Votes: 2 0.9%
  • FCS Head Coach

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • FCS OC

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Analyst

Votes: 72 32.9%

• Total voters
How would that even work? College football coaches work long days from August-January. IC to Lincoln is 4 1/2 hours.
Verducci is an offensive analyst. Since analysts can’t work directly with players it’s up to the HC to set the workplace rules. If they don’t need to see them on a daily basis it works out. Verducci’s family lived in the IC the entire time after he left the Iowa staff as far as I can tell.

How come lawn care / snow removal biz is not an option? Wouldn't you want his biz mowing your lawn and clearing your snow?

Bullshit, Evil….I really dont disagree with your takes too often. But, coaches are gonna coach…..it’s in their blood. Brian was demonized way too much in his last years at Iowa City…..and he may darn well excel as a p;osition coach somewhere…..even if iot is in Lincoln.I wish him well….as long as he stays away from PJ and UMinnesota.
What did Brian do to deserve to be called a coach?

You don't think a little beef help Brian be an all-league performer at O-line for your Hawkeyes?
LOL. If shoveling snow and mowing the lawn turned someone into an All-B1G athlete, I would have broken every one of Archie Griffin's records...

Brian going to Nebraska to coach TEs would really suck.
he was a pretty versatile position coach. did well as OL coach and as RB coordinator also. neb would be getting great deal. wish we would've moved him to the ol spot to replace the suboptimal guy we have.

He coached the O-line for a few years, he helped out with TE’s at New England….and he knows one helluva lot more about football and theory than you could ever hope to know.
And he will forever be known as the coach that fielded the worst Iowa offenses for multiple years. Obviously his football “IQ” is higher than any of us, but at least I don’t have that following me around the rest of my life lol.

he was a pretty versatile position coach. did well as OL coach and as RB coordinator also. neb would be getting great deal. wish we would've moved him to the ol spot to replace the suboptimal guy we have.
I don’t care how good he is at OL coach, there is no way in hell having that distraction continue to be on the sideline at Iowa would ever have been a good thing. He needed to be shit canned.

I don’t care how good he is at OL coach, there is no way in hell having that distraction continue to be on the sideline at Iowa would ever have been a good thing. He needed to be shit canned.
don’t disagree but it would be so much easier to stomach him as a position coach at ne if we had a half as effective option coaching our ol

Reactions: SolarHawk
Maybe if his dad didn't completely f*ck over his career by keeping him as OC while also maintaining a completely antiquated and outdated approach to offense, the kid would be able to find a job.

It's seriously crazy just how badly Kirk doomed his own son's future career prospects, and how Brian allowed his future career prospects to be doomed by sticking around. Unreal.

Sorry, but you deserve what you get.

I wish him well, but I would shocked if he was in the running for another OC position at any D1 program….he needs to check is ego at the door and take a step down from here. Unfortunately for him, the door with the Pats was closed.😎

The Ferentzes are so bitter, I could totally see Kirk throwing the game like we did in 2022 (so that we didn't have to get embarrassed by Michigan), just so Brian can get his "emotional, feel-good, revenge win over his former team" and "stick it" to the school that fired him................

Garbage.
If you think KF would ever throw a game your stupid beyond belief. Additionally, how do you know they’re bitter? I think he lets things roll off his back and keeps moving forward

Maybe if his dad didn't completely f*ck over his career by keeping him as OC while also maintaining a completely antiquated and outdated approach to offense, the kid would be able to find a job.

It's seriously crazy just how badly Kirk doomed his own son's future career prospects, and how Brian allowed his future career prospects to be doomed by sticking around. Unreal.

Sorry, but you deserve what you get.
LMFAO. You think his career is doomed??? OMG.

I know the video in the first post is informative but it isn't overly impressive. I was a fat kid and played Oline and Dline in Middle School. There is nothing in that video that I didn't learn in 8th grade or my Freshman year. On top of that Brian is nowhere near a genius when it comes to schemes and playcalling. He may not even be good at identifying weaknesses considering the countless games he did the opposite of the weakness of the opponent's D. I said in this thread he has had 2 bosses (Dad & Dad's buddy) nothing has been on his own merit. He is going to struggle finding anything above a D1 analyst.

Honest question for all. Would you as a coach be confident with Brian breaking down film of the opponent and him telling you where the strengths and weaknesses are of your opponent?

Reactions: 90-0
Before we get too harsh with BF, remember that KF hired and retained him. If someone offered me a position with a salary north off 500k, I would take it.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
I know the video in the first post is informative but it isn't overly impressive. I was a fat kid and played Oline and Dline in Middle School. There is nothing in that video that I didn't learn in 8th grade or my Freshman year. On top of that Brian is nowhere near a genius when it comes to schemes and playcalling. He may not even be good at identifying weaknesses considering the countless games he did the opposite of the weakness of the opponent's D. I said in this thread he has had 2 bosses (Dad & Dad's buddy) nothing has been on his own merit. He is going to struggle finding anything above a D1 analyst.

Honest question for all. Would you as a coach be confident with Brian breaking down film of the opponent and him telling you where the strengths and weaknesses are of your opponent?
Absolutely I’d be confident with him doing that. As long as he doesn’t have to call plays or address defensive tendencies or anything else associated with running an offense. I would have much rather have him be the next head coach at iowa, than ever have him call another offensive play as coordinator.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: littlez
Absolutely I’d be confident with him doing that. As long as he doesn’t have to call plays or address defensive tendencies or anything else associated with running an offense. I would have much rather have him be the next head coach at iowa, than ever have him call another offensive play as coordinator.
I see your stance on HC but this guy at the D1 level put up games of 66 yards, 76 yards, and 150 against an FCS school. You would be ok with him being an analyst for your football team?

I don't understand any of this.

I don't understand any of this.
My rational being that Brian is such a bad offensive coordinator, I would have done anything to move him from that spot, even if that meant moving him to head coach. Anything to get him out of the offensive coordinator spot.

I see your stance on HC but this guy at the D1 level put up games of 66 yards, 76 yards, and 150 against an FCS school. You would be ok with him being an analyst for your football team?
Yea. Probably. He strikes me as the kind of coach that is pretty smart, but just doesn’t understand the art of calling plays in a game.

He strikes me as the kind of coach that is pretty smart
Oh My God Reaction GIF by Jimmy Conrad

Before we get too harsh with BF, remember that KF hired and retained him. If someone offered me a position with a salary north off 500k, I would take it.
I think everyone has equal contempt toward KF and BF regarding this fiasco. And I don't think people blame BF for taking and keeping his job; it's more about his being a pompous ass and having the "my sh*t don't stink" attitude throughout the whole thing, knowing that the only reason he was employed was because of his old man and the gelding Iowa had for an AD.

Again, Brian might go down as the worst offensive coordinator in power five history. But can he be an analyst?!? Idk
IDK either. He was a good position coach. I just wouldn't take a run at him on anything other than that. Then again, maybe it's well known that KFz is the ultimate governor on the Iowa offense...as he always has been. Hard to be a great chef when you're told you can only use certain ingredients.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT