ADVERTISEMENT

Windmills in Iowa

The contracts I work with do that which is co insured. Maybe they have changed with farm managers howling about it. Most companies however do a decent...actually a good job on the tile. The soil itself is really compacted though.
I'm not saying I'm 100% right, just my first hand experience. Also, we've had a lot of tile issues in our area when they went up, but that's to be expected. Compaction, certainly isn't much of a way around that though...

Reactions: IIowaFarmBoy
I'm not saying I'm 100% right, just my first hand experience. Also, we've had a lot of tile issues in our area when they went up, but that's to be expected. Compaction, certainly isn't much of a way around that though...
There are probably differences between companies and states. Im OK with the but not so much on prime land and I wouldnt want one near me. I find them quite loud and a pain to farm around. The only real way to minimize radical Islam is to tske financial power from the Saudis and Iran. Same with Russia. Wind energy helps. But not on prime land.

Thx for a civilized discussion btw.

I've quoted you directly, saying precisely the same thing.
You have not and now you have moved the goal post to attempting to say it was past tense. At no point have you provided a quote from me saying I couldn't see the sky. You made that up to fit your hyperventilating, small dick, narrative. Because you "rode a bike" by them...... fu.cking Muppet.

You don't have to have a 200iq to see the relationship between perceived value and distance from owned property.

They are a great idea, when they are someone else's problem.

They are not terrible, but they are certainly ugly, and if you are someone who enjoys the immense darkness of country living, they create a bunch of light pollution.

For those of you who need this taken to the granular level, think of how annoying it would be if a neighbor down the street left blinking red Christmas lights on all year round. A fair amount of the daytime you don't even think about them but every now and then you would find yourself looking at them thinking "God damn those things are ugly". That's life by a windfarm.

Yes; you've been quoted directly.

The juxtaposition of your own statement with your denial is deliciously amusing for the rest of us.
Continue.
Again you chose to lie instead of saving any credibility. You cannot provide a quote saying they take away my ability to see the sky, you jumped the shark because you're an emotional little bitch and now I've got you in the ringer.

You can't stop posting because in youe head to post last is to win, yet you can't post the quote becuae you had to fabricate a lie to even have a standing.

You are a liar Joe, that's unfortunate.

Again you chose to lie instead of saving any credibility. You cannot provide a quote saying they take away my ability to see the sky, you jumped the shark because you're an emotional little bitch and now I've got you in the ringer.

You can't stop posting because in youe head to post last is to win, yet you can't post the quote becuae you had to fabricate a lie to even have a standing.

You are a liar Joe, that's unfortunate.
Do any of the following phrases sound familiar? You are dealing with mental case who uses gaslighting.

• “You must be going crazy. That’s not what happened.”
  • “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”
  • “You’re imagining things.”
  • “No need to be so sensitive. I was only joking.”
If someone in your life often says things like this to you, you may be experiencing gaslighting.

Gaslighting refers to intentional attempts to manipulate you into doubting your feelings, perception of events, and reality in general. Someone trying to gaslight you typically wants to confuse you and make you doubt yourself to make it more likely you’ll go along with what they want.

Gaslighting examples​

• Trivializing. They minimize your feelings, suggest your emotions don’t matter, or accuse you of overreacting.
  • Countering. They question your memory, make up new details, or deny that something happened. They might blame you for the situation instead.
  • Withholding. They brush off your attempts to have a discussion or accuse you of trying to confuse them.
  • Diversion. When you bring up a concern about their behavior, they change the subject or turn it back on you by suggesting you’re making it up.
  • Forgetting or denying. When you mention a specific event or something they said, they might say they can’t remember or tell you it never happened at all.
  • Discrediting. They suggest to other people that you can’t remember things correctly, get confused easily, or make things up. This can threaten your career when it happens at work.

Reactions: Finance85
Do any of the following phrases sound familiar? You are dealing with mental case who uses gaslighting.

• “You must be going crazy. That’s not what happened.”
  • “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”
  • “You’re imagining things.”
  • “No need to be so sensitive. I was only joking.”
If someone in your life often says things like this to you, you may be experiencing gaslighting.

Gaslighting refers to intentional attempts to manipulate you into doubting your feelings, perception of events, and reality in general. Someone trying to gaslight you typically wants to confuse you and make you doubt yourself to make it more likely you’ll go along with what they want.

Gaslighting examples​

• Trivializing. They minimize your feelings, suggest your emotions don’t matter, or accuse you of overreacting.
  • Countering. They question your memory, make up new details, or deny that something happened. They might blame you for the situation instead.
  • Withholding. They brush off your attempts to have a discussion or accuse you of trying to confuse them.
  • Diversion. When you bring up a concern about their behavior, they change the subject or turn it back on you by suggesting you’re making it up.
  • Forgetting or denying. When you mention a specific event or something they said, they might say they can’t remember or tell you it never happened at all.
  • Discrediting. They suggest to other people that you can’t remember things correctly, get confused easily, or make things up. This can threaten your career when it happens at work.
He may be attempting to gas light me but the facts are in the thread itself so he is wasting his breath. He csnt provide the quote, he knows he can't, I'm surprised he offered the example he did that clearly wasn't what he had quoted, so now, I'm just going to rub his lying nose in the shower of shit he produced.

He may be attempting to gas light me but the facts are in the thread itself so he is wasting his breath. He csnt provide the quote, he knows he can't, I'm surprised he offered the example he did that clearly wasn't what he had quoted, so now, I'm just going to rub his lying nose in the shower of shit he produced.
You have a lot of stick to it-ness...

Your own quotes were posted, Cletus.
You've 'gaslit' yourself here.
The quotes you posted dis not in anyway say what you are suggesting they say.

That's why I'm laughing at you and you can't just spam the quote like you would be doing if th facts were actually on youe side.

You lied Joe. Because you are a liar. Because your father raised a weak man and a disappointment.

You could have saved some credibility, but, instead you chose to keep doubling down. While pretending you know what you are talking about because you rode a bike by them.....

Windmills put off light pollution, when you enjoy country living and the vast depth of the dark on a clear night, those things are annoying as shit.

They say EXACTLY what I've posted, Cletus.

You blamed windmills for the light pollution impacting viewing the stars at night.
Now, you want to walk that back. Because you look silly.
Windmills do produce light pollution that impact the viewing of the sky, that is basic science.

What you posted in post 156 is bold face lie, a lie you cannot provide a post me saying, because you are a liar. Your father raised a lying sack of shit.

So, now you're back to saying again, what you'd claimed you'd never said.

Getting hard to keep track here... the Stupids just keep on a-coming!!!!
Joe I've never wavered once. You don't seem to be able to tell the difference between how light pollution impacts night sky viewing and an inability to see stars in general.

You see stars in the city right?

Nowhere near what I see where I live, which is nowhere near what I see when I go out on the plains of western Nebraska. One of the reasons my house doesn't have the stars like out there, is the giant white lights on top.of windmills that are designed to be seen from miles away.

Tell me you are atleast smart enough to understand that.

you lied dude, and now you are being called on it, and instead of manning up, you continue tondouble down and pray ill stop because in your small dick world to speak last is to win. But you don't realize I'm not going to stop.

But hey, you rode a bike one time, so you got that....... fuc.king Moron.

, is the giant white lights on top.of windmills that are designed to be seen from miles away.

They do not have "giant white lights"
They have blinking red lights for aircraft.

Which are minimal contributors to "light pollution"; which is predominantly from blue spectrum/white light source which are scattered in the atmosphere, making it hard to see stars.

The red lights on wind turbines have minimal impact on your ability to see stars in the night sky. Re-read that sentence until it finally sinks in for you.

Reactions: pjhawk
They do not have "giant white lights"
They have blinking red lights for aircraft.

Which are minimal contributors to "light pollution"; which is predominantly from blue spectrum/white light source which are scattered in the atmosphere, making it hard to see stars.

The red lights on wind turbines have minimal impact on your ability to see stars in the night sky. Re-read that sentence until it finally sinks in for you.
If I take a photo of a windfarm tonight showing a bunch of giant white lights along with blinking red ones will you log out of your account for 1 month?

Again, the lights on a windmill are designed to be seen from miles away.

If I take a photo of a windfarm tonight showing a bunch of giant white lights along with blinking red ones will you log out of youe account for 1 month?

Again, the lights on a windmill are designed to be seen from miles away.
You do what you wanna do.
Wind turbines do not have "giant white lights".

You do what you wanna do.
Wind turbines do not have "giant white lights".
You are speaking out of your ass little man.

Again, I live here:

20240328-082955.jpg

I went to the google machine to view wind turbines at night, and the pictures showed pretty bright red lights. I also found a link to a system used in Iowa that only turns on those lights when an aircraft approaches. I wonder why this isn’t in place everywhere?

Reactions: pjhawk
I went to the google machine to view wind turbines at night, and the pictures showed pretty bright red lights. I also found a link to a system used in Iowa that only turns on those lights when an aircraft approaches. I wonder why this isn’t in place everywhere?

Again, think about how "pretty" your neighbors Christmas lights are... now think about how pretty they would be blinking at you every night of the year...

It's an annoying and they are huge and bright as shit. Literally designed to be seen from miles away.

Again, think about how "pretty" your neighbors Christmas lights are... now think about how pretty they would be blinking at you every night of the year...

It's an annoying and they are huge and bright as shit. Literally designed to be seen from miles away.

And they are "red" and contribute minimally to the light pollution which impacts your view of stars.

If you want to post a pic of one close to the interstate, where Mid-American puts a small spotlight on the turbine for 'advertising' as an outlier, go for it. 99%+ of them do not have those lights.

Weird....cuz the stars are "upwards", and all those wind turbine lights are pretty much straight along the horizon...

Almost like they don't really impact "stargazing"....

an interesting note...

one of the best ways to mitigate - or at least, reduce - light pollution is to use red lights in place of white lights

an interesting note...

one of the best ways to mitigate - or at least, reduce - light pollution is to use red lights in place of white lights
They're still annoying; they just don't affect views of the stars like white/blue lights do.

And that's because yellow/red wavelengths do not scatter in the atmosphere like blue does (it's why the sky is blue during the daytime - that's the wavelength of light that does scatter in the atmosphere and does occlude starlight. and why you have to be many miles away from any city to get a clear view of the night sky - like the rural West.

And they are "red" and contribute minimally to the light pollution which impacts your view of stars.

If you want to post a pic of one close to the interstate, where Mid-American puts a small spotlight on the turbine for 'advertising' as an outlier, go for it. 99%+ of them do not have those lights.
You let me know if you want to take the bet, if not, you are just little bitch barking.

You lied Joe, and I'm going to drag your ass through the mud because of it. These things are not 10 feet , or even 100, off the ground.

They have lights on the designed to be seen from miles away.

It's really easy foe you to talk about how great they are, because youe only experience is riding a bike past them.... dunce.

You lied Joe, and I'm going to drag your ass through the mud because of it. These things are not 10 feet , or even 100, off the ground.
You are many miles away from them. You admitted you have to "walk 300 yards" to even see them (which means they cannot possibly impact your sky or "stars" viewing)

Post whatever pics you want. Or don't.

No. I posted what you'd stated. That the "light pollution" affects your viewing of "stars".

We get it, you don't like the blinky lights. But they don't impact your viewing the stars, Cletus.
You have now backed off to closer to what I have actually said. Thank you for acknowledging your previous attempt was moronic. I mean let's face it, you and I both know you would have to be an absolute mental midget, barely capable of voluntary functions to try to say something being impacted is the same as saying something can't be done. For a second there I was slightly concerned you might be such a tadpole drinking, window locking, doofus you couldn't actually tell.

Light impacts your ability to see the night sky Joe, those big ass lights, designed to be seen from miles away, certainly have an impact.

You are many miles away from them. You admitted you have to "walk 300 yards" to even see them (which means they cannot possibly impact your sky or "stars" viewing)

Post whatever pics you want. Or don't.
You don't actually have a ****ing clue how large these things are do you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT