ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin school board votes to ban pride, BLM flags from classrooms

Because only lefty wackos care what pronouns others address them by.

Do you think if someone is addressed by a pronoun they don't prefer, they will melt?

Why is courtesy a problem? Someone asks to be addressed a certain way. Whether it makes sense to you or not, why is trying to address them they way they requested so controversially?

In my mind it’s not any different than someone preferring a nickname, their middle name, etc.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Why is courtesy a problem? Someone asks to be addressed a certain way. Whether it makes sense to you or not, why is trying to address them they way they requested so controversially?

In my mind it’s not any different than someone preferring a nickname, their middle name, etc.

That’s an interesting POV. When I was taught about Jim Crow and Civil Rights, “why” these movements occurred was explained clearly. Side A believed this. Side B believed this. This happened, then this happened. Here’s your test. And that’s how I’d teach it. Pretty damn simple for the non-obtuse. 😂
Right...side A believed they should have the right to vote without fear and Side KKK...oh, excuse me...Side B believed only white folks should vote. And you can choose what you want to believe.

I think we can guess the side you went with.

I went to Catholic school in the South 50+ years ago and it was always plainly taught that slavery was wrong, the Confederacy was wrong, and the Union rightfully prevailed.
Did they teach that there was a direct line from the Civil War to lynchings of black people, official unfair housing and education practices that prevented them from building the generational wealth white families built, Jim Crow, the Tulsa Massacre (among others) and that the effects of all that led to the civil rights movement with the white hierarchy in the south literally beating people to death to prevent them from exercising their rights under the Constitution? Did they teach you that the effects of all that persist to this day? There is not one word of that that isn't absolute fact. There is no "other side" to that. There isn't one aspect of that history that shouldn't be taught, but teachers are being intimidated into not teaching those facts because they make some children "uncomfortable".

Did they teach that there was a direct line from the Civil War to lynchings of black people, official unfair housing and education practices that prevented them from building the generational wealth white families built, Jim Crow, the Tulsa Massacre (among others) and that the effects of all that led to the civil rights movement with the white hierarchy in the south literally beating people to death to prevent them from exercising their rights under the Constitution? Did they teach you that the effects of all that persist to this day? There is not one word of that that isn't absolute fact. There is no "other side" to that. There isn't one aspect of that history that shouldn't be taught, but teachers are being intimidated into not teaching those facts because they make some children "uncomfortable".
Life must suck to be you. To bad you see the dark side of everything.

Right...side A believed they should have the right to vote without fear and Side KKK...oh, excuse me...Side B believed only white folks should vote. And you can choose what you want to believe.

I think we can guess the side you went with.

I knew this was coming. You're licked, friend. Have a nice night.

I don't address anyone using a pronoun that doesn't reflect who they actually are.

So you don’t respect the wishes of others?

Why is that so important to you? Does using a different pronoun than you would choose yourself somehow lessen you?

So you don’t respect the wishes of others?

Why is that so important to you? Does using a different pronoun than you would choose yourself somehow lessen you?
It has nothing to do with respecting the wishes of others, it's about reality. Going forward I want you to address me as lawful King of England.

It has nothing to do with respecting the wishes of others, it's about reality. Going forward I want you to address me as lawful King of England.

Wondered how long it would take you to make some ridiculous statement like that.

I said earlier, this is not something I really understand, and haven’t really experienced firsthand, but I also don’t understand why the preferred pronouns is a political statement that we have to fight over.

Honestly, how often do you even address someone by pronouns instead of their name?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT