ADVERTISEMENT

Why do Republicans deny climate change?

I am waiting on the "Kill the messenger" post that are coming....

its-obvious-look-this-is-everything-our-fault-is-melting-7740626.png

Of course "climate change" is real. The climate always warms up, cools down, and in between. The progressive left uses the term climate change to push their ideology now because "global warming" is not real and fake.

Reactions: Guck-a-Fator
The videos get to the main issue.

I am a skeptic because no one ever explains this issue in a scientific framework. They always fall back to the "Here is a guy who is brighter than you are, and he says it is real." On Wall Street, we referred to this dynamic as relying on an "Expert from afar." You found some glib guy in your banking department and sent him on a dog-and-pony tour out to the other coast and to the heartland, where he posed as an expert on some investment idea or political issue. He was from the home office in New York, so everybody willingly looked past his inability to go off script.

Meredith Wilson's "The Music Man" was a flimflam man of this ilk. Elon Musk is a cheap hustler of the first order as well. These types abound in our society

However, the flimflamiest of all the cheap hustlers afoot in the nation these days are the climate change hustlers. They all talk about anything but the science and pose in an astonished wonderment at how stupid the skeptics can be.

I am a skeptic because no one ever explains this issue in a scientific framework. They always fall back to the "Here is a guy who is brighter than you are, and he says it is real." On Wall Street, we referred to this dynamic as relying on an "Expert from afar." You found some glib guy in your banking department and sent him on a dog-and-pony tour out to the other coast and to the heartland, where he posed as an expert on some investment idea or political issue. He was from the home office in New York, so everybody willingly looked past his inability to go off script.

Meredith Wilson's "The Music Man" was a flimflam man of this ilk. Elon Musk is a cheap hustler of the first order as well. These types abound in our society

However, the flimflamiest of all the cheap hustlers afoot in the nation these days are the climate change hustlers. They all talk about anything but the science and pose in an astonished wonderment at how stupid the skeptics can be.
Oh jesus, that just means you're lazy and refuse to learn. There are literally thousands of scientific explanations available to everyone with the internet. I no longer believe in you. You are a bot.

The liberals hurt themselves when they offered the solution to GW. Carbon Tax. It highlighted that politicians wanted to use it for additional tax dollars. It is a govt power grab.

Because they can't believe in data that illustrates the issue when it relies on data points that go back further than 6000 years. Another issue they have in common with the Taliban.

Reactions: PCBHAWK and Tunadog
Because they are unbelievers.

For after seven more days, I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights; and I will blot out from the face of the land every living thing that I have made."King James Bible"

Now that's climate change.

LOL...you serious, Clark?

No...no, you're not. If you were serious, you wouldn't have posted something this transparently stupid.

Earth's climate has been in a constant state of change for 4.5 billion years. The only thing I'm skeptical about is whether humans possess the power to regulate Earth's climate into staying exactly as it is now.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Pass a law that says we import nothing unless the factory of origin passes a united states inspection for environmental and working conditions.

Do that and I am game for all the laws you want to pass.

I am a skeptic because no one ever explains this issue in a scientific framework.
What nonsense. Take a course. Read a book. Plenty of people have explained this in readily accessible ways. Try paying some attention to the facts, not the denier spiels.

I saw a Houston meteorologist being interviewed on France24 today. He was a climate change denier. Pushing several favorite denier lies. Like the one that claims that global warming has stopped in the last decade. And the one that says scientists are now attributing it to the sun, not human activity.

What an embarrassment. But it isn't merely an embarrassment - it's a fatally dangerous position to hold.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Pass a law that says we import nothing unless the factory of origin passes a united states inspection for environmental and working conditions.

Do that and I am game for all the laws you want to pass.

Unfortunately, this is where things are going to be headed, only China will be the driving force, and will utilize WTO rules to enforce. Items made using carbon-based/fossil fuel energy will be taxed, though. Items made using renewables and carbon-free or carbon-neutral processes and energy will incur no tariff.

With the USA falling behind over the next 4 years, while China, Germany and others sprint ahead, our economy may never recover from it.

That's what is coming (and there are signs everywhere it is happening now, including major automakers who will no longer even produce Plain Jane internal combustion engines). It's unlikely this will affect me, but the next generation or two will bear the brunt of it.

But this is what will happen when you leave international agreements behind and lose your position as a world leader - someone else (China) will step in and take your place. Like it or not. And before most Trumpanzees and their kids know it, they'll be the ones taking the biggest hit.

And the one that says scientists are now attributing it to the sun, not human activity.

What an embarrassment. But it isn't merely an embarrassment - it's a fatally dangerous position to hold.

...but when we post the graph showing solar output of the past 70+ years DECLINING, while global temperatures are SOARING, it's mostly ignored. Claiming "I don't know the science" but then looking away when someone smacks you upside the head with it is what makes you a "Denier", not a "Skeptic".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT