ADVERTISEMENT

Why did people "back in the day" look so darn old!?

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
I'll be 50 next month, but Jean Stapleton and Carroll O'Connor were 44 and 48 (respectively) when All In The Family kicked off. They look like their in their early 60s!

MV5BZTRiZjNkZWUtM2IwNC00Y2Y2LTg0ODUtYThkOGIzM2FkZmRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Look at this 1970s group of High School Kids. Good grief!

maZYvgL.png

I'll be 50 next month, but Jean Stapleton and Carroll O'Connor were 44 and 48 (respectively) when All In The Family kicked off. They look like their in their early 60s!

MV5BZTRiZjNkZWUtM2IwNC00Y2Y2LTg0ODUtYThkOGIzM2FkZmRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg
Uh, that's something called 'makeup', and they tend to use it a lot on TV.

Relatedly, one of my more hilarious bus commutes a couple of years ago involved sitting behind two 16 year old boys, and one of them invoking the phrase "back in the day" even though he was not even born back in the day.

Life was harder back then. Father's worked hard to put food on the table and mother's took care of the home. People mostly lived within their means and didn't expect the government to take care of them.

Nothing after your 1st sentence has anything to do with why people looked so old then.

And your last sentence is complete BS. My mom and dad both survived childhood because of gov't assistance.

I can only attribute it to advances in technology and healthcare. Because you’re right, people are aging better today than previous generations. Not to toot my own horn, but I’m 40 and could easily pass for 30.
let us be the judge of that.

george-s-patton-1100x733.jpg
General Patton was only 57 while commanding in Africa. Guys looked like he was in his 70’s. Here is a picture when he was still a 3 Star General.

• Wow
Reactions: alaskanseminole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT