ADVERTISEMENT

Where is the stock market thread?

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
I can’t find one on the market tanking today. I see a CPI thread but you would think the loss today would deserve its own thread. There is history on this board.

The S&P 500 is still higher than it was last Wednesday, but congrats anyway, I guess

I know right? The market closes down 1200+ points and I search to see all of the comments from you guys but am left searching. You guys are slipping. There used to be numerous threads on this when Trump was in office.
It was merged into the threads about the DoJ being weaponized under Trump, and the one about Trump putting out the picture with him wearing the Q pin.

Inflation is red hot. Thanks Joe!
Sure. He made inflation happen around the world. Betcha if Trump was still president he'd have forced the oil companies to produce more at home, and then refuse to sell it on the world market. He'd totally have forced millions of people to not voluntarily remove themselves from the workforce. If Trump were still president he'd nationalize baby formula manufacturing. He'd force trucking companies to hire more drivers even though they don't exist to ease supply chain issues.

I believe the best thing to do is to buy stock in companies you believe in and are a good value and hold them. There is a reason Buffet has his billions and it’s not day trading….humans are AWFUL at picking the high or low of a market.

OP had a short term objective yet had his dollars in the market and took a bath today because he had to withdraw. lol

I believe the best thing to do is to buy stock in companies you believe in and are a good value and hold them. There is a reason Buffet has his billions and it’s not day trading….humans are AWFUL at picking the high or low of a market.
Blue horseshoe says follow cash flow and yields in rough water.
some buying opportunities out there but i’ll wait a few days.
All my non energy stocks triggered stop losses today (at good profits mostly).

I know right? The market closes down 1200+ points and I search to see all of the comments from you guys but am left searching. You guys are slipping. There used to be numerous threads on this when Trump was in office.
Whatever you have to tell yourself in order to rationalize your belief system clown.

Reactions: lucas80
6tapvx.jpg

Sure. He made inflation happen around the world. Betcha if Trump was still president he'd have forced the oil companies to produce more at home, and then refuse to sell it on the world market. He'd totally have forced millions of people to not voluntarily remove themselves from the workforce. If Trump were still president he'd nationalize baby formula manufacturing. He'd force trucking companies to hire more drivers even though they don't exist to ease supply chain issues.
Well shit. I had NO idea you had yourself one of them there crystal balls. Got the Powerball numbers?

I’m actually curious what my investment funds are in the Fidelity 401k. I know they are high risk but no clue if they are small cap.
You sound like you have this investing thing down. Why not just say you are heavily invested in Amalgamated Spats?

Reactions: BelemNole
I did get a panicky text from a conservative. He's enjoyable to talk with, or hang out with at Wrigley, but he's basically a day trader. He seemed tense.

You sound like you have this investing thing down. Why not just say you are heavily invested in Amalgamated Spats?
Not remotely knowledgeable on investments. I did well On the 401k but it was dumb luck.

I was actually thinking about using a financial advisor but they give me a used car salesmen vibe.

I’m actually curious what my investment funds are in the Fidelity 401k. I know they are high risk but no clue if they are small cap.

wait a sec. You know they are high risk but have no clue what they are? Give me the tickers and I’ll tell you what you got.

Not remotely knowledgeable on investments. I did well On the 401k but it was dumb luck.

I was actually thinking about using a financial advisor but they give me a used car salesmen vibe.
Takes one to know one, huh?

wait a sec. You know they are high risk but have no clue what they are? Give me the tickers and I’ll tell you what you got.
I really wish I did t look at this today

1st fund is the Boston TR SMId CAP (BTSMX)

2nd is FID EXTD MKT IDX (FSMAX)

3rd is FID 500 INDEX (FXAIX)

They had been doing really well l…not now

I really wish I did t look at this today

1st fund is the Boston TR SMId CAP (BTSMX)

2nd is FID EXTD MKT IDX (FSMAX)

3rd is FID 500 INDEX (FXAIX)

They had been doing really well l…not now

BTSMX - Mid cap
FSMAX - small cap
FXAIX - s and p 500 index

Nice enough mix depending how you are allocated and how much you got. I wouldn't necessarily say high risk but certainly growth oriented.

BTSMX - Mid cap
FSMAX - small cap
FXAIX - s and p 500 index

Nice enough mix depending how you are allocated and how much you got. I wouldn't necessarily say high risk but certainly growth oriented.
Each have a 3rd of the overall portfolio. I was killing it until recently.

Should I just leave and ride out the market for the next 20 years?

Each have a 3rd of the overall portfolio. I was killing it until recently.

Should I just leave and ride out the market for the next 20 years?

Probably not necessarily over the next 20 years, but I am not moving anything around right now. if it hasn't been moved around already, you will just cause yourself more harm than good.

And go find yourself a good financial advisor. If you are talking to ones that come off as used car salesman, you are talking to the wrong ones. Some great advisors out there. Make sure they are finra advisors and not some insurance rep selling annuities. and life insurance.

Probably not necessarily over the next 20 years, but I am not moving anything around right now. if it hasn't been moved around already, you will just cause yourself more harm than good.

And go find yourself a good financial advisor. If you are talking to ones that come off as used car salesman, you are talking to the wrong ones. Some great advisors out there. Make sure they are finra advisors and not some insurance rep selling annuities. and life insurance.
You hit the nail on the head. The 4 or 5 that I spoke to tried to sell life insurance right off the bat.

How does the fees work with one? Do they take a % of my 401k? Do they transfer the money out of it?

I do need one though. I’m doing the dumbest thing imaginable which is having a decent amount of cash sitting in a savings account making nothing %

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT