ADVERTISEMENT

Will Nebby ever win a Big 10 fball championship in your lifetime.

Really? 2-3 weeks ago I responded to two Iowa posts on your board by your fans about Iowa. So you can act like Nebby doesn't care, but you do. Just be thankful it's football season because quite frankly you've been owned in every other mens sport by Iowa the last few years.
Yeah, right, Nebraska really has a lot to discuss about Iowa. Check out how many of those threads are started by Iowa posters.

You are exactly what we expected. We figured you'd snag a win 1 out of every 4 games. You are right on track. And all that while we were in a perpetual slump with a madman at the helm.

Congratulations on your success in other men's sports. Whenever I travel to other areas of the U.S. and tell people I live in Iowa, the first thing that comes out of their mouth is the respect they have for the "university of Iowa's various other men's sports besides football" success. America discusses all kind of other sports besides that afterthought of college football.

Personally, I'm very glad to hear of your other successes. Just means Barta will continue to be employed. Carry on....

2011 #22 Nebraska 20 Iowa 7
2012 #17 Nebraska 13 Iowa 7
2013 Iowa 38 Nebraska 17
2014 Nebraska 37 Iowa 34

All that really matters.

I'm 41 and say yes. If they win the West 3 out of 10 years that would be 10-12 championship games and I think they probably win one of them. I expect Iowa to also. Like an earlier poster said, things go in cycles and OSU, PSU and Michigan have all been mediocre or just plain bad in the past and will be again. Urban Meyer won't be coaching OSU in 15 years let alone 40.

I'm 41 and say yes. If they win the West 3 out of 10 years that would be 10-12 championship games and I think they probably win one of them. I expect Iowa to also. Like an earlier poster said, things go in cycles and OSU, PSU and Michigan have all been mediocre or just plain bad in the past and will be again. Urban Meyer won't be coaching OSU in 15 years let alone 40.
10 years ago there was no way any other team except for USC, Oklahoma, Florida, and Virginia Tech could win their conferences. USC and OU were dead in the 90s, never to return. in the 2000s, Alabama was told they should give up because there was only room for one college football power in the state.

It's amazing how much college football stays the same. :rolleyes:

Well considering my original statement went right over your head I'll explain it to you again. Guy is bragging about the past because that's is good as it was for him which is fine and all but no one in the bar gives a rats @ss anymore what he did. Point and case no one gives a flying crap about Nebraska football history here.
As long as you guys keep giving us attention on your board, we'll keep talking. Sorry we don't discuss you on our board. You are as exciting as all the other B1G teams that start with an "I". Thank you for your interest, though. Carry on....

That's because your mods delete other teams threads and ban other non Nebraska fans for any critical comment (something where you almost wish now they'd do here). But I also love how Iowa doesn't matter and yet so many of the same husker dbags post here as much as some Iowa fans and regurgitate same old bs and yet think think they are so witty and funny. Newsflash no here here gives a crap about your program's history.

Nebraska hasn't been to a BCS bowl since 2002 in which they got creamed. It is idiotic of anyone to try and argue Iowa's program success to Nebraskas as a whole. However, it is pretty pathetic how you guys really do live off your glory days. You were really, really good back in the day. Nice. Don't dog on our current program until you have some real success this century. 1997 was a long, long time ago. You will never be our "daddy", if you honestly believe that then you don't know what Iowa football is about. We will line up year after year the day after Thanksgiving with one goal in mind: Kicking Nebby's ass

Nebraska reminds me of grunge music, everyone listened to it in the 90's but no one listens to it now. Nebraska is no longer mainstream and the quicker they learn that the better they'll feel.

Reactions: kyleparm
Exactly. While the state of the Iowa football program is less than ideal at least we can own up to it. Keep living vicariously through your titles back in the day and maybe 30 years from now it'll finally hit you. You have become a mediocre program just like we are right now. I personally hope for both programs to improve and become a must see game every year.

Reactions: Vroom_C14
Let's talk trash and use OSU, UM and PSU since we know Iowa is garbage in comparison.

I mean...Nebraska has 15 more conference championships (43) than Iowa has bowl appearances (28).

Here's a question: Before you die old timer, will you be able to name a decade in your entire lifetime where Iowa won more games? Because that hasn't happened in over 1/2 a century. Looks like no matter what, you will be on your death bed knowing who daddy is xD.

Good riddance, gramps. Hell, Iowa State has owned the state of Iowa for 1/2 your life. Lmao

Haha.

You're just upset because you know it's true.

Nowhere did I talk trash.

I hope so. Being in my mid 30s, I've seen NU on the highest high and the lowest low. It's crazy man, I'll never forget the complete emptiness I felt when NU had it's first 5-6 season. It certainly shows you that coaching selection can make or break you. Here's hoping we made a wise choice with this staff. I like what I see so far, but the fact is we need a QB that can throw efficiently to run Riley's system, and Armstrong has not shown he can do that. We have a stable of running backs that all had a lot of stars when we recruited them, but not a single one is proven. I think we can win a B1G title, but were a couple years away. If I had faith in our QB situation I'd feel a lot different. Do you guys think you can win one anytime soon with Ferentz as HC? Or will it take someone else?

Also, as much as I dislike the Hawkeyes, we really do need each other to get better. If I see one more "Minnesota could win the West!" thread I'm going to puke. Hope we beat them this year.

Something I witness nearly every day in my work is people's failure to acknowledge cycles (its called recency bias). Not long ago USC was considered invincible. Then Oregon. Then Alabama. Now OSU. In my lifetime I expect every team to go through cycles....including NE and IA.

Cycles are one thing, fundament change is another.

Of course every team goes through both small scale and large scale cycles.

Nebraska experienced fundamental changes going from the big8 to big12 to big10.

It's now a different set of circumstances.

Yes Nebraska will go through cycles but their high end is not going to be where it was in the 80s-90s.

The difference between Nebraska and all the other teams you listed is population base.

Those teams have the population base in place so that when the right coach comes in they can build very quickly and easily.

Nebraska is a much tougher environment. It's not the recruiting grounds that the top of the line coaches will go to.

Yes Nebraska will go through cycles but their high end is not going to be where it was in the 80s-90s.

The difference between Nebraska and all the other teams you listed is population base.

Those teams have the population base in place so that when the right coach comes in they can build very quickly and easily.

Nebraska is a much tougher environment. It's not the recruiting grounds that the top of the line coaches will go to.
It's hard to recruit to Iowa City and it's hard to recruit in Lincoln, neither town is located near a giant city. (No Omaha doesn't count) nor is either city a really attractive place due to climate.

I hope so. Being in my mid 30s, I've seen NU on the highest high and the lowest low. It's crazy man, I'll never forget the complete emptiness I felt when NU had it's first 5-6 season. It certainly shows you that coaching selection can make or break you. Here's hoping we made a wise choice with this staff. I like what I see so far, but the fact is we need a QB that can throw efficiently to run Riley's system, and Armstrong has not shown he can do that. We have a stable of running backs that all had a lot of stars when we recruited them, but not a single one is proven. I think we can win a B1G title, but were a couple years away. If I had faith in our QB situation I'd feel a lot different. Do you guys think you can win one anytime soon with Ferentz as HC? Or will it take someone else?
I respect the heck out of Nebraska fans like you. Objective minded and keeping it realistic. I completely agree with this post and wish more fans were like you. Both teams need this rivalry to take off and I hope it does sooner rather than later. I just wish idiotic fans (on both ends) would realize this. I think we can get it done with ferentz at the helm but that is not judging off the past few years. We are in quite a lull so if he is going to right the ship it better be this year or he won't be around for next.

I don't disagree with most of your points, per se. But the question was whether NE can win a B1G title in our lifetimes. I just think its difficult to say that about any team over a generation of time. What B1G team has NEVER went to the Rose Bowl?

I don't disagree with most of your points, per se. But the question was whether NE can win a B1G title in our lifetimes. I just think its difficult to say that about any team over a generation of time. What B1G team has NEVER went to the Rose Bowl?

And I don't disagree with what you're saying, they will probably be one of the top two in the west most years so they'll be in the championship game oftenand anything can happen in a one game scenario.

My point was really more towards their place in college football in general.

Nebraska hasn't been to a BCS bowl since 2002 in which they got creamed. It is idiotic of anyone to try and argue Iowa's program success to Nebraskas as a whole. However, it is pretty pathetic how you guys really do live off your glory days. You were really, really good back in the day. Nice. Don't dog on our current program until you have some real success this century. 1997 was a long, long time ago. You will never be our "daddy", if you honestly believe that then you don't know what Iowa football is about. We will line up year after year the day after Thanksgiving with one goal in mind: Kicking Nebby's ass

Great Point.
I think the majority feel they have no chance - unlike the pillow fight they built their Big 8/12 record on.
As the OP I say let's change this to "will Nebby ever make a BCS bowl in your lifetime".

Re:some other comments made:
Having been to Lincoln twice I find their fanbase to be very obese with teeth like the British. Very ugly lot. Sorry - we should have let in Missouri. MU's female fanbase at the Insight bowl was outstanding - Hawkeye equals.
Looks like they've outscored us by 1 or 2 points since joining - wow.
Mike Riley sounds like a retard talking - nice hire.

Last edited:
Great Pint.
I think the majority feel they have no chance - unlike the pillow fight they built their Big 8/12 record on.
As the OP I say let's change this to "will Nebby ever make a BCS bowl in your lifetime".

Re:some other comments made:
Having been to Lincoln twice I find their fanbase to be very obese with teeth like the British. Very ugly lot. Sorry - we should have let in Missouri. MU's female fanbase at the Insight bowl was outstanding - Hawkeye equals.
Looks like they've outscored us by 1 or 2 points since joining - wow.
Mike Riley sounds like a retard talking - nice hire.

I don't know about the pillowfight talk- Iowa might want to beat the Big 8/12s worst team at least half the time before dogging their conference too bad.

I do agree their coach is retarded and we should start steamrolling them this year.

I don't know about the pillowfight talk- Iowa might want to beat the Big 8/12s worst team at least half the time before dogging their conference too bad.

I do agree their coach is retarded and we should start steamrolling them this year.

40-22 isn't bad especially when they make it their season most important.
I remember Danny M ending all his summer camps and practices up to the game with "Beat Iowa". Clones still in denial on this...

I respect the heck out of Nebraska fans like you. Objective minded and keeping it realistic. I completely agree with this post and wish more fans were like you. Both teams need this rivalry to take off and I hope it does sooner rather than later. I just wish idiotic fans (on both ends) would realize this. I think we can get it done with ferentz at the helm but that is not judging off the past few years. We are in quite a lull so if he is going to right the ship it better be this year or he won't be around for next.

Thanks. I love college football. And I think the Iowa-NU game has all the tools to be fantastic. We just need both teams to start playing like Iowa and Nebraska again. This game could be quite the event with some creative thinking. How cool would it be to play it at Arrowhead every year? Stadium half red/half gold. I know NU has a huge alumni base in KC, and I would assume Iowa does as well. Do a sweet flyover before, and have a military band perform at halftime. Think of how cool that would be to recruits? Who wouldn't want to be a part of a rivalry game like that in an NFL stadium every year!

40-22 isn't bad especially when they make it their season most important.
I remember Danny M ending all his summer camps and practices up to the game with "Beat Iowa". Clones still in denial on this...

Sure, but I was referring to the KF era. If I gave 2 shits about anything that happened before 1999 I'd be no better than a Nebraska fan.

Thanks. I love college football. And I think the Iowa-NU game has all the tools to be fantastic. We just need both teams to start playing like Iowa and Nebraska again. This game could be quite the event with some creative thinking. How cool would it be to play it at Arrowhead every year? Stadium half red/half gold. I know NU has a huge alumni base in KC, and I would assume Iowa does as well. Do a sweet flyover before, and have a military band perform at halftime. Think of how cool that would be to recruits? Who wouldn't want to be a part of a rivalry game like that in an NFL stadium every year!
As much as I'd love to see that idea pan out, no way on God's green Earth will Ferentz do something like that while he's the head coach, even if Barta likes the idea.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Neutral site game in KC is idiotic. Maybe if Nebraska was playing KSU, KU, or Mizzou, but Iowa? It doesn't make any sense. Home games in Lincoln and Iowa City is where they should be played.

Neutral site game in KC is idiotic. Maybe if Nebraska was playing KSU, KU, or Mizzou, but Iowa? It doesn't make any sense. Home games in Lincoln and Iowa City is where they should be played.

Idiotic? Just an idea. KC is what...4 hours from Iowa City and 3 or 4 hours from Lincoln. It's the closest big-ish city. With I'm guessing a good amount of Alumni from both schools. Huge tailgate area. What gave me the idea is how big the Chuck Fil A games are down here in Atlanta. This year is Auburn and LouisvillE I think? That dome will be packed. As I fan, I'd travel to a game like that every year for NU and Iowa.

He is most likely going to be the national coach of the year.

Yeah, right, Nebraska really has a lot to discuss about Iowa. Check out how many of those threads are started by Iowa posters.

You are exactly what we expected. We figured you'd snag a win 1 out of every 4 games. You are right on track. And all that while we were in a perpetual slump with a madman at the helm.

Congratulations on your success in other men's sports. Whenever I travel to other areas of the U.S. and tell people I live in Iowa, the first thing that comes out of their mouth is the respect they have for the "university of Iowa's various other men's sports besides football" success. America discusses all kind of other sports besides that afterthought of college football.

Personally, I'm very glad to hear of your other successes. Just means Barta will continue to be employed. Carry on....

Someday maybe nebby will actually be as good as skirt fans think they are.

This is an interesting idea. I actually live in KC and remember the old K-State vs Iowa series that drew a pretty solid crowd at Arrowhead. Just like you said there is PLENTY of alumni support for Iowa and Nebraska around the area to fill the stadium, as long as you take in to account the fans that travel from the respective states as well. It would be nice this season the week the Chiefs lose a home game to go play in England. Obviously, it is too late this year but is a cool idea for the future.

I also don't think it's a bad idea.

The location isn't ideal though just because of how far south it is of both schools.

How do Oklahoma fans feel about playing Texas in Dallas? (Honestly don't know). I don't think IA/NE in Arrowhead will happen, but with the Red River Showdown in mind, I don't see why it'd be "idiotic". Obviously, IA/NE isn't even close to the rivalry TX/OK is, but I think we want it to be, and something like this would certainly add some fuel.

A huge part of the RRS is to give Okies a recruiting spotlight in Texas each year. It is of great benefit to them in that sense. I see no benefit to Iowa or Nebraska by doing something similar in KC. Having the games at the schools is where it's at for me.

As far as the OP: Of course Nebraska will win a conference trophy. So will Iowa. I think it will come in the next decade for Nebraska. Hopefully sooner. For Iowa I don't know, I don't know enough about your team to make such predictions.

I DO hope that both teams improve a LOT. I like the idea of being rivals across the river. This could be fun.

Texas and OU play in Dallas because it is in the middle both schools. Iowa and Nebraska playing in KC would be like playing the OU-Texas game in like St Louis. It is idiotic and makes zero sense.

Not at all saying it is going to happen because it almost guaranteed won't. But, hypothetically, where else would be a better location? Minneapolis maybe? KC makes most sense because there's no Big 10 team there and an abundance of Big 10 fans. I don't see how KC being the location is idiotic.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Iowa City and Lincoln, there is no reason to move it to a neutral site. Georgia/Florida and OU/Texas are in nuetral site games practically equal distance from each school inbetween them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT