ADVERTISEMENT

Why do Republicans deny climate change?

I've been trying to point out that people who are Republican or conservative are not going to budge simply because it has been politicized.

They aren't going to change at all. Ever. They may slowly concede the point (like gay marriage for example) but they will never be in support of it.

I'm still not sure who you're trying to persuade. People who are still unsure about it and don't align with any party?

I'm not trying to persuade anyone. I'm trying to explain to you what Natty is saying and what the truth is. You aren't wanting to see it or can't see it. You seem pretty smart so I lean towards you not wanting to see it.

Reactions: Raglefant
They aren't going to change at all. Ever. They may slowly concede the point (like gay marriage for example) but they will never be in support of it.

I'm not trying to persuade anyone. I'm trying to explain to you what Natty is saying and what the truth is. You aren't wanting to see it or can't see it. You seem pretty smart so I lean towards you not wanting to see it.
I think it's possible that we're totally off-track. I know I am!

I already agree with the climate change urgency. I'm not voting Republican unless it is some very extenuating circumstance. The only R vote I ever cast was for Ron Paul during his presidential candidacies, but I never voted R in any presidential election. And, I can't recall ever having voted for a Republican senator or Congressman.

Reactions: unIowa
Here's a hint - nobody knows. But by all means, continue your freak out over a microscopic sample size of hurricane frequency.

The thing is, there's this fancy invention called a "computer". And these "computers" can run these things called "models" and they are pretty darn good at predicting outcomes based on running the models thousands and thousands of times. I know, I know. Since you don't understand the information the model is based on it can't possibly be accurate, right?

I've been trying to point out that people who are Republican or conservative are not going to budge simply because it has been politicized.

I'm still not sure who you're trying to persuade. People who are still unsure about it and don't align with any party?

What we have been doing is showing how Nat has awful strategy and tactics to get people to his way of thinking.

It doesn't matter what the message is if the method is bad in delivering it.

Reactions: strummingram
What we have been doing is showing how Nat has awful strategy and tactics to get people to his way of thinking.

It doesn't matter what the message is if the method is bad in delivering it.
What we've learned is unIowa is a snowflake who is easily manipulated. You are willfully doing the wrong thing because the messenger you've chosen to fixate on is mean and you have assumed is not doing enough personally to fight global warming (which you actually have no idea). It is the epitome of irrationality.

What we've learned is unIowa is a snowflake who is easily manipulated. You are willfully doing the wrong thing because the messenger you've chosen to fixate on is mean and you have assumed is not doing enough personally to fight global warming (which you actually have no idea). It is the epitome of irrationality.

Do you want to be right or do you want to win?

When it comes to climate change, doing whatever is necessary to help is both winning and right. That means both personal green initiatives AND voting D.

Ok so the democrats lost bc of poor salesmanship, messaging, and bc the people they need to get on their side they are constantly berating. Beating them up even more isn't going to bring them over as I and @strummingram have been saying, repeatedly, you can't win these things by calling the people you need names and constantly beating them up with words...IT WILL NOT WORK IT HAS NEVER WORKED.

People don't want to be berated, they want to be lead. Having someone that has made personal sacrifices in these important areas are the people they will most likely follow bc people follow leaders who lead by example and not just rhetoric.

Or just go on calling people names and burning bridges bc that is easier and makes the stone throwers feel good for a bit...however this tactic is only making you more and more like the people you hate.

Reactions: strummingram
Trump did.

You continue to demonstrate that you don't actually understand what you are talking about.

These people felt Trump wrapped his arms around them (regardless if he did or not) and they felt the Democrat part was stiff-arming and making fun of them. You want more Trump keep selling the way you are selling.

I don't think you understand, at all, how people buy.

These people felt Trump wrapped his arms around them (regardless if he did or not) and they felt the Democrat part was stiff-arming and making fun of them. You want more Trump keep selling the way you are selling.

I don't think you understand, at all, how people buy.

You keep saying people don't win by berating others. That is exactly how Trump won. Trump won the election, correct?

So, wouldn't it make sense for dems to do exactly what Trump did to win?

You constantly contradict your own logic more than any other poster on this site. It's confusing me why you do that because you seem like a smart dude.

Ok so the democrats lost bc of poor salesmanship, messaging, and bc the people they need to get on their side they are constantly berating. Beating them up even more isn't going to bring them over as I and @strummingram have been saying, repeatedly, you can't win these things by calling the people you need names and constantly beating them up with words...IT WILL NOT WORK IT HAS NEVER WORKED.

People don't want to be berated, they want to be lead. Having someone that has made personal sacrifices in these important areas are the people they will most likely follow bc people follow leaders who lead by example and not just rhetoric.

Or just go on calling people names and burning bridges bc that is easier and makes the stone throwers feel good for a bit...however this tactic is only making you more and more like the people you hate.

There are many many more Democrats walking the walk when it comes to environmentalism. I suspect that if Al Gore and Natural practiced absolutely perfect environmentalism, you would find and fixate on another hypocrite to make yourself feel better about failing the environment by neglecting the single most impactful thing you could do.

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt, but it's bizarre watching you justify your personal behaviors like this. Nobody is saying the Dems didn't F up, I see your position contorting with every new post, but no matter what you say next, the fact is that you personally failed the environment, and you did it willfully.

Reactions: naturalmwa
You keep saying people don't win by berating others. That is exactly how Trump won. Trump won the election, correct?

You constantly contradict your own logic more than any other poster on this site. It's confusing me why you do that because you seem like a smart dude.
Come on, man. Do you really think it is going to finally make the people who are already skeptical about global warming change their minds in the slightest by continuing to call them stupid?

Come on, man. Do you really think it is going to finally make the people who are already skeptical about global warming change their minds in the slightest by continuing to call them stupid?

Where did I call anyone stupid? I even said earlier where I thought you were an intelligent poster. Stop making stuff up.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I like where this thread is heading...

giphy.gif

Trump didn't win by berating the people that he viewed as his constituency. Sure, he berated folks along the way...but not those, in the main, that carried him to victory.

Trump didn't win by berating the people that he viewed as his constituency. Sure, he berated folks along the way...but not those, in the main, that carried him to victory.
Duh. Of course not. That's not what we are talking about. unIowa suggested that you can't win by berating the other side and those in the middle. That's exactly what Trump did. And he won.

If you can't even understand the conversation, don't chime in good sir.

Where did I call anyone stupid? I even said earlier where I thought you were an intelligent poster. Stop making stuff up.
I'm not accusing you of it. I'm saying, in general. And, if those who are skeptical are still able to be convinced, then we need to take the best strategy possible to get them on-board.

On a side not; If people who claim to be on-board are not doing what they can on an individual basis (at home, reducing their footprint) then they're not fully on-board as they claim to be. This is a serious situation that will require all of our strengths to correct.

And, if those who are skeptical are still able to be convinced, then we need to take the best strategy possible to get them on-board.

I'm not trying to persuade people who aren't believers because they probably never will be. Just like gay marriage, some people just won't accept it.

What I am trying tell you and others is that by voting independent (a completely acceptable and reasonable thing to do if you believe in the candidate) you need to realize that you're voting for a candidate that will not make office and thus not change the outcome on this particular issue. Do you understand that?

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

It seems obvious that climate change is real.

Why do Republicans deny it?
149415-004-3FCD1F93.jpg

How did the midevil warming period get so hot without autos, the human population we have today, coal burners, carbon footprints, etc...

I would say the most doubt behind it is, as eluded to earlier, Al Gore. If it does exist, then why do all the believers still reside on the coasts (where it is presumed to have the worst effects)?

They won't admit it, they can't admit it bc once they do they will see what really brought us Trump.

Reactions: BrianNole09
They won't admit it, they can't admit it bc once they do they will see what really brought us Trump.

I love how you avoid my questions because you know you can't answer them and they contradict your position.

Trump won the election. Shouldn't dems do exactly what Trump did if they want to win?

I look for the causes of the outcomes further back than most.

Many hear don't seem to want to ask themselves how we got to a position where people would vote for Trump? I mean Obama was popular AF yet his legacy is being wiped out by Trumpnado. So what were the factors that lead people to put their middle finger up to the Dem party and turn their back on it.

I don't blame people for how they vote (that like a team who lost blaming the refs...it is loser talk) but rather I look at the salesman and what came before them to come up with why someone lost and another person won.

I do believe the name calling, berating and rush to identity politics caused Hillary to lose. It is just such a huge turnoff to a wide group of people. We like to think we buy logically but we don't, logic gets us to the table, emotion gets us to sign on the dotted line.

So if you want more Trump don't stop your fellow democrats from pushing their finger in others chest, it is only turning people off. Trump is hanging himself but democrats keep throwing him lifelines with their tactics.

149415-004-3FCD1F93.jpg

How did the midevil warming period get so hot without autos, the human population we have today, coal burners, carbon footprints, etc...

I would say the most doubt behind it is, as eluded to earlier, Al Gore. If it does exist, then why do all the believers still reside on the coasts (where it is presumed to have the worst effects)?
What did you learn when you googled your question?

I look for the causes of the outcomes further back than most.

Many hear don't seem to want to ask themselves how we got to a position where people would vote for Trump? I mean Obama was popular AF yet his legacy is being wiped out by Trumpnado. So what were the factors that lead people to put their middle finger up to the Dem party and turn their back on it.

I don't blame people for how they vote (that like a team who lost blaming the refs...it is loser talk) but rather I look at the salesman and what came before them to come up with why someone lost and another person won.

How about this? Why did Trump win the R primary? That had nothing to do with dems. Nothing. He beat 13 other candidates and imo, most of them would have been much better.

What's your answer there? Can't blame dems on that one.

149415-004-3FCD1F93.jpg

You do realize this medieval warm period is only for Central England, do you not? It can't possibly be this hard to interpret a simple line graph.

That the climate believers are skeptical of this... SHOCKING!

Why don't you answer the second part of my earlier response?
Climate believers aren't skeptical of the midevil warming. Keep researching.

Your 2nd point should stand as testament to your deductive skills. Put it in your signature.

I'm not trying to persuade people who aren't believers because they probably never will be. Just like gay marriage, some people just won't accept it.

What I am trying tell you and others is that by voting independent (a completely acceptable and reasonable thing to do if you believe in the candidate) you need to realize that you're voting for a candidate that will not make office and thus not change the outcome on this particular issue. Do you understand that?
I understand that. But, I still believe that this will require persuasion of more than just Democrats to accomplish the desired outcome. And, to minimize the enemies and lessen their resolve to dispute the science at every turn. Most people don't understand the science, but they will understand being extinct.

How about this? Why did Trump win the R primary? That had nothing to do with dems. Nothing. He beat 13 other candidates and imo, most of them would have been much better.

What's your answer there? Can't blame dems on that one.

Because most of the other candidates were like Hillary, career politicians that were better at pointing fingers at everyone else and taking no responsibility for outcomes on themselves. Trump enters the arena and is given a pass here bc he hasn't been in govt and starts spouting off at other who have been in govt...essentially saying what many people have been thinking to themselves (that they are the victims of bad govt practice).

Then Hillary comes along and gets wrapped up in Trumpnado and instead of her offering plans to make govt more inclusive and beneficial to everyone she gets stuck on identity politics and Trump talking about grabbing pussy. Those things don't put food on the table and thus the people don't see how govt actions would get better under Hillary. They give Trump a listen, don't really like him all that much BUT they then feel as if they are being attacked for giving him a listen and the dems and Hillary lose.

It was then a perfect storm of how to not when an election when you add in email-gate.

I understand that. But, I still believe that this will require persuasion of more than just Democrats to accomplish the desired outcome. And, to minimize the enemies and lessen their resolve to dispute the science at every turn. Most people don't understand the science, but they will understand being extinct.

People also understand leadership and personal sacrifice. It seems that democrats are just overlooking this stuff. Yeah I get that Trump doesn't have it either but the party in power lost it all together when Obama left and instead of someone stepping up and leading they stood up and pointed fingers and started calling names and the whole party and its followers did the same.

It is just such a turn-off. People's perception ends up becoming their realities, democrats didn't get that in 2016 and sadly I still don't think they get it today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT