ADVERTISEMENT

Windmills in Iowa

As someone who grew up on a farm in Audubon County I can without a doubt say that the constant stench of shit from the hog confinement 2 miles north of our house was 1000x worse than a seeing some blinking lights that came from the windmills that were to the east.

Also the idea that that those lights interfere with someone's ability to look at the stars like someone claimed is an outright lie.
What part of Audubon County?

Nitrate runoff is a huge issue for sure. It should be required to have grass buffers from the field to a water source.

But I don’t want multiple 650ft tall windmills within a mile Radius of my house either.

I was noticing the number of signs in people’s yards against the windmills while driving around town. I haven’t seen a Yes sign yet
Which of those two choices will possibly give you or your kids cancer?

I would have no problem if it was built by your house….or someone else’s house. I just don’t want it near mine.
OK, nimby.
How would you feel about a refinery?
Never mind, you are a nimby.
You didn’t address the real question, however. Do you prefer cancer causing energy production that fits your lifestyle, or another production type that won’t poison your kids?

OK, nimby.
You didn’t address the real question, however. Do you prefer cancer causing energy production that fits your lifestyle, or another production type that won’t poison your kids?
I fuking promise you that if they wanted to put one within 1000 ft of your house you would try to block it.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
I fuking promise you that if they wanted to put one within 1000 ft of your house you would try to block it.
Sorry old boy, you lose the bet. I am within 2000 feet of an interstate, so we know how to deal with “the greater good.”
How about if they condemn your ground to push a pipeline thru. You good?
The folks with windmills on their ground are laughing on the way to the bank, with no pollution issues.
Those with carbon drills and pipelines will always be susceptible to cancer and nasty spills.
Gotta get power from somewhere…

You've stated EXACTLY that, and I've quoted your exact posts, Cletus.

Did the kid hack into your account or something?
You cannot provide that quote, you made it up while being dramatic. If you could you would be posting it over and over, but, instead you are a liar, and a piece of shit.

Sorry old boy, you lose the bet. I am within 2000 feet of an interstate, so we know how to deal with “the greater good.”
How about if they condemn your ground to push a pipeline thru. You good?
The folks with windmills on their ground are laughing on the way to the bank, with no pollution issues.
Those with carbon drills and pipelines will always be susceptible to cancer and nasty spills.
Gotta get power from somewhere…
I heard today that the 3 county commissioners are against them so it looks like I’ll be safe. Thank god

I heard today that the 3 county commissioners are against them so it looks like I’ll be safe. Thank god
So, you are OK with paying a cancer causing source of your power to the out of country producers, rather than your neighbors producing juice and getting paid for it.
Nimby

As long as I don’t see it, I honestly don’t give two fuks.
No surprise. Nimby.
You never addressed my question about cancer and your kids, but no need. You don’t give two fuks.
Such a sweet little selfish prick you are.

8. Oft they require the owner to co insure the turbine company
While I don’t have any personally, I insure probably close to 100,000 acres around my local area. On those acres, there are several wind farms and I’ve never had to list a turbine company as an additional insured on a single policy.

Any ground tile will certainly be ****ed though. Gravel roads will have heavy traffic, local businesses will like it short term as construction workers come to town. I bet our little town doubled in population each time a new wind farm came around. The bars and grocery store (locally owned, not a Fareway or Hyvee) doubled how frequently she got trucks in for inventory. You get some riff raff, but most are good people, albeit a little rough around the edges.

The long term jobs that stay are usually good paying positions. However, I’m super happy as I look out my west windows on my acreage, that I don’t see any of those red blinking lights. I’m glad my most local area farmers shot it down.

Safe from those nasty windmills.🤣 The Netherlands are known for beautiful sceneries with windmills dating back decades.

OK, nimby.
He's full of shit. All of these guys just oppose clean energy, for whatever the hell reason, owning the libs or whatever. It doesn't have a got damn thing to do with them being eyesores or loud (LOL) or obstructing the view of the stars (Mega LOL).

It's part of the ideology, like hating on solar panels or electric vehicles.

Just so full of shit.

He's full of shit. All of these guys just oppose clean energy, for whatever the hell reason, owning the libs or whatever. It doesn't have a got damn thing to do with them being eyesores or loud (LOL) or obstructing the view of the stars (Mega LOL).

Just so full of shit.
I would have zero issue if a windmill was built in your yard or in a yard 5 miles away.

I own an plug in hybrid.

So go fuk yourself

Just so full of shit.
And higher electric bills. They love paying more money for coal, nukes or gas than solar or wind. They'd rather send their money out of state to further enrich billionaire mine owners and oil companies in Texas and Wyoming than keep the money in their own pockets and those.of their neighbors.

Iowa has some of the lowest cost electric in the country because it's mostly wind. Replace that with nukes and you'll triple or quadruple your own energy bill. But at least they're owning the libs while they keep polluting their own lands and their kids' health!

Safe from those nasty windmills.🤣 The Netherlands are known for beautiful sceneries with windmills dating back decades.
Been there.

Kinderdijk Poulder area.

Beautiful; was unable to be there during one of their "Windmill Days" when they put up the colored fabric on the vanes (which is how they operated in practice).

While I don’t have any personally, I insure probably close to 100,000 acres around my local area. On those acres, there are several wind farms and I’ve never had to list a turbine company as an additional insured on a single policy.

Any ground tile will certainly be ****ed though. Gravel roads will have heavy traffic, local businesses will like it short term as construction workers come to town. I bet our little town doubled in population each time a new wind farm came around. The bars and grocery store (locally owned, not a Fareway or Hyvee) doubled how frequently she got trucks in for inventory. You get some riff raff, but most are good people, albeit a little rough around the edges.

The long term jobs that stay are usually good paying positions. However, I’m super happy as I look out my west windows on my acreage, that I don’t see any of those red blinking lights. I’m glad my most local area farmers shot it down.
The contracts I work with do that which is co insured. Maybe they have changed with farm managers howling about it. Most companies however do a decent...actually a good job on the tile. The soil itself is really compacted though.

Not really. I got a pretty sweet life. I’m just trying to prevent these eye sores on my 2nd home
You just need to turn your attitude around. You're in some pretty freaking flat, bleak ground. Windmills will add some architectural interest and depth of field to your view. They really are aesthetically pleasing, you know. Pretty majestic in the grasslands of Colorado, Kansas, and western Iowa. The rolling green fields, blue skies with fluffy white clouds and windmills slowly turning are something Grant Wood would have loved to paint.

I would have zero issue if a windmill was built in your yard or in a yard 5 miles away.

I own an plug in hybrid.

So go fuk yourself
My family owns farm land (and a homestead) that borders a wind farm. The family gets income from the wind farm for legal reasons (I don't know if it's some kind of easement type thing or what) because they're using wind off our land or something (I've sold to a brother my interest in the section of land that receives income from the wind farm).

I've been out there many many times (my Mom and Dad liked to be driven out to the homestead when they were still alive), the windmills are actually much further apart then it seems when you're driving by on the road, and the most "noise" I've ever heard is a a kind of whir that you only notice if you're concentrating on it. I personally think they're pretty cool.

The opposition to Wind farms is the same bullshit from you people as everything else. Pig confinements and all the other ugliness in rural Iowa is just fine. Wind farms bad. Just so full of shit. So phony.

My family owns farm land (and a homestead) that borders a wind farm. The family gets income from the wind farm for legal reasons (I don't know if it's some kind of easement type thing or what) because they're using wind off our land or something (I've sold to a brother my interest in the section of land that receives income from the wind farm).

I've been out there many many times (my Mom and Dad liked to be driven out to the homestead when they were still alive), the windmills are actually much further apart then it seems when you're driving by on the road, and the most "noise" I've ever heard is a a kind of whir that you only notice if you're concentrating on it. I personally think they're pretty cool.

The opposition to Wind farms is the same bullshit from you people as everything else. Pig confinements and all the other ugliness in rural Iowa is just fine. Wind farms bad. Just so full of shit. So phony.
I’m 1 billion percent against hog confinement builds

Reactions: pjhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT