ADVERTISEMENT

Women say COVID vaccines affected their periods. A new study adds to mounting evidence.

Because that's what they told everyone. Why don't you want believe it?

• Primary efficacy analysis demonstrates BNT162b2 to be 95% effective against COVID-19 beginning 28 days after the first dose;170 confirmed cases of COVID-19 were evaluated, with 162 observed in the placebo group versus 8 in the vaccine group
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-r...ntech-conclude-phase-3-study-covid-19-vaccine

It is imperative to dispel any ambiguity about how vaccine efficacy shown in trials translates into protecting individuals and populations. The mRNA-based Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were shown to have 94–95% efficacy in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, calculated as 100 × (1 minus the attack rate with vaccine divided by the attack rate with placebo).

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00075-X/fulltext#:~:text=vaccines were shown to have,the attack rate with placebo).

How well it works: Moderna’s initial Phase 3 clinical data in December 2020 was similar to Pfizer-BioNTech’s—at that point, both vaccines showed about 95% efficacy for prevention of COVID-19. Later data on real-world effectiveness for adults showed that the protection from the mRNA two-dose primary series wanes over time, but booster doses bring the immune system back to robust levels.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-19-vaccine-comparison
I don't understand your comment. Your cites explain why our cons are wrong. As I said.

The part of your comment directed at me was probably just facetiousness. Which I would ordinarily appreciate. But this is HROT, so it isn't always possible to tell.

There was some early hope that it would CURTAIL transmission - likely due to people having shorter duration and less severity of illness and therefore not being as active of spreaders. That probably was true, to a point.

But to anyone actually paying attention or with a working knowledge of how vaccines work, it was always understood that the main benefit was lessening severity.

That is how most vaccines work, including the annual flu vaccine.

Interestingly, that is also how many animal vaccines work as well. My dog has her kennel cough vaccine. She recently got a bout of kennel cough --- but fortunately it was incredibly mild and only caused her to cough when extremely excited or barking and she's over it now. In non-vaccinated dogs, it often makes them lethargic, with difficulty breathing and can turn into fatal cases of pneumonia. I'm very glad we had her vaccinated.

The thing with vaccines is you have to weigh the greater good versus the inevitable side effects and rare bad reactions. The anti-vax folks love to take those and blow them out of proportion, which is sad. Millions had less severe illness and many, many thousands who may have died likely lived thanks to the vaccines. That is the important thing to keep in mind.
This line of BS has been debunked so many times. So, sooo many times.

It's in all the package inserts, guidelines from FDA, CDC, WHO, etc. Statements from Biden, Fauci, Maddow, Offit, Hotez, Walensky, ad nauseam.

One Joe's Place is enough around here. 🤡

Uh...it was not a personal decision that people could decide for themselves. That is the point.
The vaccine was mandated for many, and they had no choice. They weren't allowed to make their own personal medical decisions. And, whether you think they made the right or wrong choice...it should have been a personal decision.
They did have a choice. No one was forced. You could quit your job or find a different one if your didn't want to get the jab.

It’s not a realistic choice for many families to quit their job, during Covid, because the government is requiring you to take a brand new vaccine.
Which didn’t even prevent transmission.
They’re going to find that proclamation will end up costing them more, in lost trust and future compliance, than they gained.

It’s not a realistic choice for many families to quit their job, during Covid, because the government is requiring you to take a brand new vaccine.
They’re going to find that proclamation will end up costing them more, in lost trust and future compliance, than they gained.
You are a straight up idiot.

I’m right. And all you have are insults.
I hope we get a full government review of our local, state and federal Covid response, and learn from our mistakes.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
**** you

You do know the polio vaccine was mandated right? You are Mr. Anti-Science. You are the poster child for not going to a private school.
I'd honestly never given it any thought prior to this thread, but what vaccines, other than COVID, do any employers require for employment? AT&T, Booz Allen, nor the FedGov asked me for shot records when I was hired, so they have zero clue (or assumed care) that I've had small pox, anthrax, flu, and a dozen other vaccines. What if I've never had a vaccine a day in my life? Why do companies only care about just the one?

Ponder Inspector Gadget GIF

I'd honestly never given it any thought prior to this thread, but what vaccines, other than COVID, do any employers require for employment? AT&T, Booz Allen, nor the FedGov asked me for shot records when I was hired, so they have zero clue (or assumed care) that I've had small pox, anthrax, flu, and a dozen other vaccines. What if I've never had a vaccine a day in my life? Why do companies only care about just the one?

Ponder Inspector Gadget GIF
Not sure. It is the company's choice though. Many of the vaccines you are discussing are also required to attend school and are given at a young age. Covid is obviously recent. Lost man hours and contract agreements have guided it. Edit: The government also didn't mandate the smallpox vaccine in order to work. It required it period.

Good question on the homeschooled. I honestly don't know. Actually, I don't think some states require vaccines for public school.
And now these are history.

Say goodbye to the COVID-19 vaccination card. The CDC has stopped printing them​

Some around here were pretty certain those would be required for many things in the future.
Thankfully, that does not appear to be the case.

• Love
And now these are history.

Say goodbye to the COVID-19 vaccination card. The CDC has stopped printing them​

There’s no reason for them anymore. I agree with treating Covid as the flu NOW. Not during the outbreak. Edit: I also think you are missing my point. Nobody was forced to get the Covid vaccine is what I stated. You might have lost your job but you were not forced. With smallpox there was no choice. The government mandated it.

There’s no reason for them anymore. I agree with treating Covid as the flu NOW. Not during the outbreak. Edit: I also think you are missing my point. Nobody was forced to get the Covid vaccine is what I stated. You might have lost your job but you were not forced. With smallpox there was no choice. The government mandated it.
I caught your point. It just made me think about other vaccinations. I'm almost 50 and I've never been asked for any vaccination status for employment in my life until covid.

What if you were born with a shitty heart and emphysema, and it takes you 6 weeks to get over the common cold? Yes, I will praise the glorious vaccine!
If that’s the case, get the vaccine if you want. But that doesn’t mean the rest of us have to get it too.
Everything we were told about the vaccine stopping transmission was a lie, and I know it was a lie because they had to change the definition of vaccine to fit their narrative.

If that’s the case, get the vaccine if you want. But that doesn’t mean the rest of us have to get it too.
Everything we were told about the vaccine stopping transmission was a lie, and I know it was a lie because they had to change the definition of vaccine to fit their narrative.
I'm not telling you to get it, I'm saying it worked for me as advertised from the beginning.

Reactions: globalhawk
You loved the idea of 'vaccine passports'.
During the pandemic, sure.

We're now in the endemic phase.
Which doesn't preclude another pandemic of another highly virulent and deadly strain (like we've seen with flu over the past 100+ years)

How do you know it worked?
I’m not dead?

Considering the common cold damn near takes me out and my unvaxed neighbor who was healthy as a horse ended up on a vent for 3 weeks in 2020 and still can’t walk without a walker, I’d say it worked fine.

How do you know it doesn’t?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I’m not dead?

Considering the common cold damn near takes me out and my unvaxed neighbor who was healthy as a horse ended up on a vent for 3 weeks in 2020 and still can’t walk without a walker, I’d say it worked fine.

How do you know it doesn’t?
Joe Biden, dude has been jabbed repeatedly and has covid at least 3 times. If that's someone's definition of working, then by all means go get that bad boy in both arms

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT