ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the Deep State?

no20VsX.png

And here I thought I was deep state. Thanks a lot, Nat. But then I've pretty much always been a day late and an inch or so short.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Good point by Joe Scarborough just now on Morning Joe. If the Deep State was aligned against Trump, why did they keep the investigation into his numerous deep ties to Russia a secret before the election?
Maybe didnt think they needed it. Thought Hillary had it locked up is a possible explanation.

IF there is a deep state I think it is like the bad guys in the movie Shooter.

There is no Cons or Libs, only the “haves” and the “have nots”.

It’s built on career politicians corrupted by corporations.

I think if the founding Fathers could have looked into the future term limits would have been included in constitution.

Reactions: Mattski
I don't know where "deep state" originated. I'll probably google it if no one else will. But for now I'd like to point out that the term has been around for decades, at least.

If I had to guess, I would guess it grew up (or became revitalized) around groups like the John Birch Society and the early libertarians. And tended to refer to organizations like the Trilateral Commission.

Among those warning of the deep state, it meant a behind the scenes cadre of string-pullers. Think Illuminati. Or the cigarette guy in X-files. The Rothschild pic above is in that vein.

OiT is probably our deep state expert. He can update us as to what it has become in the era of Breitbart and Alex Jones.

Is there a list of members of the Deep State anywhere?
Shouldn't Congress have hearings on the Deep State? Maybe Mitch and Chuck could have hearings where members of the Deep State could be named, and all their associates could be names. Shouldn't we find out how deep the Deep State has penetrated our government?

Those of you that don't think there are career politicians, fbi/cia/nsa higher ups and rich connected power brokers in and around DC with the ability to influence pretty much anything they choose... you're being very naive.
Most know the deep state isn't some secret society as much as it is people with oversized power and influence able to manipulate things in a variety of ways.

Reactions: CelticHawk
Which just shows that you never thought "deeper" than FOX propaganda on this issue.

Oh, come on? I have been railing against bureaucrats on this board for 15 years

Do you think Fox has been on this issue right along? There have been hundreds of examples of bureaucrats essentially writing laws and acting in a heavy handed manner over the past 10-15 years. Many have been discussed right here, but many more have been overlooked. "Deep state" is a nice catchy term and now everyone is using it including Fox, but this is not a new issue nor is it a Fox News creation.

Lois Lerner stands out because she got caught blatantly acting as a partisan. She never managed to come up with a creative and colorful explanation for her actions and no one ever attempted to put her in jail; she just took the fifth, quit her job and left town.

It appears to me that Fox, through market research, focus groups and such must have come upon a whole lot of people like me ... not the other way around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT