ADVERTISEMENT

Wirfs Seeing a Psychologist ...

Hawk_4shur

HR Legend
Jan 2, 2009
... over move to left tackle.

The human brain is something to behold - both good and bad. :oops:

Good luck in settling in Tristan!

He was a dominant right tackle, left tackle is the premier OL position where he may or may not dominate. It’s a smart thing to talk through, it’s just part of the process. Makes perfect sense to me.

As a depression saddled person I have made that exact commentary about the human brain. It is absolutely amazing (overused word) the lengths and depths it can take someone.

He was a dominant right tackle, left tackle is the premier OL position where he may or may not dominate. It’s a smart thing to talk through, it’s just part of the process. Makes perfect sense to me.
Too good of a kid, an athlete, to not eventually dominate.

Eventually being after game two of the preseason.

Reactions: Ree4
Great points and a very important discussion
Is it really just a "deserved discussion" at this point? Not something that should be acted upon?

I'm encouraged that an NFL player is able to recognize their own inability to overcome something not physical. I'm despondent that it takes an NFL player to bring these kind of issues to the national stage. The help I got was minimal at best. If I were in Iowa, I would have been simply placed in the MHI and nobody would give a shit as I struggled because im not a world class athlete struggling with life's ongoing issues.

Reactions: CentervilleHawk
These kids today are weak. What a snowflake.

#sarcasm
actually dont put sarcasm it is the truth in the past young men had to to war and grow up strong today with no real stress and conflict men are mentally weaker and have to event BS anxiety think PM having anxiety over basketball pouting for weeks letting his team down suck it up buttercups what would happen if todays young men had to go to war we would be screwed

If you have ever seen a golfer get the putting yips or swing freeze you can see the performance anxiety and the problem thinking about stress of results. And where the hell do those throwing yips come from for baseball players like Rick Ankiel, iirc.

Dale Murphy of the Atlanta Braves was a catcher but then he couldnt mentally throw the ball back to the pitcher or do it well at all. As you may know he was switched to the outfield and had a near hall of fame career

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawk_4shur
If you have ever seen a golfer get the putting yips or swing freeze you can see the performance anxiety and the problem thinking about stress of results. And where the hell do those throwing yips come from for baseball players like Rick Ankiel, iirc.

Dale Murphy of the Atlanta Braves was a catcher but then he couldnt mentally throw the ball back to the pitcher or do it well at all. As you may know he was switched to the outfield and had a near hall of fame career
I remember watching the game where Ankiel “lost it”. It was sad. Dude stuck with it and turned into a solid outfielder.

actually dont put sarcasm it is the truth in the past young men had to to war and grow up strong today with no real stress and conflict men are mentally weaker and have to event BS anxiety think PM having anxiety over basketball pouting for weeks letting his team down suck it up buttercups what would happen if todays young men had to go to war we would be screwed
You should go let Wirfs know how you feel in person.

Reactions: Sexican

I believe it was Steve Sax who got so bad he couldn't throw the ball from his 2nd base spot to 1st as well. The mind is a crazy, (no pun intended) thing....

I believe it was Steve Sax who got so bad he couldn't throw the ball from his 2nd base spot to 1st as well. The mind is a crazy, (no pun intended) thing....
You are correct, I remember him but I couldnt remember his name. Iirc Sax was really good, all star level with the dodgers, went free agent to the yanks which is when his nerve connections went wacky

I remember watching the game where Ankiel “lost it”. It was sad. Dude stuck with it and turned into a solid outfielder.

Yes, I think he was already pitching well in that game and then it was Luke Lalush time from Bull Durhum. He was sailing throws to the netting behind and to the side of home plate.

I am not sure if this stuff starts with being afraid of messing up, some sort of performance anxiety in sports, or if just a bad throw makes them start thinking instead of just doing.

Mackey Sasser of the Mets was another catcher who could not throw it back to the mound.

As a depression saddled person I have made that exact commentary about the human brain. It is absolutely amazing (overused word) the lengths and depths it can take someone.

Good on Wirfs ... removing the stigma surrounding mental health is something that totally has to happen in his country (and others).

Is it really just a "deserved discussion" at this point? Not something that should be acted upon?

I'm encouraged that an NFL player is able to recognize their own inability to overcome something not physical. I'm despondent that it takes an NFL player to bring these kind of issues to the national stage. The help I got was minimal at best. If I were in Iowa, I would have been simply placed in the MHI and nobody would give a shit as I struggled because im not a world class athlete struggling with life's ongoing issues.

I admire you 2 guys for being so open and honest with your mental health struggles. And Homer is right when he says that removing the stigma surrounding mental health is something that totally has to happen in his country (and others).

What's sad is when we have piece of shit posters like @SB_SB who use mental illness as a weapon on these forums.

I just had this exchange with the ass hat in another thread:

It’s one thing to deny it but it’s another thing to say someone is lying when you know it was true. You really should take some drugs to help with your mental illness.

Wow. You realize 42,000 people kill themselves each year in the United State, correct?

So, why do you use mental illness as a weapon on these forums? This is not the first time you have done this, either.

You could very well be mentally ill but I don't know you, I don't care to know people like you, and I am never going to use the mental illness crisis that we have in this country as a weapon against you.

You are a real piece of shit. But I think you know that.

Reactions: 4ohs
I admire you 2 guys for being so open and honest with your mental health struggles. And Homer is right when he says that removing the stigma surrounding mental health is something that totally has to happen in his country (and others).

What's sad is when we have piece of shit posters like @SB_SB who use mental illness as a weapon on these forums.

Wow. You realize 42,000 people kill themselves each year in the United State, correct?

So, why do you use mental illness as a weapon on these forums? This is not the first time you have done this, either.

You could very well be mentally ill but I don't know you, I don't care to know people like you, and I am never going to use the mental illness crisis that we have in this country as a weapon against you.

Please see Tyler's post where you've said similar things to me. So I guess that makes you a real piece of sh!t, by your own definition. But honestly, you really do need some help.

I’ve come to accept that there are many that just don’t understand depression, let alone suicidal ideations.

I say accept, but it’s really just an acknowledgment of reality. The real acceptance is knowing that most of those with my kind of thoughts flowing through their head just act on it, and then we all read about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT