ADVERTISEMENT

Woman shot at Capitol has died

Except Breonna Taylor wasn't the aggressor. This dead gal was actively attacking LEO.

There's a HUGE difference.
Also, accidents happen and cops make mistakes and/or are just blatantly racist. There's millions of cops across the country. Tens of millions of situations like the Breonna Taylor incident happen every year in America. To think that sort of thing isn't going to happen and continue to happen is nuts. And it's not an excuse to act like animals and burn/loot/destroy.

Were those protests based on "fake attacks on black people"? False information and propaganda?

THESE WERE.
Wasn’t saying that. And don’t support yesterday’s actions. I was debating the fact that someone said the police just let everyone in and were taking selfies and then said that didn’t happen last summer. They are wrong. Some police did join protestors last summer and take selfies and march with them (I actually support that). Again you’re taking my comments out of context and applying it to something I didn’t say.

Good to see everyone agrees on this topic.

Violent protests are acceptable/justifiable/excusable if it is a cause that aligns more closely with my political philosophy. My side is better than yours and holier than thou. If you don't agree just GTFO of my country.

Here’s a video to show you what happened to the dumb bitch. I don’t feel bad for her.

If there are any clinicians who can chime in here. Immediately after the shot is fired you notice her arms are up in a position and slightly contorted inward. In medicine, this is called Decorticate posturing and a sign of a brain stem and or corticospinal tract insult. She likely had some involvement of the cervical spine, brain stem, or brain. Not a good thing to have. I used to hate to see this in the ER. Or the other type of posturing called Decerebrate, both types are not a good thing to have. Sometimes when you see a boxer or a football player get knocered out you see their arms doing a posture somewhat similar to this.

Reactions: haw-key
Good to see everyone agrees on this topic.

Violent protests are acceptable/justifiable/excusable if it is a cause that aligns more closely with my political philosophy. My side is better than yours and holier than thou. If you don't agree just GTFO of my country.

Exactly

When a group of pro-Trump rioters stormed the Capitol and smashed windows on Wednesday, a woman jumped onto a pane and started through.
Seconds later, a gunshot rang out and the woman, who had a Trump flag tied around her waist, tipped back and fell onto the marble floor as blood spilled from her shoulder.

“They shot a girl!” someone yelled as the crowd ran out of the southeast entrance.
She died later that day, police said. She was one of four fatalities from the violent rioting that wreaked havoc through the halls of Congress on Wednesday, halting the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral victory. Three others died of unspecified medical emergencies during the chaos.

The woman was 35-year-old Ashli Babbitt, a California native and Air Force veteran, her former husband told The Washington Post. Before her death in the Capitol, she had used her social media to express fervent support for President Trump and echo many of the president’s conspiracy theories and false claims of mass voter fraud.
AD

Police have not yet confirmed Babbitt’s identity or confirmed details about how she was shot. The woman was shot by U.S. Capitol Police, D.C. Police Chief Robert J. Contee III told reporters on Wednesday.

How the Capitol went from a joint session of Congress to chaos

On the day Congress was set to confirm that President-elect Joe Biden won the election, a pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol building. Here's how it happened. (The Washington Post)
Trump supporters storm U.S. Capitol, with one woman killed and tear gas fired
Babbitt, a native of San Diego, served in Afghanistan and Iraq in the Air Force before other deployments with the National Guard to Kuwait and Qatar, ex-husband Timothy McEntee told The Post. McEntee and Babbitt met in the Air Force and were married for 14 years, before splitting in May 2019.

McEntee, who did not know Babbitt had traveled to D.C. for the protests, was shocked by the news of her death and described her as smart and strong-willed.
“I feel absolutely terrible and sick to my stomach about it,” he wrote in a text message. “She was never afraid to speak her mind and in a way this was her way of speaking her mind (going to the rally).”
AD

McEntee said Babbitt had remarried and owned a pool supply company with her husband, Aaron Babbitt.
Babbitt’s mother-in-law told WTTG, which did not identify her by name, that her son did not accompany Babbitt to Washington.
“I really don’t know why she decided to do this,” she said.
In an interview with San Diego station KUSI, Babbitt’s husband said she was a passionate Trump supporter. McEntee echoed those sentiments, adding that she was “very loud and opinionated, but caring, sweet, thoughtful, loving.”

“You would never forget meeting her,” he wrote.
On social media, Babbitt recorded combative videos about immigration policy, while expressing her support for a border wall. In early September, she tweeted a picture from a Trump boat parade in San Diego wearing a shirt that said, “We are Q,” referring to QAnon, the far-right conspiracy theory. The tweet also included the hashtag “#WWG1WGA,” an acronym used by supporters who believe in the claims that Trump was battling a group of “deep state” child abusers.
AD

Babbitt also retweeted messages calling for Vice President Pence to resign and be charged with treason, videos of Trump rallies and photos of the president’s supporters flying to D.C. for the protests.
In one of her final posts, she responded to a tweet saying many flights to D.C. were canceled because of weather. “The entire world is corrupt,” the person said.
In response, Babbitt wrote: “Nothing will stop us … they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours … dark to light!”

Reactions: bladel
I wish we could bottle up what was going through her head in her final moments and give it to people in the maga cult. To know you’re going to die in seconds with a silly Trump cape around your neck, realizing how ridiculous your Twitter bravado about “fighting like a real patriot” is now that your bleeding out, questioning the simpletons and rubes you’ve let influence your actions, all those stupid flags and MAGA hats, hillbilly truck and boat rallies, and probably just in absolute disbelief that shit just got real as things fade to black. It would be a dreadful, regretful final few moments and I wish we could make everyone in the cult feel it.

I wish I had 1000 likes for this.

This is what a broken mind looks like.

To anyone watching her screed and nodding along in agreement, please unplug from your media bubble and talk to someone. People will help. I'm serious. Every human being has something to offer, and this sort of mental health problem never ends well.

I have a cousin who is like this. My sister has FB and reads his posts (aghast at them, thankfully), and it's simply batshit crazy nonsense. No idea how to reel him and his side of the fam back in. They go on to those posts and "Like" all of them.

Reactions: GOHOX69 and bladel
There were barricades inside the building?

Watch the video dumbass, there's a pile of furniture in front of the doors she attempted to breach, that would be a barricade, no? Not to mention she undoubtedly saw the armed officers and was surely given warnings from them before making the fatal decision to proceed. She got everything she deserved and more. She should lose her VA benefits and be buried in a pauper's grave to be forgotten in due time, but idiots like you will build a monument to this accidental "hero and martyr" of your phucked up vision for America. Don't like it? Leave ASAP.

Yep.
She was one who broke thru them, then tried to crawl thru the broken window.

Rightfully got a bullet in the neck for it. Then the rest of them toned it down and backed off.

Which is probably why armed guards should have had a stronger presence outside. When the first body hits the pavement, the drunk idiots sober up real quickly and their passion is quenched.

Reactions: torbee
So link to the gun she had?
Here’s a video of the terrorist mob attempting to breach the floor of the chamber. She attempts to bolt through a smashed hole the terrotist group smashed into the barrier put up to protect our elected representatives and assault the law enforcement on the opposite side, who have their weapons drawn and were verbally warning the terrorists to comply:

Reactions: ping72
So link to the gun she had?

None needed.
She was a threat, trying to enter a barricaded area.

She could have had a gun, a vest-bomb, a biologic weapon to toss. Who knows?
The fact the area was barricaded, and they had drawn their weapons and pointed them at the rioters was enough signal to back TF off.

Play Stupid Games Win Stupid Prizes.
You wanna play a terrorist on TV, don't cry when you get a bullet.

I know the fringes of both sides need to wake up and realize they’re doing more harm than good. They are the vocal minority. Unfortunately, many on here won’t admit that from either side.

Meanwhile 99% of Americans woke up today per usual shaking their collective heads over what’s happening with fringe right and left. Unfortunately, politicians don’t care about those 99% right now.
No...we woke up shaking our heads at the radical right...the people who stormed the Capitol building. Again, as much as you wish it to be, this isn't a both sides thing. This is 100% on Trump's radical right. The sooner you admit that the better off you'll be.

Reactions: nelly02
None needed.
She was a threat, trying to enter a barricaded area.

She could have had a gun, a vest-bomb, a biologic weapon to toss. Who knows?
The fact the area was barricaded, and they had drawn their weapons and pointed them at the rioters was enough signal to back TF off.

Play Stupid Games Win Stupid Prizes.
You wanna play a terrorist on TV, don't cry when you get a bullet.
So the folks in Portland should be shot?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT