Who won?

• Walz

Votes: 47 25.8%
  • Vance

Votes: 87 47.8%
  • Basically a tie

Votes: 48 26.4%

• Total voters
My God, we're still on the Border Czar BS? Good grief.

original-1.jpg

FWIW, Kamala Harris was appointed as the point person for addressing the border crisis by President Joe Biden in March 2021. Who frack'n cares what the role/position is called?

Here are some exact quotes:

1. March 24, 2021:
    • President Biden: “I’ve asked the Vice President to lead our diplomatic efforts and our efforts to address the root causes of migration from Central America.”
  2. March 31, 2021:
    • President Biden: “I have asked the Vice President to lead this effort to build a coalition of countries to address the root causes of migration from Central America.”
  3. April 8, 2021:
    • President Biden: “The Vice President is going to lead this effort in terms of addressing the root causes of migration from Central America.”
  4. June 8, 2021:
    • President Biden: “The Vice President’s focus will be on diplomacy and working with countries in the region to address the issues driving people to leave their homes and come to the U.S.”
  5. July 19, 2021:
    • President Biden: “Kamala Harris is in charge of managing the diplomatic efforts to address the root causes of migration. She’s working with leaders in the region to address the economic and social issues that lead to migration.”

My God, we're still on the Border Czar BS? Good grief.

original-1.jpg

FWIW, Kamala Harris was appointed as the point person for addressing the border crisis by President Joe Biden in March 2021. Who frack'n cares what the role/position is called?

Here are some exact quotes:

1. March 24, 2021:
    • President Biden: “I’ve asked the Vice President to lead our diplomatic efforts and our efforts to address the root causes of migration from Central America.”
  2. March 31, 2021:
    • President Biden: “I have asked the Vice President to lead this effort to build a coalition of countries to address the root causes of migration from Central America.”
  3. April 8, 2021:
    • President Biden: “The Vice President is going to lead this effort in terms of addressing the root causes of migration from Central America.”
  4. June 8, 2021:
    • President Biden: “The Vice President’s focus will be on diplomacy and working with countries in the region to address the issues driving people to leave their homes and come to the U.S.”
  5. July 19, 2021:
    • President Biden: “Kamala Harris is in charge of managing the diplomatic efforts to address the root causes of migration. She’s working with leaders in the region to address the economic and social issues that lead to migration.”
Border Czar was created by the right wing to imply that all immigration issues were to be dealt with by Harris. In reality she assigned to work with Central American counties on the root cause of migration. Now I'm not sure what was accomplished by her assignment, but I do know she wasn't in charge of border crossings.

Republicans have the right to criticize the Biden/Harris administration on immigration, but do so without creating titles and assignments that don't exist.

Border Czar was created by the right wing to imply that all immigration issues were to be dealt with by Harris. In reality she assigned to work with Central American counties on the root cause of migration. Now I'm not sure what was accomplished by her assignment, but I do know she wasn't in charge of border crossings.

Republicans have the right to criticize the Biden/Harris administration on immigration, but do so without creating titles and assignments that don't exist.
That's fair...just seems to me the argument has mostly centered around semantics, rather than the actual problem.

Yeah, it couldn’t possibly have to do with it being a complex issue, and Biden attempted to work with Congress for genuine reform…
The actions Biden took in June 2024 could have been taken in Feb 2021.

Only reason he took action last June is that it was an election year and it was a major issue.

Pretty obvious...

Reactions: Rifler

And what about the left wing who recognized Kamala Harris as the border czar?

Again, the FACTS: 6 Democrats, in early August of this year, voted for the resolution that said in writing that Kamala Harris was the border czar.

The exact words in that resolution: “strongly condemning the Biden administration and its border czar, Kamala Harris’s, failure to secure the United States border....”

The actions Biden took in June 2024 could have been taken in Feb 2021.

Only reason he took action last June is that it was an election year and it was a major issue.

Pretty obvious...
Be honest. There’s no action that Biden could have taken, short of doing exactly what Trump wanted, that wouldn’t have been blasted by the right.

And if you’ll recall, there actions tried the first couple of years in office that ended up getting blocked by the courts.

I’d also argue that he also clearly placed a higher priority on getting his legislative agenda passed while he still held both houses of congress. Not saying I think that was the right move, but I think that might have been part of the reasoning.

Perhaps the great weakness - tactically speaking, of the Biden administration is that imo they haven’t been good at pivoting when plan doesn’t work out, or be able to tackle multiple major objectives at once.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT