ADVERTISEMENT

Who does Garza most remind you of in the NBA?

Sabonis had more inches but I think the presence is similar. Especially with how the game has changed.
Not even close, in size or abilities.
And that is absolutely no shot at Luka.
Do all of you always wear rose colored glasses for EVERYTHING? Lol

The more I think about it the more I think the comp is Dirk Nowitsky.

They don't really have similar moves but both are great scorerers on the block and excellent at shooting 3s.

Dirk was a horrible defender and Luka would be similar in the nba.
Dirk is 7'1 and could play in NBA traffic.
As much as he is the best Iowa player ever, and he is, he cannot compete physically with those guys because HE CAN'T JUMP.

Dirk is 7'1 and could play in NBA traffic.
As much as he is the best Iowa player ever, and he is, he cannot compete physically with those guys because HE CAN'T JUMP.

Its not like he's out jumping people now.

Hes competed fine against plenty of future nba guys, Daniel Oturu, Jalen Smith, Coffi K. The bigs from UNC this year.

Basketball isn't a jumping contest. If it were Luka wouldn't be even competitive in college.

Dirk couldn’t leave the ground the last half of his career and had even worse lateral mobility.

Luka can definitely score in the nba. His main role would likely be as a pick n pop guy and floor spacer. They're way more interested in his 3pt shooting vs post game.

His issue will be his lack of lateral mobility defending ball screens.

He can't defend ball screens now and at the next level thats all allot of teams do.

Last edited:
Bill Laimbeer. Not as good on D and definitely not as dirty (though he could get there in the league if he wanted to be). Laimbeer was an inside/out center that kept people honest. Garza is way better offensively, particularly from deep. Bill was a career 12pt/9rb guy that shot .321 from 3. I think Garza could match those numbers in a decent NBA career.

Reactions: Tunadog
Its not like he's out jumping people now.

Hes competed fine against plenty of future nba guys, Daniel Oturu, Jalen Smith, Coffi K. The bigs from UNC this year.

Basketball isn't a jumping contest. If it were Luka wouldn't be even competitive in college.

Dirk couldn’t leave the ground the last half of his career and had even worse lateral mobility.

Luka can definitely score in the nba. His main role would likely be as a pick n pop guy and floor spacer. They're way more interested in his 3pt shooting vs post game.

His issue will be his lack of lateral mobility defending ball screens.

He can't defend ball screens now and at the next level thats all allot of teams do.
It's not like he's playing a ton of future NBA players every night either.
He's too plodding and slow to be a high pick, I hope I'm wrong, and he won't be outrunning dudes in the league as all they do is run, it's their livelihood.

It's not like he's playing a ton of future NBA players every night either.
He's too plodding and slow to be a high pick, I hope I'm wrong, and he won't be outrunning dudes in the league as all they do is run, it's their livelihood.

I don't think he'll be a high pick either but I do think someone will give him a chance because he's a 6'11 guy who shoots %50 from 3 and can also score around the bucket as an added bonus.

His ceiling is probably quick change of pace guy who plays a few minutes a half who comes in to run some pick and pops 3s and gets out before the opponent has a chance to key in on him.

I wouldn't compare him to Jokic. Jokic is currently averaging a triple double. His passing is unreal.

Jokic is a stud of course...Garza would be a poor man's Jokic just because Garza is so skilled shooting the ball, but obviously Garza doesn't have the same passing ability.

Everything I've read says NBA doesn't want Garza because he won't be able to defend. I think if Garza were a little bit taller and legit 7'0 he'd be able to compete better. Jokic at 7'0 has length that lets him contest shots. Brooks Lopez for Milwaukee doesn't appear to be quicker than Garza, but he gets part time minutes in NBA at 7'0 in NBA because he is pretty skilled and can block shots with length.

I wouldn't compare him to Jokic. Jokic is currently averaging a triple double. His passing is unreal.

Jokic is a stud of course...Garza would be a poor man's Jokic just because Garza is so skilled shooting the ball, but obviously Garza doesn't have the same passing ability.

Everything I've read says NBA doesn't want Garza because he won't be able to defend. I think if Garza were a little bit taller and legit 7'0 he'd be able to compete better. Jokic at 7'0 has length that lets him contest shots. Brooks Lopez for Milwaukee doesn't appear to be quicker than Garza, but he gets part time minutes in NBA at 7'0 in NBA because he is pretty skilled and can block shots with length.

He’s a poor man’s Jokic today. If he improves his passing and mobility Garza could be a great in the NBA.

I just don’t see Luka having much success in the NBA 30 years ago, he would fit right in. He’s better than Sikma, Laimbeer, Gilmore & Bob Lanier. These were all slow big dudes that played several years in the league.
The NBA game today, frankly is awful to watch.
It’s all isolation. 1 player goes one on one and the other 4 stand around and watch. Yuck!
I see Luka having a great career overseas and making good money!

I just don’t see Luka having much success in the NBA 30 years ago, he would fit right in. He’s better than Sikma, Laimbeer, Gilmore & Bob Lanier. These were all slow big dudes that played several years in the league.
It’s all isolation. 1 player goes one on one and the other 4 stand around and watch. Yuck!
Have you watched the Warriors play since Steve Kerr became coach in 2014?

Lol here the takes I love to see. Yes I'm sure you've seen plenty of NBA games in recent times. I want more 25 year old false cliches, keep them coming!

He is also much more athletic than Luka.

I don't get the comparisons to Jokic. Jokic is averaging a triple-double so far this year and leading the league in assists. He is just fine athletically and much more athletic than Garza. He just runs the floor weird like Garza.

Reactions: Moral
Lol here the takes I love to see. Yes I'm sure you've seen plenty of NBA games in recent times. I want more 25 year old false cliches, keep them coming!
It’s db’s like you that still watch the NBA and thinks it’s basketball. I’ve forgotten more then you’ll ever know about the game, but I’m glad I could amuse you!

Have you watched the Warriors play since Steve Kerr became coach in 2014?
You mean bitch ass Steph Curry who launches 25 ft 3 pointers. Yep, watched their run when they where relevant. I read that he’s back. Did his boo boo heal?
I would have loved to watch him try to drive down the lane against the bad boys. Little bitch wouldn’t have to worry about his mouth piece. Does he still suck on it like it’s a cock?

• Haha
Reactions: FBletterman
You mean bitch ass Steph Curry who launches 25 ft 3 pointers. Yep, watched their run when they where relevant. I read that he’s back. Did his boo boo heal?
I would have loved to watch him try to drive down the lane against the bad boys. Little bitch wouldn’t have to worry about his mouth piece. Does he still suck on it like it’s a cock?

Drinking already?

It’s db’s like you that still watch the NBA and thinks it’s basketball. I’ve forgotten more then you’ll ever know about the game, but I’m glad I could amuse you!

giphy.gif

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Since last year, he's reminded me of Vlade Divac. He's a below the rim, extremely skilled technician, who can take it outside (better than Divac in this category), and has extraordinary touch around the basket.

I don't get the comparisons to Jokic. Jokic is averaging a triple-double so far this year and leading the league in assists. He is just fine athletically and much more athletic than Garza. He just runs the floor weird like Garza.

He can't jump and is slow and a good shooter and post scorer Thats why people want to compare them but Jokic is allot more than that and does allot of stuff no one else has ever done at that size.

shazam-gomer-pyle-gif-5.gif

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
ADVERTISEMENT