ADVERTISEMENT

Without Caitlin next year

Will Iowa be ranked in pre-season top 20?

• Yes

Votes: 105 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 140 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What do you have against Levin, Ive seen her play several times and she will see minutes. She committed so early and doesnt have the stars behind her name but she is a gritty Kate Martin type player.
I don't think anyone has something against her & she clearly is excited about being a Hawk. With that said, she would not have played ahead of Bourrage, Houston, Tanke, Speiser or Zediker at AIA last year & would have been a role player. To expect her to make a significant contribution seems to be a stretch. If she develops into a solid player & proves people wrong, that would be awesome. I hope she kills it but questioning how much of an impact she'll make isn't unreasonable.

I don’t know the full non-conference schedule, but while there is plenty of opportunity, we are at least going to see tournament teams Kansas, Iowa State, and two out of UConn, Tennessee, and Louisville.
We are playing Tennessee and that’s it for that event. They just hired a new coach, it’ll be interesting.

Reactions: BondHawk
I don’t have anything against her. I hope she shocks me. But she is coming from 3A Iowa basketball. Her offer list was not impressive. She is not a top 100 prospect by any of the services. Stremlow has consistently been ranked in the top 100 and has a better offer list. That’s rly all you can compare at this point.

We should expect neither to be ready for primetime as freshman imo (we almost never should) but national evaluators believe Stremlow has a lot of upside so I think with time she will earn her minutes, probably as a reserve. I don’t think she is likely to be a star. Levin IMO is more likely to have a track like Shateah. But that’s okay, she can still be a great part of the team as a reserve, if nothing else. They are important. Again, I hope when surprises me.

Kate might be a great comp but if that’s the case, we should be conservative about our expectations. Kate wasn’t a scoring threat til the end of her junior year. She would not have started at Iowa as a sophomore had we not needed her to due to lack of experience/talent. Her having a fifth year allowed her the time to come into her own and become a true Iowa star. Levin will not have the early starting opportunity (bc Iowa has so much more talent coming in) and also won’t have 5 years .
You have to believe that Bluder would clear the deck for Greenway at PG in 2026. She is a phenomenal athlete, mentally tough, and a record-setting scorer who will transition to college ball without major adjustments IMO. Can Guyton play wing?

Reactions: HawkGem11
You have to believe that Bluder would clear the deck for Greenway at PG in 2026. She is a phenomenal athlete, mentally tough, and a record-setting scorer who will transition to college ball without major adjustments IMO. Can Guyton play wing?
They're both short which would make defensive assignments interesting. Guyton can score. Some highlights from AAU last year.

Reactions: nu2u
They're both short which would make defensive assignments interesting. Guyton can score. Some highlights from AAU last year.
Side note: Greenway voted 1st Team Class AA All-State. Also saw that Chloe Johnson. an 8th grader, made the same team. Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin have offered.

You would assume that but she has been recruiting PGs for 2025 (not all of them as high profile as Skinner) so who knows. Guyton is a CG but yeah, a shorter prospect. She was recruited to be the PG so that makes me think it is her best position.

Mallegni, Deal, Houston are all gonna be ideal Wings and tough to jump. If our wildest dreams come true with 2025/2026, Guyton may end up a role player (it's worth saying that's what she would be at Uconn, SC, ND and other Top 5 historical programs). A hell of a role player she would be and I've said it already but I'll say it again -- role players are important. A Top 20 PG for '26 and a Top 60 PG reserve from '24 is a very envious place to be.

But again, these are just dreams for now....we still got a long way to go lol.

Last edited:
I'm excited to see McCabe and how she plays with consistent minutes. I feel like she has that dog in her and will ball out with an expanded role

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT