ADVERTISEMENT

Who is ready to pay reparations

What about the idea of a guy who forces everyone to listen to his favorite songs instead of answering questions? The same level of stupid? More? Less?
You do realize that two people in that crowd were having medical issues! So, rather than continuing his speech, Trump allowed the first responders to do their jobs. I really don’t think having background music for entertainment during that timeframe was such a travesty.

Reactions: abby97 and goldmom
How about we make it so that a portion of anybody's income that's dumb enough to give to Trump, goes to the descendants of slaves:

GZ-GchbWYAA47l2

You are beyond ignorant. You truly don't know the history of black America. Millions of people, who you vote with, don't think much differently than white Americans in any of those time frames you mentioned. Walk into rural towns all over the damn country and you'll see it. Just because blacks were given equal rights in the 1960s didn't mean that all whites accepted that. Some of you refuse to learn big picture and pigeon hole everything into these tiny little grievances.

Hell, a study was done a couple of years ago about black and white names on applications getting called back for job interviews. Overwhelmingly the white names got responses. Who would YOU call first, Marqueesha or Allison? Keyvonte or Jack? Which reminds me...what's your job? I didn't see your reply when I asked.
Despite your rant…I assume you realize there is no way the U.S. can afford to pay reparations. Even if we could afford such, how would the $ amount(s) be calculated. In any case, it’s all a moot point.

You do realize that two people in that crowd were having medical issues! So, rather than continuing his speech, Trump allowed the first responders to do their jobs. I really don’t think having background music for entertainment during that timeframe was such a travesty.
I think you need to watch the actual rally. The medical emergency was over when this started:

Reactions: sober_teacher
Christopher Hitchens already emphatically dismantled the arguments against reparations. No doubt that this nation was built on the backs of slave labor and cultural genocide. The one argument against it is the Civil War’s debt in American blood. But, yes, if the work had been properly compensated, we would have avoided generations of societal problems. Money is a great equalizer, and has a ramification for generations.

Also, she made it pretty clear there she’s not endorsing it.

Well, that British dude much like his country of origin doesn't have to worry about our Constitution which he conveniently leaves out of the argument. So many people on the left are so ready to trash the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to give handouts in order to receive a lifetime of political loyalty.

Christopher Hitchens already emphatically dismantled the arguments against reparations. No doubt that this nation was built on the backs of slave labor and cultural genocide. The one argument against it is the Civil War’s debt in American blood. But, yes, if the work had been properly compensated, we would have avoided generations of societal problems. Money is a great equalizer, and has a ramification for generations.

Also, she made it pretty clear there she’s not endorsing it.

You’re becoming the biggest idiot on the internet.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
Or that you’re running for office and prone to say anything for a vote.
Credits or tax cuts Trump has stated during election cycle

Keep tax cuts
However bring back salt, biggest increase of taxes, in his tax cuts
No taxes on tips
Eliminate income tax on Social Security benefits
Scrapping taxes on Overtime pay
Lowering Corporate tax rates

Yeah looks like he is throwing all kind of money around. He isn't merely suggesting to review it either. Its actually a part of his plan, unlike reoperations is no where in Kamala's plan. I think its something she would like, but its a losing argument and isn't feasible.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
Menace is past the point in being able to call out stupidity from the left.

It's unfortunate.
Normally he would be right. The right has intellectually de-evolved in the past 20 years.
The lefts crazy just centers around guilt and naivety, which is at least a noble endeavor.
The far right is wrong most of the time. too long of a list to go through. If Trump is your standard bearer you have lost all ability to think critically.
The far left is wrong on positions they hold most dear. They would like you to believe they are so morally superior that they would have never had slaves or they would have freed them. While at the same time they do not stand up for 1/2 of the muslim population that is currently enslaved.

Well, that British dude much like his country of origin doesn't have to worry about our Constitution which he conveniently leaves out of the argument. So many people on the left are so ready to trash the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to give handouts in order to receive a lifetime of political loyalty.

You’re becoming the biggest idiot on the internet.
Ah, yes. In rides those with nothing but straw men, ad hominems, and bad faith arguments.

Then why does the left keep pushing for it?
Charlemagne brought it up, a descendant of Black slaves. Pretty obvious as to why he would bring it up, and it's not about selfishness, but righting an injustice for Black Americans. I don't think it hurts to ask at all. The bigger question is, why are you too fragile to have a discourse about it?

Because when the oppressors are not white or Jewish, it doesn't count.

Charlemagne brought it up, a descendant of Black slaves. Pretty obvious as to why he would bring it up, and it's not about selfishness, but righting an injustice for Black Americans. I don't think it hurts to ask at all. The bigger question is, why are you too fragile to have a discourse about it?
to what end? Are you going to right all historical wrongs?

Hell, a study was done a couple of years ago about black and white names on applications getting called back for job interviews. Overwhelmingly the white names got responses. Who would YOU call first, Marqueesha or Allison? Keyvonte or Jack?

Black urban culture/crime has really screwed over the hard working AA's that want to make an honest living just like everyone else.

Reactions: abby97
Just, just stop.....😆😅😂🤣🤣😅

to what end? Are you going to right all historical wrongs?
Of course not. Hitchens addressed this "white whine". Never let "perfect" be the enemy of "good". I'm in favor of some other way of benefitting Black communities without direct cash payments. We simply haven't done enough of this, and in fact, we spent decades destroying areas of Black wealth and prosperity.

Of course not. Hitchens addressed this "white whine". Never let "perfect" be the enemy of "good". I'm in favor of some other way of benefitting Black communities without direct cash payments. We simply haven't done enough of this, and in fact, we spent decades destroying areas of Black wealth and prosperity.
if you want to fix something, start with valuing education. That fixes most problems.

The bigger question is, why are you too fragile to have a discourse about it?
I brought up the absolute most legitimate road blocks of reparations (Constitution and Civil Rights Act) and you threw a tantrum and wanted nothing to do with having "discourse". Not to mention there are way more blacks here who are not descendants of slaves than those who are. What is the plan for weeding them out (and again, in direct opposition to the CRA)?

And why would those blacks whose families came here well after the end of slavery be forced to "chip in", while dealing with all of the same obstacles? What about the Chinese who were forced to build the TC railroad then had to deal with the Chinese Exclusion Act and other awful things placed before them? Is it because they seemed to overcome that shit, that we do not consider them for reparations?

Seems like lots of discourse to be had.

Reactions: goldmom
Liberal policies have done more harm to the African American community more than anything.

I brought up the absolute most legitimate road blocks of reparations (Constitution and Civil Rights Act) and you threw a tantrum and wanted nothing to do with having "discourse". Not to mention there are way more blacks here who are not descendants of slaves than those who are. What is the plan for weeding them out (and again, in direct opposition to the CRA)?

And why would those blacks whose families came here well after the end of slavery be forced to "chip in", while dealing with all of the same obstacles? What about the Chinese who were forced to build the TC railroad then had to deal with the Chinese Exclusion Act and other awful things placed before them? Is it because they seemed to overcome that shit, that we do not consider them for reparations?

Seems like lots of discourse to be had.
Sure are. Let’s start here first and go from there later.
Liberal policies have done more harm to the African American community more than anything.
Um, no. I hear right wing sheep bleat this line all the time, and never have any given a shred of legitimate evidence for this asinine claim.

According to Walter Williams, true reparations means putting the aggrieved parties in as good a position as they’d be in had their ancestors never been removed from West Africa. Ie. return them to West Africa. Any proposal that does not accomplish this is not truly about reparations. Naturally, Walter Williams rightfully declined.

again, to what end? What problem are you going to solve?
Because you can’t learn from your mistakes if you won’t even discuss them. While I’ve said before I’m not okay with direct reparations a la what we did with Japanese Americans, this is more complicated than that.

Too many people like to pretend that slavery ended with the civil war and that was the end of it…leaving out the roughly 80 years where in large swaths of the country African Americans were effectively second class citizens. We still see echoes of that today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT