ADVERTISEMENT

White St. Louis couple point guns at protesters heading past their home to mayor’s house

Not likely to happen. This is just getting started. This is what happens when wealth redistributes towards extreme concentration and consolidation. Every facet of the current unrest is rooted in this.
So, because you've decided these people were wealthy to the extreme? What's the criteria and can you share a chart?

However deadly force can only be used when
  • Reasonable believe that the force is necessary for self-defense or defense of others (including unborn children) to prevent death, serious physical injury, or a forcible felony.
  • The force is used against a person who unlawfully enters a dwelling, residence or vehicle.
Neither of which exists.

Remember the claim was "Anders Walker, a constitutional law professor at St. Louis University, said that although it's "very dangerous" to engage protesters with guns, the homeowners broke no laws by brandishing or pointing weapons at them because Portland Place is a private street. He said they are legally protected by Missouri's Castle Doctrine, which allows people to use deadly force to defend private property."

But that link says they can use physical force but not deadly force to defend private property. Firing one of those guns would have been deadly force.

If the mob had started advancing on them they would have had all the right in the world to use deadly force.

If the mob had started advancing on them they would have had all the right in the world to use deadly force.

Maybe, depends upon if they had reason to believe the mob was going to hurt them. I would in general say if the entire mob advanced than yes. But they didn't.

But again why bring the guns into it. Conceal one on your person and inform them that this is a private road and if they don't leave you will have to call police. Or quite frankly if it's a mob I would just stay in my home and call police. Keep my life and other's lives in the place where I can exercise the most control over the situation.

Guess we'll find out when it hits the courts...
But, yes, people do it on University property all the time.
Sweet. Where do you live? I’ll be over with about 500 people tonight, some armed, and have a protest in your back yard while you’re eating then. I’m sure you won’t mind or feel threatened.

Reactions: Pepperman
Which would give legal authority for the protesters to respond in kind.

Not really. . . being on their property they are allowed to confront trespassers. They just don't need to do it brandishing weapons. If you are confronting a trespasser and after being asked to leave the trespasser(s) advance towards you especially using threatening language and advancing in numbers like that, it's a case were the trespassers created the confrontation by trespassing.

I disagree with you here. If a bunch of protesters are walking through your property you have the right in good faith to ask them to get off your property. This doesn't need to be done brandishing firearms (but carrying one concealed makes sense) If they ignore that and start moving towards you in any manner which would be considered threatening than your self defense rights kick in.

Apparently, Lyda was born in Davenport.

She went from QC pizza to Saint Louis pizza.

Maybe, depends upon if they had reason to believe the mob was going to hurt them. I would in general say if the entire mob advanced than yes. But they didn't.

But again why bring the guns into it. Conceal one on your person and inform them that this is a private road and if they don't leave you will have to call police. Or quite frankly if it's a mob I would just stay in my home and call police. Keep my life and other's lives in the place where I can exercise the most control over the situation.

They brought guns into it which kept the mob away. Kind of like the dude with the liquor store in mnpls because he had armed people set up.

He is killing it now with sales, only one left.

The couple didn't bring guns into it...the protestors did.

People are scared because these terrorists continue to destroy property and in Seattle shooting at lord knows who in Chop. So instilling terror would be what they are dong.

Again, link showing the conservatives doing this.

The left is the one fueling this, not the right.

Boogaloo Bois & Proud Boys say hello you hypocrite.

Reactions: Pinehawk
So you are going to continue to support the domestic terrorists as long as their left wing?

I'll always support peaceful protesters, and always will. I do not support riots, looting and vandalism. Quit co-mingling and equating the spectrum of behaviors. The vast majority of the St. Louis group yesterday didn't riot, loot or vandalize property so quit acting like they did.

I even support having rich, cow-like women to stand on their lawn holding a pistol like they do their husband's perpetually limp and shriveled penis. And if she hurts or kills someone with her horrendous gun skills, I also support throwing her enormous ass into a very wide jail cell.

Sure sure. Burning buildings and stealing from people are ok?

I was pretty clear there are domestic terrorists on both sides. Unlike the lefties.

These are left wing domestic terrorists plain and simple. Do what we say or we destroy.
It's intellectually lazy to claim I said that, if not an outright lie. It should be expected from someone who ignores true domestic terrorists and tries to paint fringe protesters who damage property in the same light.

"Do what we say?" That might be a valid objection if what "they" are saying was unreasonable. However most of us think eliminating police brutality is a good thing. As opposed to the the real terrorists you conveniently ignore who kill to promote white supremacy or other neo-conservative platforms.

So, because you've decided these people were wealthy to the extreme? What's the criteria and can you share a chart?
Lol. Come on, Goldie. I'm speaking to the larger context of everything that is going on. We've gone down a bad path over the last forty or fifty years. And now we're starting to see the comeuppance, so to speak.

Oh no! She's doing it wrong...good thing! I wouldn't know that because I don't own a gun...
Interesting that the fact that these people crashed the gate to get in and were trespassing is ignored. Given recent events I can't imagine why they felt the need to be pro-active in defending their property.
Gated communities...don’t they have their standing armies to protect them?

Correct. ^^ BTW, I saw a video clip a week or so ago where some people were guarding their place of business with apparent AR's, or the suchlike. I don't think they were terribly rich people...just people that wanted to protect their own property.

The urge to protect one's personal property is not a rich/poor thing per se. The more radical the protests...the more radical the response to the protests.

Reactions: goldmom
I'll always support peaceful protesters, and always will. I do not support riots, looting and vandalism. Quit co-mingling and equating the spectrum of behaviors. The vast majority of the St. Louis group yesterday didn't riot, loot or vandalize property so quit acting like they did.

I even support having rich, cow-like women to stand on their lawn holding a pistol like they do their husband's perpetually limp and shriveled penis. And if she hurts or kills someone with her horrendous gun skills, I also support throwing her enormous ass into a very wide jail cell.

.sorry, you are supporting domestic terrorism. They are on private property terrorizing the neighborhood.

Nothing has been peaceful about any of this.

Reactions: goldmom
maxresdefault.jpg

michigan-coronavirus-lockdown-05-gty-jc-200430_hpMain_16x9_1600.jpg
Are they on private property?

It's intellectually lazy to claim I said that, if not an outright lie. It should be expected from someone who ignores true domestic terrorists and tries to paint fringe protesters who damage property in the same light.

"Do what we say?" That might be a valid objection if what "they" are saying was unreasonable. However most of us think eliminating police brutality is a good thing. As opposed to the the real terrorists you conveniently ignore who kill to promote white supremacy or other neo-conservative platforms.

Police brutality? From what I have seen the terrorists you support have a fairly long laundry list.

If it were about police brutality I would agree but they have gone way past that.

Lol. Come on, Goldie. I'm speaking to the larger context of everything that is going on. We've gone down a bad path over the last forty or fifty years. And now we're starting to see the comeuppance, so to speak.
Sometimes it's just better to sit out a thread...

Man I remember back when the qualifications to be a terrorist involved killing someone. Now apparently breaking a few things makes you a terrorist today. Next thing you know I will be a terrorist cause of that ticket I got for going 51 in a 50.

Come on man. These guys need to go to jail I get that. Property destruction isn't cool with me either. But stop calling people terrorists, at least until they have killed someone.
$550,000,000 damage in Minneapolis alone is a few things? I guess to Pelosi and crew it is.

Wow, you're easily triggered if some drums and shouting equates to terrorism. Get a focking grip brochacho!

If you haven't noticed, they burned Minneapolis, that was terrorism.

These "protestors" were asked to be off the streets at 8 pm. They didn't comply and broke the law, and at that point became terrorists.

Peaceful protests is a joke. They terrorized the good citizens of mnpls.

Sorry, but they are domestic terrorists.

If you haven't noticed, they burned Minneapolis, that was terrorism.

These "protestors" were asked to be off the streets at 8 pm. They didn't comply and broke the law, and at that point became terrorists.

Peaceful protests is a joke. They terrorized the good citizens of mnpls.

Sorry, but they are domestic terrorists.

The St. Louis group did? Wow, they sure covered a lot of ground yesterday. Did the rich gun-toting wackos trail them up there the whole way?

The St. Louis group did? Wow, they sure covered a lot of ground yesterday. Did the rich gun-toting wackos trail them up there the whole way?

They were on private property. This couple was scared enough to pull weapons which they need some help with.

Just those actions show how terrorized those people actually were.

St Louis had rioting and looting as well.

You want to have peaceful protests, go stand in front of city hall. When you take it you neighborhoods and private property, you become terrorists.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT