ADVERTISEMENT

Why McCaffery brothers left Iowa

Raveling setup Dr. Tom...Raveling was underrated for what he created roster wise before he left.

I agree Olson/Miller were top tier coaches and well above average. Dr. Tom did reach Sweet16 on his own, which Fran has never done. I would say Dr. Tom should have made the Final-4 with the talent he had with Raveling's players.

Fran has a record that is a little bit above average...I would guess his overall B1G record after you factor in losing record in BTT is a winning percentage of 52% or so of his Big10 games. I view Big10 winning percentage as the key metric---it is vs his peers. I don't see Fran's record is a problem. It his his lack of NCAA success and never really competing for B1G titles. . It doesn't seem like his teams are capable of making a run in NCAA play because defense is not part of what Fran believes in.

I do feel Fran is setting up the table to be coach at Butler. Matta must be planning on retiring in 2 years. We know Fran grooves on playing his boys and not being able to control the PT for Jack has to be bothering him.. The paycut he will take doesn't matter a lot because Iowa has made him very wealthy.
Any move by Fran to Butler would be a
I implied it didn’t help. People questioning your role on the team due to nepotism. Certainly wouldn’t be a positive to your situation. Also fighting against Cancer at an early age. Dealing with uncertain health issues surrounding that. It would all contribute to being overwhelmed.
Probably insensitive, but was that really an excuse for only participating in part of the game when he was on the court?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT