ADVERTISEMENT

Will CMac ever score again?

So serious question. If Toussaint is hopefully the pt guard we have been waiting for, what does this do to Connor? Dude plays super hard but when the other team is not even guarding you from 15 feet as a guard there’s a problem. Does he continue to be a backup guy and get15-20 minutes?

Good question. I think the answers hinge on Fran's recruiting. He has to put Cook, Wieskamp etc., level talent around Connor so guys like Frederick and Nunge need to be players not projects like we have seen with too many guys to mention. If Connor is on the floor with 1-2 other guys who don't merit defensive respect there is going to be a problem.

Joe and Connor have really helped solidify the defense which, in my opinion, is way more important than what he offers on the other end of the floor.

We usually have enough scoring threats on the floor...

Yep. Connor giving the team 2 things that were lacking overall last season, defense and —not unrelated — toughness. Pemsl always gave the team a spark with his don’t take any crap from anyone attitude, and McC has that as well.

Jay Bilas said something while calling a game that sums it up perfectly. To paraphrase, he said there’s a difference between being ready to play and being ready for a fight.

Iowa doesn’t have a roster loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits. It’s critical that they be ready for a fight if they are going to compete with the upper echelon of the B1G.

Reactions: hawki1968
Here’s how different I feel about this than most on this thread: I hope Toussaint redshirts!

You don’t build winning programs at Iowa handing the keys over to 3-star freshman; he is going to need time to hone his game, and I just don’t see how he plays a lot with a proven senior and red shirt sophomore ahead of him. All of our guards return and CJ is added.

Get old and stay old if you are Iowa! Go Hawks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT