ADVERTISEMENT

Why an AR-15?

Also, if politicians are having this discussion anywhere close to how they're being handled on here and other social media platforms, then nothing will ever change.

There needs to be a sense of empathy/sympathy to an opposing position, a willingness to listen, THEN (hopefully) and opportunity to compromise. I am sympathetic to those who oppose guns. However, that doesn't change my belief. Much like abortion, if you don't want one, don't buy one. BUT, that doesn't solve the problem, does it? Compromises need to be made to secure the safety of others which is why I'm willing to inconvenience myself for the sake of others--back ground checks, training courses, waiting periods, cumbersome safes (unless biometric), etc.
Agreed which is why I promote measures that I think are reasonable for gun owners and non. The gun advocates, however, refuse to compromise at all. And that's the problem.

So what’d you do?
I accessed the biometric safe, told my wife to call 9-1-1, ran by my daughter's rooms with a quick peek in, then down the stairs. As I turned down the stair case I audibly chambered a round and yelled something (I don't even recall what), then ran outside of a busted door.

Two armed men jumped into a black truck and sped off. I attempted to get the license plate, but failed. No shots were fired by either of us.

Regardless, the chances of this happening if you are not involved in illegal activity are slim to none. Certainly not frequently enough to warrant keeping loaded firearms easily accessible throughout the house.
But no one has the right to decide how I choose to protect my home and family; guns, bats, fists, etc. That is my right, but I agree my above situation is a rare occurrence, but it only takes once.

Oh, when I was stationed in Alaska, a young kid broke into my Jeep (and a dozen other vehicles) behind our apartment and was armed. I successfully chased that guy down (I was unarmed and in my 20s) and the police arrived just as I caught him. I was lucky my dumb ass wasn't shot.

Same with concealed weapons. For most people, the chances are you are never going to be in a place where you need a weapon, or can get to it quickly enough if you do. So you spend all that hassle carrying your piece to the grocery store for that 1 in a million(s) chance you are in some sort of threat situation where having a weapon is worth the hassle and danger.

It’s like planning your entire life around getting stuck by lightning or attacked by murder hornets.
I have a concealed carry license, but I almost never carry if at all. If I'm planning a long road trip through the middle of nowhere, I'll put it in my center console or if I have to be in a dangerous part of town, but that is rare. My normal modus operandi is to just live life. I guess I'm not a "gun nut", but simply a gun owner.

Last edited:
Answer the questions
JFC - you need to go to a dictionary and look up the term outlier apparently. It has nothing to do with lying. Whether they are lying or not it is still an outlier. It has everything to do with being common, which it is not despite what your right wing propaganda tells you.

You're making a fool of yourself even more than usual here.

JFC - you need to go to a dictionary and look up the term outlier apparently. It has nothing to do with lying. Whether they are lying or not it is still an outlier. It has everything to do with being common, which it is not despite what your right wing propaganda tells you.

You're making a fool of yourself even more than usual here.
Im not sure whether to laugh at or pity someone who constantly denigrates others' intelligence levels, when they, themselves, dont understand the most elementary components of the topic and can't comprehend the most straightforward questions. Its funny, the more the conversation sails over your head, the more aggressive and insulting you get. So ill ask again: Or are we to put them in a bucket of "outlier" at the utterance of such a phrase? And if so, at what point do the "outliers" become a "group"?

Im not sure whether to laugh at or pity someone who constantly denigrates others' intelligence levels, when they, themselves, dont understand the most elementary components of the topic and can't comprehend the most straightforward questions. Its funny, the more the conversation sails over your head, the more aggressive and insulting you get. So ill ask again: Or are we to put them in a bucket of "outlier" at the utterance of such a phrase? And if so, at what point do the "outliers" become a "group"?
You're too stupid to even realize you questions don't make any sense. We put them in the outlier bucket if it's an outlier. If it's common, we don't. It's self explanatory to all but you, apparently.

You try real hard to sound intelligent and clever but it has never worked for you.

Do you advocate for more gun control laws such as red flag, background checks for all sales, registration of firearms and a requirement for gun owners to secure their weapon at all times? This was the discussion before you chimed in with your nonsense.

I accessed the biometric safe, told my wife to call 9-11, ran by my daughter's rooms with a quick peek in then down the stairs. As I turned down the stair case I audibly chambered a round and yelled something (I don't even recall what), then ran outside of a busted door.

Two armed men jumped into a black truck and sped off. I attempted to get the license plate, but failed. No shots were fired by either of us.

But no one has the right to decide how I choose to protect my home and family; guns, bats, fists, etc. That is my right, but I agree my above situation is a rare occurrence, but it only takes once.

Oh, when I was stationed in Alaska, a young kid broke into my Jeep (and a dozen other vehicles) behind our apartment and was armed. I successfully chased that guy down (I was unarmed and in my 20s) and the police arrived just as I caught him. I was lucky my dumb ass wasn't shot.

I have a concealed carry license, but I almost never carry if at all. If I'm planning a long road trip through the middle of nowhere, I'll put it in my center console or if I have to be in a dangerous part of town, but that is rare. My normal modus operandi is to just live life. I guess I'm not a "gun nut", but simply a gun owner.
So you are the only one that has answered my original question w/a yes, you have been broken into and had to pull out a gun. And luckily you did not have to use it. I keep hearing from so many on here about protecting your family and such but nobody else has come out w/any kind of experience of dealing w/it. And I think there's a lot of people over 55 on this board. Yes, it only takes once but in general the original questions was why an AR? I think for most of you it still goes back to it's "fun to shoot." Signing off. Alaska is the only 1 on here I trust to tell the truth. And man dude you have some crazy stories!

You're too stupid to even realize you questions don't make any sense. We put them in the outlier bucket if it's an outlier. If it's common, we don't. It's self explanatory to all but you, apparently.

You try real hard to sound intelligent and clever but it has never worked for you.

Do you advocate for more gun control laws such as red flag, background checks for all sales, registration of firearms and a requirement for gun owners to secure their weapon at all times? This was the discussion before you chimed in with your nonsense.
At what point, according to the book of riley, do we cross the threshold from "outlier" to "common"? Are those the only two buckets you work in?

No, it takes next to no effort to poke holes in your positions and spotlight your lack of understanding on the topic.

No red flag, no elimination of private sales, obviously no registration, and no law requiring safes. Clear enough?

Agreed which is why I promote measures that I think are reasonable for gun owners and non. The gun advocates, however, refuse to compromise at all. And that's the problem.
They are fearmongers.

They think gun reform is the first step in losing the 2A.

The gun manufacturers and the NRA have brainwashed them.

It's why they've become radicalized.

Libs: “Lol at these rednecks! Even with 400 million guns and 25 million AR style weapons they’re no match for the US military with their jets and tanks and nuclear bombs.”

Also libs: “If not for the heroic actions of a couple dozen Capitol Hill police these hundreds of protestors, armed with mace and knitting needles and cable ties, would have overthrown the government!”

At what point, according to the book of riley, do we cross the threshold from "outlier" to "common"? Are those the only two buckets you work in?

No, it takes next to no effort to poke holes in your positions and spotlight your lack of understanding on the topic.

No red flag, no elimination of private sales, obviously no registration, and no law requiring safes. Clear enough?
You and your ilk are the reason we can't get any reasonable gun control laws passed. It's insanity based on ignorance.

You're literally too stupid to insult any longer.

robin-hood.gif

Libs: “Lol at these rednecks! Even with 400 million guns and 25 million AR style weapons they’re no match for the US military with their jets and tanks and nuclear bombs.”

Also libs: “If not for the heroic actions of a couple dozen Capitol Hill police these hundreds of protestors, armed with mace and knitting needles and cable ties, would have overthrown the government!”
What you seem to be missing is there are rumblings that the insurrectionists may have compromised the Secret Service with these missing texts.

Watch the hearings tonite.

There will be previously untold revelations revealed, imo.

That’s what you saw you dipshit?

You and your ilk are the reason we can't get any reasonable gun control laws passed. It's insanity based on ignorance.

You're literally too stupid to insult any longer.
Again, the more clueless you are, the more aggressive and insulting you become. The fact you can't answer the most basic question, hell, it's actually just asking for your opinion, speaks volumes.
Forget having an intelligent conversation with you, we can't even have a 2nd grade level conversation with people like yourself.

Reactions: millerhawk
Again, the more clueless you are, the more aggressive and insulting you become. The fact you can't answer the most basic question, hell, it's actually just asking for your opinion, speaks volumes.
Forget having an intelligent conversation with you, we can't even have a 2nd grade level conversation with people like yourself.
They've been answered. You're simply too dumb to understand it.

You can't think of a reason because you know relatively zero about the platform.

I like the versatility of the platform. I can swap the uppers and optics depending on what type of shooting I'm doing.

If I'm deer hunting I use an upper in .450 bushmaster, if I'm varmint hunting I can use .223 and if I'm target shooting I can use 6.8 SPC. All of this while using the same lower unit. It is basically 3 guns in one.

The uppers are easily stored and are basically harmless without the lower unit. Just lake any other weapon, it's only dangerous if handled by someone intending to do harm.
For centuries, lesser weapons were used. If a kid stole your weapon, they could create havoc.

More fractiousness.
So dumb and unaware. Your questions were addressed as being stupid and answered. But you're such a dumb shit you don't even get why the questions are moronic.

Something doesn't cross from being an outlier to a group, dumbass. Two people or thousands can make a group and still be an outlier. JFC you're a waste of time.

So dumb and unaware. Your questions were addressed as being stupid and answered. But you're such a dumb shit you don't even get why the questions are moronic.

Something doesn't cross from being an outlier to a group, dumbass. Two people or thousands can make a group and still be an outlier. JFC you're a waste of time.
If you read, I clearly stated "common" in the last question to use your terminology since you've taken umbrage to "group".

But keep up the juvenile insults instead of addressing the point. Really proves you're well out of your element.

If you read, I clearly stated "common" in the last question to use your terminology since you've taken umbrage to "group".

But keep up the juvenile insults instead of addressing the point. Really proves you're well out of your element.
I hadn't taken any "umbrage" (nor did I in my last comment - another fail on your part) when you asked your last version of the dumb question. I gave you "common" in my answer that apparently you still don't understand.

You're over your head. Again.

Have guns and I'm pro gun.

Red flag laws? Sure, let's do it.
Background checks? Sure, let's do it. I have nothing to hide.
Gun security? Once again, sure.
Registration? Need to think about that. I don't need the government knocking on my door trying to take something away from me.
Yes because they've done that when?

I’m glad that so many people in this country worship guns more than people. Now we have to worry if we are driving with our family and we inadvertently get a little bit of windshield washer droplets on someone else’s car.

gun advocates would say that the father who got shot and killed would have done better to have a gun and exchange fire, thus provoking even more bullets fired at his family, no doubt.

maybe if the father who got killed had enough forethought to have an A.R. 15 on a gun rack in the back of his sedan, maybe one of his little kids could have pulled it off the gun rack and lit up the other car in response, which certainly would’ve been safe for everyone else on the road.

I could go on about the insanity, but I’ll just let Fox News describe the situation

I hadn't taken any "umbrage" (nor did I in my last comment - another fail on your part) when you asked your last version of the dumb question. I gave you "common" in my answer that apparently you still don't understand.

You're over your head. Again.
Let's try dumbing this down as simple as possible (although I'm sure youll have more deflection): quantify "common" in this context as you see it.

You really think I'd be shot knocking on someone's door, or is that just your weird fantasy/paranoia fueled mind at work there? Your mindset is not normal, no matter how much you tell yourself that it is. See post #205, it explains why you are thinking in such a way. It's toxic, but you seem to enjoy it I guess.
You will not be shot, but you will never make it to the door. And I can assure you there will be a loaded gun pointed in your direction. Most likely you will never get out of you car. What you see as abnormal is actually the way of life in rural areas. People have to rely on self protection. We have whole towns that can not get a law enforcement response at night.

This isn't the movies John Wick. It cracks me up the number of people who are so scared that they've got their handgun by the bed and AR a "minute away." I'm 60 years old and don't know 1 person in my entire life that has had their home broken into in the middle of the night (or day for that matter when they're home) who has had the opportunity to get their AR or handgun out and shoot and kill them. And if someone actually came for some of you badasses I'm guessing you'd probably have already pissed yourselves.
2.5 million burglaries per year in the US. 66% involve a home break-in. I don’t own a single firearm, but I do understand the reason people protect their homes with one.

Let's try dumbing this down as simple as possible (although I'm sure youll have more deflection): quantify "common" in this context as you see it.
Lol - dumbing down for you is the only way it can occur. In this case I'll say common is more than 1/3. Hoping I won't have to further educate you on this as well.

Why don't you believe gun owners should be required to secure their guns? Why don't you believe red flag laws should be enacted? Why don't you believe in gun registration? Why aren't you in favor of background checks for all gun purchases?

I don't expect coherent answers but it's always fun to watch you scramble.

2.5 million burglaries per year in the US. 66% involve a home break-in. I don’t own a single firearm, but I do understand the reason people protect their homes with one.
Most of which are while no one is home and few involve weapons.

Reactions: littlez
When someone kicks your door in at 1am in a 2 story house and you're upstairs asleep, I guess I could have called 9-11 and waited 30 min.

And for the record, I didn't have confidence, I was scared shitless. Guns don't make a person brave.

They are a tool for a variety of purposes (I already listed above) and defense is one of them.

This . . . I don't have guns because I think I'm a badass. . . I have them because I know I'm not.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Lol - dumbing down for you is the only way it can occur. In this case I'll say common is more than 1/3. Hoping I won't have to further educate you on this as well.

Why don't you believe gun owners should be required to secure their guns? Why don't you believe red flag laws should be enacted? Why don't you believe in gun registration? Why aren't you in favor of background checks for all gun purchases?

I don't expect coherent answers but it's always fun to watch you scramble.
By definition an outlier is 1.5xIQR above the third quartile or below the first quartile, but I did ask for your interpretation of it, so I cant be mad (or surprised) its superficial.

• In my possession (and 'possession' is my property) is secured, and anything above that is the responsibility of the owner, not lawmakers.
  • Violation of due process
  • Confiscation cannot happen w/o a registry
  • "universal bgc" is a defacto registry
  • And, most importantly, none of these would have any meaningful effect in terms of reducing violent crimes.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
By definition an outlier is 1.5xIQR above the third quartile or below the first quartile, but I did ask for your interpretation of it, so I cant be mad (or surprised) its superficial.

• In my possession (and 'possession' is my property) is secured, and anything above that is the responsibility of the owner, not lawmakers.
  • Violation of due process
  • Confiscation cannot happen w/o a registry
  • "universal bgc" is a defacto registry
  • And, most importantly, none of these would have any meaningful effect in terms of reducing violent crimes.
Lol - that's A definition (maybe) but not THE definition. There are others. Not surprised this fact eludes you.

A foolish and paranoid gun lover - just what this country needs more of. :rolleyes:

How do you get away with not registering your vehicles? What "due process" do red flag laws violate?

Most of which are while no one is home and few involve weapons.
I get it if you live in a crime infested area. I've fortunately never had to live in one so don't know what I'd do if I did. Guessing we have quite a few rural people on here, some CR and Des Moines people I know and then of course many of our Florida peeps. For some reason quite a few of the rural people seem to be the most scared, guys like @Gimmered who is ready to shoot people the minute they pull up to his driveway. Again, if I lived in Des Moines, CR, any suburb I really don't fear people just randomly breaking my door down in the middle of the night. And you also hear very few stories about people getting their guns and shooting the intruder dead. Yes, it happens. It also happens very very rarely. What am I missing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT