ADVERTISEMENT

Women say COVID vaccines affected their periods. A new study adds to mounting evidence.

Has he died from it? Because, again, preventing death was what it was designed to do.
Do you know anyone who has had any other vaccine like the measles vaccine that's gotten the measles 3 times? Maybe you do, but I've never met anyone who got a working vaccine that had a breakthrough case of any illness except the flu and now covid. But I've also never heard anyone praise their flu shot after they got the shot and still got the flu.

Do you know anyone who has had any other vaccine like the measles vaccine that's gotten the measles 3 times?
Do you realize that measles isn't a virus like influenza or Covid and cannot mutate like they do?

And does not have any mammalian reservoirs it can replicate in like flu and Covid?

Do you know anyone who has had any other vaccine like the measles vaccine that's gotten the measles 3 times? Maybe you do, but I've never met anyone who got a working vaccine that had a breakthrough case of any illness except the flu and now covid. But I've also never heard anyone praise their flu shot after they got the shot and still got the flu.
FFS man, how many times do I have to explain my position? Do I agree with calling it a "vaccine" in the traditional sense of the word? NO! Was I ever under the impression it would prevent anyone from catching COVID? NO! Was I under the impression that it would better protect people from dying? YES! The false narrative about it preventing infection is both hilarious and sad. Everyone knew what it was, except, apparently, a select group of Facebook/YouTube conspiracy theorists who passed their BS on to the masses who then gobbled it up as gospel.

Do you realize that measles isn't a virus like influenza or Covid and cannot mutate like they do?

And does not have any mammalian reservoirs it can replicate in like flu and Covid?
Okay, and again I ask, do you know anyone who praised their flu shot after getting one, and then getting the Flu? No because people aren't complete idiots except when it comes to Covid and that bonk vaccine.

Okay, and again I ask, do you know anyone who praised their flu shot after getting one, and then getting the Flu?

LOLWUT?

People get the flu all the time after being vaccinated for it.
They generally get less severe cases that don't last as long, which means they shed less virus and shed for a shorter period of time, lowering the R0 for flu.

Same as Covid vaccines.

FFS man, how many times do I have to explain my position? Do I agree with calling it a "vaccine" in the traditional sense of the word? NO! Was I ever under the impression it would prevent anyone from catching COVID? NO! Was I under the impression that it would better protect people from dying? YES! The false narrative about it preventing infection is both hilarious and sad. Everyone knew what it was, except, apparently, a select group of Facebook/YouTube conspiracy theorists who passed their BS on to the masses who then gobbled it up as gospel.
You're either ignorant or lying: the manufacturers were ALL claiming >94% effectiveness at PREVENTING covid.

The ability to vaccinate at speed to gain herd immunity and stop transmission is our highest priority. There is a lot of work ahead, and our focus is on supporting points of vaccination💉, as that’s key to increasing the volume of people getting vaccinated every day.#JPM2021
— Pfizer Inc. (@pfizer) January 13, 2021

LOLWUT?

People get the flu all the time after being vaccinated for it.
They generally get less severe cases that don't last as long, which means they shed less virus and shed for a shorter period of time, lowering the R0 for flu.

Same as Covid vaccines.
And have you EVER heard anyone THANK THEIR FLU SHOT after getting the Flu??? No because this is a new phenomena of people praising a vaccine for not working.

Reactions: Sharky1203
You're either ignorant or lying: the manufacturers were ALL claiming >94% effectiveness at PREVENTING covid.

Yes. They're lying. More like gaslighting... Trying to say they didn't say the BS they said, trying to say the mandates weren't real, and trying to say a vaccine that doesn't stop the spread is both safe and effective when in reality, the vaccine probably does more to spread the virus than it does to stop it by vaccine shedding.

This is shockingly false. People were absolutely told that the vaccine would 'end the pandemic'.
If you can't remember, or don't want to remember that, you're being delusional.
A simple google search reveals numerous claims of 'herd immunity' and promises of the vaccine's potential to end the Covid pandemic. To claim otherwise at this point is a lie.

https://www.ama-assn.org/about/leadership/vaccination-our-best-chance-end-pandemic
https://www.un.org/es/desa/vaccine-will-not-end-pandemic-unless-everyone-can-get-it
https://www.piedmont.org/living-better/will-the-covid-19-vaccine-end-the-pandemic

I read Joe Biden is frustrated at the complete lack of interest in this newest booster. I have found nobody that is planning to get it. At work they are offering the flu shot but not the Covid booster. I think this booster will have single digit take rate. Getting above 10% would be a win.

This is shockingly false. People were absolutely told that the vaccine would 'end the pandemic'.
If you can't remember, or don't want to remember that, you're being delusional.
A simple google search reveals numerous claims of 'herd immunity' and promises of the vaccine's potential to end the Covid pandemic. To claim otherwise at this point is a lie.

https://www.ama-assn.org/about/leadership/vaccination-our-best-chance-end-pandemic
https://www.un.org/es/desa/vaccine-will-not-end-pandemic-unless-everyone-can-get-it
https://www.piedmont.org/living-better/will-the-covid-19-vaccine-end-the-pandemic
C'mon man you're smarter than that. "herd immunity" . "vaccine potential to end". To claim these statements as absolute is idiotic at best.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
Read the links.
I don't' have to when you said what you did in the body of your post. You lose all credibility. For anyone to think "a chance at herd immunity" and "vaccine has potential to end", and it has a >"94% chance to stop transmission" are statements with a 100% absolute guarantee to kill COVID tells me they 1. are a dumbass, 2. have an agenda, or 3. are a dumbass with an agenda.

• Haha
I don't' have to when you said what you did in the body of your post. You lose all credibility. For anyone to think "a chance at herd immunity" and "vaccine has potential to end", and it has a >"94% chance to stop transmission" are statements with a 100% absolute guarantee to kill COVID tells me they 1. are a dumbass, 2. have an agenda, or 3. are a dumbass with an agenda.
That's what the government agencies and scientists were telling us. It's not hard to verify.
You can be upset with them.

That's what the government agencies and scientists were telling us. It's not hard to verify.
You can be upset with them.
Why would they verify when they can just keep gas lighting the rest of us? And rather admit they were conned, duped, lied to, and lied to others, they're just gonna BUT TRUMP every thread and cry that he was gonna build a wall and make mexico pay for it!

So other words, not 100%, could still happen? Herd immunity will stop it, not the vaccine? Hmmmm......

Thank you for proving my point!
Your point wasn't proved. Infections at the time were labeled as "breakthrough" because they weren't expected and thought to be rare. The expectation was few infections, and the narrative was vaccinations to protect others.

Side effects causing death from an actual clinical study (autopsies) in Germany.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00392-022-02129-5

Overall, Schwab et al. appears to over-interpret myocardial inflammatory cells as myocarditis, and over-interpret the significance of their histological findings for the cause of death. As such, we believe that their findings are not necessarily representative of vaccine-induced myocarditis and are more likely to be incidental inflammation commonly seen in post-mortem examination. More research in this area is required, as understanding the pathophysiology of potential COVID-19 vaccine-associated deaths is a key component of the international public health response.

The pandemic "ends" when people have a combination of exposure AND vaccination.

Vaccines DID help end the pandemic, because we didn't have 1000+ deaths a day, anymore.

• Haha
Denial must be a tough condition. It must be terrible to be so invested in a position when it's based on trust of the US Government. I trusted the government, too. The biggest difference is that I've come to grips with the fact we were all lied to, and I believed the lies.

All I have to say is Thank Goodness for the pic, otherwise I'd have not been able to follow the story.

Women say COVID vaccines affected their periods. A new study adds to mounting evidence.​

Kaitlin Reilly
Wed, September 27, 2023 at 8:12 PM CDT·5 min read

Period changes and the COVID vaccine (Getty Images)

Period changes and the COVID vaccine: What's the deal? (Getty Images)

I've spent the majority of my adult life on birth control pills, taking them continuously, so my period has been nonexistent. So imagine my surprise when, in December 2021, I got my period, along with excruciating menstrual cramps. It was so out of the norm, I went to the emergency room, concerned that the pain and blood was a sign of something scary like an ectopic pregnancy or an undiagnosed disease.

I never got an official answer in the emergency room or with the gynecologist I followed up with shortly after my ER visit. It wasn’t until I sought out a second gynecologist a few months later did she suggest my symptoms may have something to do with my recent COVID vaccine.

While I had also experienced the more typical post-shot reactions of slight fever and muscle aches, it never occurred to me that my COVID vaccine might have an impact on my menstrual cycle. But there is mounting evidence to support the theory that it can.

The latest, a September 2023 study published in Science Advances, by Kristine Blix at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health in Oslo, found that women who don’t menstruate were several times more likely to experience unexpected vaginal bleeding after COVID-19 vaccination than before the vaccines were offered. This includes postmenopausal women as well as people like me, who are pre-menopausal but regularly skipped their period due to contraceptive use.

Before that, in January 2022, a National Institute of Health-funded study found that a COVID-19 vaccination was associated with a small, temporary increase in menstrual cycle length.

And a year ago, in September 2022, a large study published in BMJ Medicine, which looked at data from nearly 20,000 people, confirmed the link between COVID-19 vaccination and temporary increase in menstrual cycle length.

Outside of these published studies, there’s also quite a bit of anecdotal evidence — at least, that’s what I found when I scoured Reddit, trying to find an answer for my symptoms.

“After my shot I basically had 2 periods a month,” one person wrote in a December 2022 thread. “It was like I’d have a period way heavier than they were before my vaccine.”

Another said, “After my mom got the shot she got her period. She had already gone through menopause eight years ago and never even spotted throughout those years. As soon as she got vaccinated she started bleeding the next day for a week. Never got it again after that. It was so weird and she went through so many tests and everything was normal.”

A third wrote that they “spotted for the entire month of July” and that their periods became “so severe” that the cramps made them vomit, which unfortunately sounded similar to my experience.

Kate Clancy, a biological anthropologist at the University of Illinois, also noticed a flood of anecdotal evidence, as she wrote in a recent op-ed for the Washington Post — ultimately leading her and a colleague to conduct a 165,000-person survey of menstruation patterns post-vaccination.

“Our survey was intended to document participants’ experiences with the early vaccine rollout — to collect these data on the ground, as they emerged — and, as such, our sample was self-selected. But the sheer volume of respondents surprised by heavy and breakthrough bleeding was striking,” she wrote. “Changes in menstruation were uncomfortable and often painful, people reported. Strangers described bleeding through their clothes at work. Postmenopausal people were terrified they had cancer.”

So what’s going on here?​

Dr. Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, says it’s important for people to know the response makes sense. While the theory has to be studied further, COVID vaccines cause an inflammatory response in the body, which is why some people get a fever or chills hours after your shot. Other things, such as illness, create an inflammatory response, which can affect a menstrual cycle.

"In general, we've known for some time that inflammation does influence menstrual cycles, including the amount of bleeding and all of the variables associated with menstruation that can be impacted by an immune response," he explains.
It's apparently only come to widespread attention now, Adalja suggests, because as a society we've been “very closely tracking COVID-19 vaccines” in particular.

But, as noted in a New York Times opinion piece by Alice Lu-Culligan and Dr. Randi Hutter Epstein, both of the Yale School of Medicine, clinical trials do not typically track and document menstrual changes as with other responses, which, they argue is “part of a long history of medicine not taking women’s bodies seriously.”

Such menstrual changes make sense, although "since the cycle is supported by the immune system at every turn, it is possible that the vaccines, which are designed to ignite an immune response, temporarily change the normal course of events. For example, an activated immune system might interfere with the usual balance of immune cells and molecules in the uterus. These types of disturbances have been found in studies to contribute to changes in periods, including heavy menstrual flows."

Changes like these are a potential, temporary side effect of the vaccine, which should be discussed with your doctor.

It's worth noting that “it’s not something that is associated with any kind of health risk," Adalja says. However, in a postmenopausal person, “that often prompts a lot of investigation to rule out things like endometrial cancer. It’s important for doctors, when evaluating postmenopausal bleeding, that the vaccine may be responsible for it and not necessarily an endometrial tumor.”

As someone who was concerned about what was going on in my body following my shots, this would have been a key piece of information to have.

Dr. Elizabeth Swenson, an ob-gyn at Wisp, agrees: “It’s always important to conduct research into how and why medications impact people’s bodies. ... The menstrual cycle is a key component of women’s health, and knowing as much as we can about anything that can potentially impact it is imperative to the future of women’s health.”
And doctors said the vaccine made people magnetic...

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
So you are admitting the data was flawed, or maybe something else

LOLWUT?

The data were presented. And the numbers were based upon the results.

And, just like flu vaccines, they proved to not be as durable, year over year, and you wanted them to be.

What if you were born with a shitty heart and emphysema, and it takes you 6 weeks to get over the common cold? Yes, I will praise the glorious vaccine!
Welcome to the 1%... sucks to be you. But I'm not sure I'd get injected with something known to cause heart issues like myocarditis if you have a shitty heart.

He hasn't died from the common cold either and everyone knows he hasn't have a vaccine for that (because one doens't exist) so what does that mean?
You're a witty poster, and I do find humor in a lot of what you post, but this isn't a good example. Do better, abby!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT