ADVERTISEMENT

Without Caitlin next year

Will Iowa be ranked in pre-season top 20?

• Yes

Votes: 105 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 140 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What do you think?

We literally don’t have near enough data right now to make that assessment… And I know it’s just for fun so I guess if you had to have an answer, we really don’t know. We probably don’t have enough total parts right now to be in the top 25, but we really don’t know that and I think we still have Some opportunities possibly in the portal and if these new girls come in ready, yeah who knows …….

• Love
Reactions: littlez and HIWILLE
This is an easy yes. The preseason polls will probably put us around 8 to 11, knowing we won the championship, but lost a few key players.

Dude, that would be awesome and I’ve done my best to be president of the Iowa women’s basketball fan club all this season..⛹🏻‍♀️

but with what we currently have setting on our roster that would be purely on the last two years alone…not where we are moving forward, yet!

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Bluder's cred will get Iowa ranked next year in the preseason, imo.

Affolter and Hannah are a good returning starting point.
I am pretty interested to see McCabe next year. She has shown she can shoot the three pretty darn well.. Could play a big role. I would like to see Feuerbach come back stronger and about 7-8 lbs bigger next year, also. I do think we need a solid person from the portal as we don’t really have a go to ball handler.

Who do we think are going to be the starting 5.

Affolter
Stuelke

After that who? Especially with no PG. I’m guessing Feuerbach will be in there. O’Grady & McCabe? Possibly Ediger and Gyamfi fighting for a spot.

Reactions: Moral

Affolter
Stuelke

After that who? Especially with no PG. I’m guessing Feuerbach will be in there. O’Grady & McCabe? Possibly Ediger and Gyamfi fighting for a spot.
There are multiple threads about this already.

I think they’ll be worthy of a top 25 ranking but the current media narrative seems to be that Iowa is just Caitlin. Couple that with how much the media is looking to stoke divisiveness and I think you’ve got a scenario where they are just aching to drop Iowa out of the rankings, if for no other reason that to “say they were right about Caitlin and Iowa.

Affolter
Stuelke

I've watched Heinen's video, solid post player. Mallegni can really shoot the ball. I think they both see the floor. Hoping Guyton gets back into form by mid-season. We could really use a transfer PG.

Edit: I wanted to add that the following year we should be moving back towards the top. Hannah will be a senior, 2024 class will be sophomores and if we can finish 2025 with at least one more 5 star, lookout.

Last edited:
If Hannah has another big game tonight against Cardoza then they most definitely will be ranked somewhere. Probably in the 15-20 range. If they get a good portal transfer at PG then they will be far higher, although they may have someone on the bench that is good and we just haven't seen them much yet.

I'm not making any predictions here, btw. Cardoza is the type of big that Stulke has had all sorts of problems with in the past and I'm expecting to see O'Grady and even Goodman a bit to try and get a big body on her to attempt to contain her.

Reactions: Moral
it’s gonna be weird without CC, Martin and Marshall but I think with Hannah, Sydney, Kylie and Taylor they can still win close to 20 games.
Yeah tournament team makes sense. But think anything beyond two games in the ncaa would be unexpected overachievement.

Iowa will have a tough time finishing in top half of the new BIG10 next year. We all hoped this run with Clark would make us a Blue Blood program for WBB. Not sure that is the case.
still too early to tell what Bluder will parlay this into....Blue Blood might not be realistic, but maybe something akin to what Mark Few has done on the men's side at Gonzaga would be nice... 🤞

Reactions: MitchLL
Outside of the two returning starters, I can see McCabe at SG and then it's a little murky right now.

Don't see Feuerbach as more than a bench player. Hopefully one freshman stands out and then the portal PG.

What do you think?
If Hannah can improver her dribbling, and she is pretty good now at least going to her right, and can improve her mid-range jumper then she can play the 4 position. O'Grady and the new FRosh center can play the 5 spot. Fuerbach needs to improve her dribbling as she will by a 2 or 3, McCabe and 2 or 3, Gyampfi a 3 or 4 and she might surprise. So then can the new highly rated guard coming in be a good enough ball handler and a really good shooter to make up for even half of Clark's totals.

Affolter will be a starting 3 or 4 depending.

I think the hawks will be rated preseason and will have a good season, maybe something like 20 wins.

Affolter
Stuelke

Several in-coming freshman have a good chance to start too.

Don’t see it. Losing four key players from the starting five, no way we should be a top 20 team. Hopefully we get a decent point guard in the portal and the youngsters come on. We may end up there.
Women’s college hoops teams don’t have the parity of the men’s teams. I think the Iowa can very likely be a top 25 type team.

Who do you think are those 6 or 7 Big 10 teams? Ohio State will again be good; however, I think Indiana and Nebraska lose some key players. The portal may help some teams reload.

Curious if Ediger will move on. Really no minutes for her next year and she will be a Senior.

I said no to start the season. Maybe moving into the top 25, depending on the point guard position. Really no ball handlers returning, besides Sidney, and that's no her strength.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT