ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA Officiating

lhx4o31ma9d51.jpg
What’s a half lesbian?

Kennedy Carter-- whose lips you could easily read--called Caitlin "A bitch" and then knocked her flat while Caitlin was waiting for the inbounds play. All that was called was an off-the-ball foul. That's the bullshit that has been going on in this farce of a basketball league since play began this season. That should have been a technical if there ever was one.

And then later in the game Angel Reese, that no-talent thug who calls herself a role model, crashed into Caitlin and threw her to the floor on a rebounding situation. The call? What call? Three officials stood there and made no call whatsoever.

As great as CC is at basketball, her maturity is off the charts. I'm quite a bit older than she is, and I'd have been in half-a-dozen brawls by now, which is what these alleged basketball players want. But CC, being more mature and saavy than I am, ain't takin' the bait. She takes their best shots and all their trash talk and just keeps on playing.

The WNBA is a joke--the unfair scheduling, the ridiculous, one-sided, racist officiating, the whole damn thing. In many ways it's unfortunate CC has put it on the map, because it doesn't deserve it. The league should have remained under its rock. And I firmly believe it will return there once CC waves it goodbye.

BTW: In an amazing coincidence, the Indiana Fever today surpassed its total attendance for all of last season. I wonder how that miracle occurred? LOL

Last edited:
Kennedy Carter-- whose lips you could easily read--called Caitlin "A bitch" and then knocked her flat while Caitlin was waiting for the inbounds play. All that was called was an off-the-ball foul. That's the bullshit that has been going on in this farce of a basketball league since play began this season. That should have been a technical if there ever was one.

And then later in the game Angel Reese, that no-talent thug who calls herself a role model, crashed into Caitlin and threw her to the floor on a rebounding situation. The call? What call? Three officials stood there and made no call whatsoever.

As great as CC is at basketball, her maturity is off the charts. I'm quite a bit older than she is, and I'd have been in half-a-dozen brawls by now, which is what these alleged basketball players want. But CC, being more mature and saavy than I am, ain't takin' the bait. She takes their best shots and all their trash talk and just keeps on playing.

The WNBA is a joke--the unfair scheduling, the ridiculous, one-sided, racist officiating, the whole damn thing. In many ways it's unfortunate CC has put it on the map, because it doesn't deserve it. The league should have remained under its rock. And I firmly believe it will return there once CC waves it goodbye.

BTW: In an amazing coincidence, the Indiana Fever today surpassed its total attendance for all of last season. I wonder how that miracle occurred? LOL

I’m half serious but CC could help start a new league that is more up tempo and less Rugby-esque. WNBA is like a company that is just barely making any profit and someone comes in with an innovative product and they can’t make it fast enough and the leadership decides they will keep focusing on the crappy products that were not profitable .its asinine.

I’m half serious but CC could help start a new league that is more up tempo and less Rugby-esque. WNBA is like a company that is just barely making any profit and someone comes in with an innovative product and they can’t make it fast enough and the leadership decides they will keep focusing on the crappy products that were not profitable .its asinine.
The WNBA is a subsidized disaster. A new go it alone league would be better.

They are so jealous! They want her to punch someone back. They are just trying to get her to sink to their trash level. Then they could say she is no better. If that was not a flagrant foul against her today I do not know what one is. The refs are terrible!. She should just say this is not worth it and walk away.

The fact that everyone refs included are trying to hurt and make her fails how stupid they are. Stop talking about equal pay that you don’t deserve. Just idiots all over. 3..2..1 until Jamelle Hill says it’s race related.

I havent watch much live action of the fever but I have looked at box scores. Caitlin is doing well while being hounded with bumping defense, clawed at, scratched at and basically clobbered many times.

I saw both of these actions you mentioned on replays and the Carter intentional foul from the blindside should have been an ejection. No place for that back alley shit. I have seen hilites that look like a mixture of football and a brawl an it is not fun to watch.

The first foul was uncalled for and refs just need to start calling it.

I don't care for Angel Reese, but I didn't think that play was that bad. They showed replays and I didn't think I saw head contact. BTW, I wouldn't mind having her on the Fever. If she could get out of her own way, I think she'd be an even better player.

The Fever have had more seats filled in four games than they did all last year. Everywhere Caitlin plays is a sell out. Yet the officials allow blind side shoulder blocks which should have been a flagrant or ejection.

The woman who is filling arenas for this league is being abused and it is sad. They have the goose who lays the golden egg, yet they abuse her. It is sad and pathetic.

Still she is setting rookie records.

FWIW, the NBA would never had let MJ take this kind of abuse.

The first foul was uncalled for and refs just need to start calling it.

I don't care for Angel Reese, but I didn't think that play was that bad. They showed replays and I didn't think I saw head contact. BTW, I wouldn't mind having her on the Fever. If she could get out of her own way, I think she'd be an even better player.
Yeah she threw an arm out there, but I think Clark embellished that. I don’t believe Reese is strong enough to throw her to the ground like that.

The WNBA has allowed this to happen.

First of all, some current WNBA players set the narrative before the season that CC would need to adjust to the physicality of the WNBA. With that narrative, the WNBA let CC get hammered the first 10 games - even receiving technicals for pointing it out. Other teams saw the WNBA wasn’t going to do anything to stop it - which is causing it to just get worse. At some point the Fever need to take matters into their own hands thanks to the WNBA

The only way this ends is for the WNBA to do what they did in the NBA with Jordan and force the refs to start calling the fouls on her. After Clark spends 10 games going to the free throw line 27 times a game teams will start deciding that maybe allowing Clark to single handily defeat them by shooting free throws and losing to a really crappy Fever team isn't a good game plan. But the league has to step in. Maybe not publicly, but they have to get the officials to start protecting their product.

Terrible job by CC's teammates and coach of not defending her. Any other team, other league would have players running at the other team, coach yelling at refs, calling out the other team, refs, and league in the press conference. It's not that tough to figure out. Defend your teammate/player.

Agree with almost all of what’s been said here. One additional point. The way her opponents are guarding her reminds me of 7th grade girls games. They assign someone to follow her around every foot of the floor when she’s on offense and face-guard her and it looks ridiculous. This would never happen in a men’s NBA game or even an NCAA game. While perfectly within the rules I think the WNBA should be ashamed of themselves for doing this—it’s a really bad look and smacks of desperation.

Agree with almost all of what’s been said here. One additional point. The way her opponents are guarding her reminds me of 7th grade girls games. They assign someone to follow her around every foot of the floor when she’s on offense and face-guard her and it looks ridiculous. This would never happen in a men’s NBA game or even an NCAA game. While perfectly within the rules I think the WNBA should be ashamed of themselves for doing this—it’s a really bad look and smacks of desperation.

This take I do not understand.

Why does it look ridiculous for a team to guard her?

I would think it would look ridiculous to guard her like everyone else and then have her burn you on deep transition 3s.

Why because you can’t accept that an Iowa fan can be a little objective and say that Clark flopped on that play?

You cannot objectively call that a “flop,” which is described as:

In basketball, a flop is an intentional fall or stagger by a player after little or no physical contact by an opposing player in order to draw a personal foul call by an official against the opponent.[1] The move is sometimes called acting, as in "acting as if she was fouled". Because it is inherently designed to deceive the official, flopping is generally considered to be unsportsmanlike.

This was a case of severe, aggressive contact by Carter (vs “little” or “no” contact as stated). And Clark did not have to “act” as if she was fouled. She was clearly fouled. Did she plus it up? I would say a little but it was on her way to hitting the floor. She probably wanted to make sure one of the 3 blind mice actually saw it.

You cannot objectively call that a “flop,” which is described as:

In basketball, a flop is an intentional fall or stagger by a player after little or no physical contact by an opposing player in order to draw a personal foul call by an official against the opponent.[1] The move is sometimes called acting, as in "acting as if she was fouled". Because it is inherently designed to deceive the official, flopping is generally considered to be unsportsmanlike.

This was a case of severe, aggressive contact by Carter (vs “little” or “no” contact as stated). And Clark did not have to “act” as if she was fouled. She was clearly fouled. Did she plus it up? I would say a little but it was on her way to hitting the floor. She probably wanted to make sure one of the 3 blind mice actually saw it.
I wasn’t referring to the Carter play as a flop. I was referring to the play with Angel. Keep up.

Reactions: lost in gatorville
Women's officiating at all levels is terrible. The atrocious officiating in the WNBA is an extension of the atrocious officiating in college. It's like they've received no training whatsoever and hasn't kept pace with the overall improvement in player skill levels. The really need to revamp how the develop and maintain officials or this is going to continue to be a detriment to the game.

Terrible job by CC's teammates and coach of not defending her. Any other team, other league would have players running at the other team, coach yelling at refs, calling out the other team, refs, and league in the press conference. It's not that tough to figure out. Defend your teammate/player.
Allow Connor McCaffery to join the team for a couple months. He would take care of the problem.

Right before Carter broadsided Clark, there was a physical entanglement at the other end and possible words said. So, it may have been started earlier.

Where are Clark’s team mates ?

Watch an o-lineman when someone tries to mess with his QB

A pitcher throws at your head if you screw with his team mates

Poor showing by Clark’s team

If they don’t have anyone willing to help her, go get some badass off the free agent market.

Or Kate Martin

Excellent comparison

Reactions: BirdistheWord
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT