid points. I can't argue that. That is a pretty fair assessment. As competitive as one needs to be to even sniff playing time in P5, it was probably just as hard on him as it was the fans to do so poorly. Was it money, , being competitive or both that would not let him just step down??? Who knows. One could ask the same thing about some guys in the NFL that are past their peak.

Very few people are going to proactively leave a position in which they are working for their father and are making close to a million a year. There is a sense of entitlement that clouds their thinking into believing that they actually deserve the position. I am personally aware of people who are making six figure salaries in the family business for doing nothing or worse, creating problems every day they actually show up for work. And yet they totally believe they're entitled to what they're getting because they're members of the lucky sperm club.

The situation at Iowa was exhibit A for why anti-nepotism rules are in place. Incompetence is seldom dealt with in an effective manner and that's not the kid's job. That was Kirk's.

Again valid points. I can't argue that. That is a pretty fair assessment. As competitive as one needs to be to even sniff playing time in P5, it was probably just as hard on him as it was the fans to do so poorly. Was it money, , being competitive or both that would not let him just step down??? Who knows. One could ask the same thing about some guys in the NFL that are past their peak.
Guys in the NFL have earned it. Brian was handed what he’s had on a golden platter.

What exactly has BF "accomplished?" I am a heck of a lot more comfortable with myself having done what I've done with my life compared to if my Dad handed me a $900k/yr job I didn't deserve and kept be on despite that I was terrible at for years. I seriously don't think BF has accomplished jack sh*t other than being a serviceable position coach in the NFL and at Iowa for a few years, and even those opportunities he doesn't get except that he had the right last name.
Lol, exactly what I was thinking. He was an undersized lineman at a college known for lineman but, well, yeah, his dad coached here so we know why. Kind of like Lickliter actually getting playing time. BF wasn't terrible but honestly, he wasn't special either. He got a job at the Patriots because of his dad afterwards and won with them because, well, they were the team before he got there and he gets to work with Gronk and Hernandez. He then became an OC with virtually no experience at the school his dad coached at where it was also extremely obvious his dad would've hired him day one if allowed but waited a short time. He also wouldn't have been fired yet again because of daddy but someone has to do something.

I've nothing against him other than I didn't vibe well with him when I met him. I definitely have something against him having/getting a job at my alma mater simply because of relation. I could've accomplished "great" things in life if my rich father still had to take care of me as a 35 year old man apparently. All it must take is to do nothing at my job, still retain it, and it could be considered an accomplishment according to some on here. It's honestly baffling to me that a vocal group still somehow defend BF. It's impossible to do yet some still do so adamantly at times.

It's blatantly obvious BF isn't good at being an OC. This is exacerbated by the fact that KF doesn't allow wrinkles in his offensive scheme. Terrible choice in my opinion to put BF in that position but KF isn't aware of such obvious things, like ineptness on offense, it appears. He's been in his position too long to remember otherwise.

Last edited:
Lol, exactly what I was thinking. He was an undersized lineman at a college known for lineman but, well, yeah, his dad coached here so we know why. Kind of like Lickliter actually getting playing time. BF wasn't terrible but honestly, he wasn't special either. He got a job at the Patriots because of his dad afterwards and won with them because, well, they were the team before he got there and he gets to work with Gronk and Hernandez. He then became an OC with virtually no experience at the school his dad coached at where it was also extremely obvious his dad would've hired him day one if allowed but waited a short time. He also wouldn't have been fired yet again because of daddy but someone has to do something.

I've nothing against him other than I didn't vibe well with him when I met him. I definitely have something against him having/getting a job at my alma mater simply because of relation. I could've accomplished "great" things in life if my rich father still had to take care of me as a 35 year old man apparently. All it must take is to do nothing at my job, still retain it, and it could be considered an accomplishment according to some on here. It's honestly baffling to me that a vocal group still somehow defend BF. It's impossible to do yet some still do so adamantly at times.

It's blatantly obvious BF isn't good at being an OC. This is exacerbated by the fact that KF doesn't allow wrinkles in his offensive scheme. Terrible choice in my opinion to put BF in that position but KF isn't aware of such obvious things, like ineptness on offense, it appears. He's been in his position too long to remember otherwise.
The amount of gaslighting that went on to explain how our offense was somehow “complimentary” these past two seasons is pretty funny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT