ADVERTISEMENT

Will Nebby ever win a Big 10 fball championship in your lifetime.

To be fair, a four game time span between two teams is quite small to draw conclusions on long-term superiority. While Nebby has a 75% winning percentage vs. Iowa, a one-game OT swing game would make it 50%. Over a 10-year timeframe it will likely by near 50%.

Should re-word the title to "Will the B1G West ever win a B1G championship in your lifetime"

I am 29 and the real question is this, when I am 60 will Nebraska fans still talk about the 1990's and act like they are entitled to something still. Discuss....

Jealous of our football history at age 29 already.

History is earned not given. Some programs have more than others, Between both of us we know which one is from the other.

We have a new Head Coach and Iowa will be getting one after this season it's going to take time for either program to win the B1G but I think Nebraska will win the West more than Iowa will.

Jealous of our football history at age 29 already.

History is earned not given. Some programs have more than others, Between both of us we know which one is from the other.

We have a new Head Coach and Iowa will be getting one after this season it's going to take time for either program to win the B1G but I think Nebraska will win the West more than Iowa will.

How many coaches has Nebraska had since KF started at Iowa? Four is hilarious. Maybe if they keep firing coaches they will get it right someday.

Quit laughing skirt fans are serious.

How many coaches has Nebraska had since KF started at Iowa? Four is hilarious. Maybe if they keep firing coaches they will get it right someday.

Quit laughing skirt fans are serious.
And during that time period we still have a better winning pct than Ferentz.

Reactions: lenoxhawks
Answer your question with a question. When in the future will Iowa even win their division of the Big Ten? That should be doable, don't you think? um… maybe not

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2015/MAR15/DBMar13.html

Not really any excuses, are there.

To answer your question, I think Neb. can get it done in the next 3 to 4 seasons.

Phil Steele?

Yes, reference the highlight in the quote above.
It's a link showing Iowa's 2015 strength of schedule. 101 out of the 129 programs, and weakest in the B1G. As in...if you don't win the division this year, you have absolutely no excuse. Pathetically easy schedule.

Reactions: lenoxhawks
When will Nebraska actually be a good as skirt fans think? Skirt fans weren't shy about saying they would come in and win many football conference championships. Not surprising they have been wrong about and probably will be for some time.

I win.

Hey… I get it, you're not that bright. If you are capable, go back to page 2 where I answered your fallacious
question. I understand you're probably moving your lips as you read this, so take your time.
No one else is bothering to answer your question because it's a complete straw-man argument. I don't remember a single poster during our imminent move to the Big Ten saying "we will win multiple Big Ten titles in the first years of being a conference member". As a matter fact, it was Iowa fans saying that we would not be able to compete in the big tough Big Ten. Yet, since joining, Nebraska has the highest winning percentage of any team in the B1G. Go figure.

Last edited:
Hey… I get it, you're not that bright. If you are capable, go back to page 2 where I answered your fallacious
question. I understand you're probably moving your lips as you read this, so take your time.
No one else is bothering to answer your question because it's a complete straw-man argument. I don't remember a single poster during our imminent move to the Big Ten saying "we will win multiple Big Ten titles in the first years of being a conference member". As a matter fact, it was Iowa fans saying that we would not be able to compete in the big tough Big Ten. Yet, since joining, Nebraska has the highest winning percentage of any team in the B1G. Go figure.

Which gets you a spot in the Holiday Bowl, Congrats!

Wow math must not be your strong point. Nebraska is 37-16 is .698%
Ohio st 44-11 .800%
Michigan St 42-12 .777%
Wisconsin 39-16 .709%.

Seriously no one here cares what you have to say but if you are going to attempt to post facts try and be half way accurate. Or you could just post your non sense on your husker board since you post the same unoriginal BS over and over...

Three.

When will Nebraska win all the football conference championships skirt fans said they would win would they joined the Big Ten?

Yes, reference the highlight in the quote above.
It's a link showing Iowa's 2015 strength of schedule. 101 out of the 129 programs, and weakest in the B1G. As in...if you don't win the division this year, you have absolutely no excuse. Pathetically easy schedule.

I love it when skirt fans show us all how myopic they are. More I say, we want more. We want more. We want more.

I love it when skirt fans show us all how myopic they are. More I say, we want more. We want more. We want more.

Your the one that keeps repeating how many Championships we were going to win. Not any of us.:confused:

And yes Santa Barb was not thinking straight but in that time what is Iowa record in the B1G and how many division championships have you won?

Your the one that keeps repeating how many Championships we were going to win. Not any of us.:confused:

And yes Santa Barb was not thinking straight but in that time what is Iowa record in the B1G and how many division championships have you won?

Keep arguing with 89/91 but it's like arguing with someone with special needs. No one is saying Iowa has won a division championship yet on the other hand no one cares about the one Nebraska has nor does anyone care to hear for the millionth time about husker football past. Plus no one is making outlandish fabrications about iowas winning % and flat out lying about it.

Keep arguing with 89/91 but it's like arguing with someone with special needs. No one is saying Iowa has won a division championship yet on the other hand no one cares about the one Nebraska has nor does anyone care to hear for the millionth time about husker football past. Plus no one is making outlandish fabrications about iowas winning % and flat out lying about it.

Keep in mind plenty of you Iowa faithful like to bring up our past in the first place

Have you voted - if so I missed it.
Trying to keep a tally.
Also keeping tally of Bugeaters bringing up the Big 8 pillowfight history,etc. #'s vs voting....
Apparently the B1G is tough, because Iowa has a winning record over only two teams - Indiana and Northwestern. Mighty fine program!

Somebody cares about Nebraska football – Hint – the one who started this post. Yes, our optimistic hope of a B1G championship has not come about. Hence, we fired a coach that Iowa would consider a dream tenure and continue to look for that person who can do that. Speaking of predictions – Iowa fans continually claimed if they would play us year in and year out, you would beat us a majority of the time. The reality is in four games, we have beat you 75% of the time. That is fairly recent - wouldn't you say? Yes, historically we own you 70%. Yes, we owned you in the 80s, owned you in the 90s, owned you in the 2000 – but that is all history. In the most current decade it appears to be more of the same.

I do understand why history bothers you. In checking out your winning percentage against all other B1G opponents, it appears you only have the edge on two programs. Those are Iowa State type of results. Speaking of recent results, how you doing against your "little brother" since the start of the last decade?

Reactions: I4cy
Still going. Much like the Energizer Bunny.

Newsflash. Iowa will play Nebraska in 2015. November. One team will win.

Somebody cares about Nebraska football – Hint – the one who started this post. Yes, our optimistic hope of a B1G championship has not come about. Hence, we fired a coach that Iowa would consider a dream tenure and continue to look for that person who can do that. Speaking of predictions – Iowa fans continually claimed if they would play us year in and year out, you would beat us a majority of the time. The reality is in four games, we have beat you 75% of the time. That is fairly recent - wouldn't you say? Yes, historically we own you 70%. Yes, we owned you in the 80s, owned you in the 90s, owned you in the 2000 – but that is all history. In the most current decade it appears to be more of the same.

I do understand why history bothers you. In checking out your winning percentage against all other B1G opponents, it appears you only have the edge on two programs. Those are Iowa State type of results. Speaking of recent results, how you doing against your "little brother" since the start of the last decade?

Wow cool story. Way to come over to an Iowa board find the one Nebraska thread and keep posting on it. Man Thanks for posting this info not like anyone of you husker fans has ever come over and start bragging about it. Very original. Serious what type of loser continues to go on other teams message board and keeps posting about their teams past and brags about it. Are we suppose to be impressed or care? Is there a point you are trying to achieve or is your life so pathetic you just go to other teams message boards and boast about your football history.

Apparently the B1G is tough, because Iowa has a winning record over only two teams - Indiana and Northwestern. Mighty fine program!

Tougher than Nebraska can handle otherwise they would have a football conference championship before now.

Ouch owned again.

I wouldn't go threw out the history of the Big 10 conference, seems more realistic to start what programs in the Big 10 that they have winning records since Haydon Fry lead Iowa in 1979....

Tougher than Nebraska can handle otherwise they would have a football conference championship before now.

Ouch owned again.
29-13
40-22
One of these records Hawkeye fans call complete domination and the other you don't. Hawkeye Logic at its best.

I thought Wisconsin was Nebraska's rival. Who cares about this game.

I wouldn't go threw out the history of the Big 10 conference, seems more realistic to start what programs in the Big 10 that they have winning records since Haydon Fry lead Iowa in 1979....

If the BigTen is soft then why can't Nebraska win the football conference championship?

I will keep asking maybe someday skirt fans will have an answer.

Pot meet kettle. You could ask why husker fans care about Iowa. Point and case all of them posting here yet only 1 thread on front page out of 50 on Nebraska.
?

I'm not a Nebraska fan. I hate them more than anything, which is probably why I don't spend hours on the internet talking about them. It drives me crazy when people bring them up on our board. This thread was linked, and the same with my homeboard, I don't get why all of you spend so much time talking about them.

Actually Mich State would be in that list too! We are one game behind WISC and PSU... Iowa had 20 year losing streak in the 60's and 70's that we have not overcome against teams like PUR, Ill, Minn. OSU and MICH dominated the BIG for years in that time period.

Happened to notice that you guys have a losing record against Indiana? HAHAHA mighty fine program

Last edited:
Its too bad...I think Tom Osborne was a great coach, leader, role model, and person! I always cheered for Nebraska to beat the Florida's and Miami's of college football years ago. You fans make it really hard to have anything but hatred for Nebraka Football. You guys a great run for 30+ years and I would certainly be proud of that if it was Iowa. But, going onto boards and bragging about something that happened almost 20 years ago is classless! It would be like us going on Northwestern's boards talking how we dominated them for over 20 years...why? Do you feel better now? We will never be able to match that kind of success because the commitment is not there and we have amassed 1,000 excuses as to why we will always be average.

So recent is two years, not just last year or the last three or four years, but just two years to include your lone victory.

I understand your logic perfectly. If recent history is just one year, we have 100% winning average over you. If it is just two years, that makes it 50/50 – the best you can do. Add more years and you're winning percentage drops astronomically. Therefore, the only way the Hawkeye numbers can look remotely respectable is to just include the last two years.

By the way, how are you doing against Iowa State in "recent" history??? Hmmmmm????

Lets review, you are obviously a challenged individual.

In recent years (since the skers joined the B10) Nebbie has won by 13 points, won by 6 points, lost by 21 points and won in O.T. by 3. Obviously playing nebbie closer than 2011, that's pretty fuggin recent.

What I said was:
the reality of recent history against Nebby... is the games are much closer than the old days. I believe the hawks actually won by three touchdowns and lost in O.T. in recent history.

Look at how the two matched up in the "old days" and point out was incorrect about that....

And what the hell does ISU have to do with Iowa/Nebbie?

Straw man much?

Everything is cyclical. It wasn't long ago that Florida was unstoppable and look where they are now. Bama sucked not too long ago and look where they are now. Look at USC. Look at Colorado. In 2001, Illinois won the B1G. It all goes in waves.

Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin and maybe another will won the conference in the next 20-30 years at least once a piece, if not several times (and most likely sooner than 20-30 years, I am being conservative). Ohio State won't be on top forever. They will have down years. Every team does. You are either old or shortsighted to think that Nebraska (or Iowa, or any other team in the top half of the conference) won't win a conference championship in your lifetime.

If you get to the CCG game, all they have to do is be better than the opponent on that day. Va. Tech beat Ohio State last year. VT ended the season at 7-6. You only have to be better on that day.

I don't know how Nebraska will be this season. I am cautiously optimistic. But I am confident that in the next 4-5 years they will get to the CCG at least once.

Reactions: Bigfann1966
Everything is cyclical. It wasn't long ago that Florida was unstoppable and look where they are now. Bama sucked not too long ago and look where they are now. Look at USC. Look at Colorado. In 2001, Illinois won the B1G. It all goes in waves.

Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin and maybe another will won the conference in the next 20-30 years at least once a piece, if not several times (and most likely sooner than 20-30 years, I am being conservative). Ohio State won't be on top forever. They will have down years. Every team does. You are either old or shortsighted to think that Nebraska (or Iowa, or any other team in the top half of the conference) won't win a conference championship in your lifetime.

If you get to the CCG game, all they have to do is be better than the opponent on that day. Va. Tech beat Ohio State last year. VT ended the season at 7-6. You only have to be better on that day.

I don't know how Nebraska will be this season. I am cautiously optimistic. But I am confident that in the next 4-5 years they will get to the CCG at least once.
Pretty spot on assessment.

Nebraska's latest hire was brilliant.

They got a legitimate coach.

It will allow their Bag-Men to roam free for a while.

To be fair, a four game time span between two teams is quite small to draw conclusions on long-term superiority. While Nebby has a 75% winning percentage vs. Iowa, a one-game OT swing game would make it 50%. Over a 10-year timeframe it will likely by near 50%.

Not likely. History would not support that. The best predictor of future results is past performance. Over the last 10 meetings between the two teams (dating back to 1979), Nebraska leads the series 10-2.

Not likely. History would not support that. The best predictor of future results is past performance. Over the last 10 meetings between the two teams (dating back to 1979), Nebraska leads the series 10-2.

Your kidding right. History doesn't mean shit for most, it might make it easier for teams like Nebraska, but the cards still have to fall right.

The fact is Iowa couldn't win shit back in the day, like an Indiana today. Things change and Iowa is at least relevant today with some great seasons sprinkled in. Now Iowa has the desire to stay relevant and not sink to the bottom of the B1G.

I think it will stay that way for the Hawks. Good program with some great years sprinkled in.
We're no longer the doormat the Huskers used to beat on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT