ADVERTISEMENT

Women say COVID vaccines affected their periods. A new study adds to mounting evidence.

That doesn't say how many total vaccines means a person is fully vaccinated.

Can you post that info?
Why do you keep asking that question?

Do you think there IS an answer? If so, why not look it up yourself?

Do you think there ISN'T an answer? Then what's the point of asking?

I'd like to know what "fully vaccinated" means. Since you keep asking that question, I'll ask you.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are measures by which you could decide whether someone is fully vaccinated. Some level of antibodies to current strains of the virus, perhaps, or things like that.

Total shots, together with other factors (like health, duration since last shot, whether you have had COVID, etc.) could give a good approximation.

But to expect that there is some magic number of shots - the same number for everybody - that means you are "fully vaccinated" strikes me as an unhelpful way to think about it.

We rushed out this vaccine before it could be improved
We "rushed out" these vaccines, because we had no other options.

There haven't been "universal" vaccines for the common cold or flu ever, despite decades of work.

Covid vaccines are no different - the "new" ones are not specifically "improvements", they are altered versions which are targeting the new circulating variants. JUST LIKE we do with flu every year.

I'd like to know what "fully vaccinated" means. Since you keep asking that question, I'll ask you.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are measures by which you could decide whether someone is fully vaccinated. Some level of antibodies to current strains of the virus, perhaps, or things like that.

Total shots, together with other factors (like health, duration since last shot, whether you have had COVID, etc.) could give a good approximation.

But to expect that there is some magic number of shots - the same number for everybody - that means you are "fully vaccinated" strikes me as an unhelpful way to think about it.

I can't figure it all out.

It's not up for debate. The CDC provides a clear answer as to what is 'fully vaccinated' and what is 'up to date'.
If you can't figure that out after reading the provided links, then that's pretty sad.

It's not up for debate. The CDC provides a clear answer as to what is 'fully vaccinated' and what is 'up to date'.
If you can't figure that out after reading the provided links, then that's pretty sad.

All you have to do is post how many total shots means "fully vaccinated."

My view is it means 4 or 5.

All you have to do is post how many total shots means "fully vaccinated."

My view is it means 4 or 5.
“Fully vaccinated” is not the same as having the best protection that staying up to date provides. You were “fully vaccinated” when you had completed only a primary series based on your age, health status, and vaccine type. Thus, you can be “fully vaccinated” and not have completed all vaccine doses recommended for you, which is called “up to date”.

“Fully vaccinated” is not the same as having the best protection that staying up to date provides. You were “fully vaccinated” when you had completed only a primary series based on your age, health status, and vaccine type. Thus, you can be “fully vaccinated” and not have completed all vaccine doses recommended for you, which is called “up to date”.

OK.

How many vaccines means being "up to date?"

Joe, you are wrong again but I know that doesn't surprise you. :cool:

You may notice from the below article that the CDC doesn't state the vaccine slows or prevents infection.
There are OTHER sources that demonstrate the vaccines will prevent and slow infection rates.

ALL they have to do is lower the R0, and we know they do that. When you claim "they are only 50% effective", that means they eliminate HALF the number of infections that would have otherwise occurred.

Even 10% effective drops the R0.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97 and Pinehawk
I'm always curious when I see otherwise reasonable people say things like this. Total nonsense, but you seem to believe it. But why do you believe it?
I’m always curious when I see people like you with poor memories and denying that that Pfizer and Moderna reported from their trials that there was a 90+ % efficacy rate preventing the contraction of Covid.

That is a fact. It didn’t turn out to be the truth. It’s certainly obvious that the vaccine helps with the outcome of those that have Covid.

WWJD, not to pick on you specifically but some of you people are mentally draining. How hard is it to get the shot or don't get the shot. Make a decision and move on. I can't imagine what it would be like to pick a couch out with some of you.

I'm not trying to hold you to any standard, I'm really telling you to look on the bright side. As you said the vaccine saved millions of live. That's fantastic and a success.

I've heard others who say people lied to them. Let's be honest, when aren't you lied to? Every single day someone lies. I'm sure you kids have lied to you. When you're told something, you should always use your BS meter to set your own expectations. When they were claiming certain things about the vaccine, my answer was, that sounds great, I hope it's true. Not everyone has the same expectation as you. The weatherman can claim it's going to rain but we all know not to bet on it. Don't take things so literal, there's away a grey area to anything. Sit back and be happy the vaccine saved millions of lives, it's a much better place to be in then being mad about everything.
When Joe Biden said he was going to sign an executive order that mandated the shots for pretty much EVERYONE until the Supreme Court stepped in and said "No, Joe, you can't do that.", he said it was because they would stop the spread, that if you get the shot(s) you won't get covid. Words matter.

I'm not mad about anything, and I'm trying very hard to give the vaccines as much benefit of the doubt that I can. Since we were told they protected against infection and spread, and they really don't, I just don't know how much credit they deserve for preventing severe illness and death, especially for younger people who statistically weren't ever much in danger to begin with. With or without a vaccine, there's been MUCH fewer deaths among people 50 and under than the "rare" breakthrough cases for the vaccinated.

Reactions: Pinehawk
We "rushed out" these vaccines, because we had no other options.

There haven't been "universal" vaccines for the common cold or flu ever, despite decades of work.

Covid vaccines are no different - the "new" ones are not specifically "improvements", they are altered versions which are targeting the new circulating variants. JUST LIKE we do with flu every year.
And yet in just a few months, we created a safe and effective vaccine for a novel virus and stuck 80% of the planet with it... seems legit.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
I'm always curious when I see otherwise reasonable people say things like this. Total nonsense, but you seem to believe it. But why do you believe it?
What part has been debunked? Biden said it, multiple times.

July 21, 2021

PANDEMIC

BIDEN: “If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the IC unit, and you’re not going to die.” — town hall.

BIDEN: “You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.” — town hall.

BIDEN, asked about vaccinated people who get infected: “It may be possible, I know of none where they’re hospitalized, in ICU and or have passed away so at a minimum I can say even if they did contract it, which I’m sorry they did, it’s such a tiny percentage and it’s not life threatening.” — remarks to reporters after the event.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Seems like people have completely forgotten the 'herd immunity' that experts kept telling us that society would achieve if an ambiguous percent of the population was vaccinated. The number kept changing, and they eventually dropped the 'herd immunity' angle once they realized it wasn't true. But, it was very much driving the push for vaccines early on, with the promise that the virus would be eradicated if enough people were vaccinated.
Selective memory I guess.

I remember that. I also remember the people who said if we all went out and got covid it would be over too.

What part has been debunked? Biden said it, multiple times.

July 21, 2021

PANDEMIC

BIDEN: “If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the IC unit, and you’re not going to die.” — town hall.

BIDEN: “You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.” — town hall.

BIDEN, asked about vaccinated people who get infected: “It may be possible, I know of none where they’re hospitalized, in ICU and or have passed away so at a minimum I can say even if they did contract it, which I’m sorry they did, it’s such a tiny percentage and it’s not life threatening.” — remarks to reporters after the event.
First, if those are actual quotes, he overstated. That happens, you know. And when it happens, and when we are repeatedly updated for years with the correct information, only children keep saying "but you said...."

Why do you engage in this blatantly disingenuous performance?

And yet in just a few months, we created a safe and effective vaccine for a novel virus and stuck 80% of the planet with it... seems legit.

It took a year to develop and test it

It was ANOTHER YEAR before we vaccinated "most" people

And we're nowhere near "80% of the planet" being vaccinated.

What we DO KNOW is that nearly everywhere we have higher vaccination rates, we have LOWER excess deaths rates. There is a clear trend on this.

When Joe Biden said he was going to sign an executive order that mandated the shots for pretty much EVERYONE until the Supreme Court stepped in and said "No, Joe, you can't do that.", he said it was because they would stop the spread, that if you get the shot(s) you won't get covid. Words matter.

I'm not mad about anything, and I'm trying very hard to give the vaccines as much benefit of the doubt that I can. Since we were told they protected against infection and spread, and they really don't, I just don't know how much credit they deserve for preventing severe illness and death, especially for younger people who statistically weren't ever much in danger to begin with. With or without a vaccine, there's been MUCH fewer deaths among people 50 and under than the "rare" breakthrough cases for the vaccinated.
Sometimes you just have to listen to yourself. You said you thought the vaccine saved millions of lives. Just go with that and be happy. You're letting your political views (I'm guessing) cloud your overall view of the vaccine. Words matter but we're all human, we all say things that may or may not end up to be true. Some times they're true in the moment (for what we know). Honestly, are you really going to take what Biden said for actual medical truth? He's repeating his interpretation of something that someone said to him. I'm certainly not going to listen to any President when it comes to medical decisions.

I'm not asking you to give any person credit. I don't know who to give credit to and I don't care. I'm just glad I here to post on this board. I got the vaccine and I'm here, one of my best friends chose not to get it and he's now been dead for a couple of years. Did I make the right decision, I don't know for sure but based on my friend, I think I did.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Sometimes you just have to listen to yourself. You said you thought the vaccine saved millions of lives. Just go with that and be happy. You're letting your political views (I'm guessing) cloud your overall view of the vaccine. Words matter but we're all human, we all say things that may or may not end up to be true. Some times they're true in the moment (for what we know). Honestly, are you really going to take what Biden said for actual medical truth? He's repeating his interpretation of something that someone said to him. I'm certainly not going to listen to any President when it comes to medical decisions.

I'm not asking you to give any person credit. I don't know who to give credit to and I don't care. I'm just glad I here to post on this board. I got the vaccine and I'm here, one of my best friends chose not to get it and he's now been dead for a couple of years. Did I make the right decision, I don't know for sure but based on my friend, I think I did.
I know someone who died of lung cancer and never smoked a day in their life. I'm very happy for you and everyone else who is still here regardless of their vaccine status. This isn't a political issue for me, it runs deeper than right vs left, if the situation was reversed and the left was against the Trump juice and the right couldn't get jabbed enough, I wouldn't think any different.

Reactions: Scruddy
It took a year to develop and test it

It was ANOTHER YEAR before we vaccinated "most" people

And we're nowhere near "80% of the planet" being vaccinated.

What we DO KNOW is that nearly everywhere we have higher vaccination rates, we have LOWER excess deaths rates. There is a clear trend on this.
A year huh... makes sense they were working on the vaccine when the virus got out.

Is that 3 shots total?
I don’t think that is correct unless you got the single shot J&J like I did. The others were two shots. Then there was a booster and then a bivalent booster. I have had 3 shots but most people 4. Now there is the new vax not yet available in my area.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I don’t think that is correct unless you got the single shot J&J like I did. The others were two shots. Then there was a booster and then a bivalent booster. I have had 3 shots but most people 4. Now there is the new vax not yet available in my area.

I think full vaxxed means at least 4 shots total.

I emailed my doctor's office to ask.

I wonder why the left is so desperate to rewrite history and their behavior during the pandemic??

Read the actual standard, Cletus:

with an exception for employers that instead establish, implement, and enforce a policy allowing employees who are not fully vaccinated to elect to undergo weekly COVID-19 testing and wear a face covering at the workplace.

Seems like the "laughing emoji" is the anti-vaxxer equivalent of a "white flag" in this thread.

Pretty much their only answer to anything here...

• Haha
Reactions: KFsdisciple
It's fair to say the vaccine was not all it was cracked up to be, and in some people, the side effects were much more severe than was known at the time (sore arm, fever, cold/flu symptoms were all disclosed as potential side effects).

This is obviously a risk with a vaccine developed and rolled out so quickly. The fact that some went so far as to require it or penalize those who didn't get it is where this went wrong.

It should have simply been made available to those who wanted it, and that's it. The left (and fauchi/CDC) is obviously to blame for this overreach. Just accept responsibility, deal with whatever lawsuits and judgements come from it, and then move on. And don't do it again. Simple. Mistakes were made.
Yep and more republicans died because they believed false information regarding Covid shots. I’ve discussed this many times. 30-50 year olds defiant even on their death beds.

It’s true, the side effects are real. I gained an inch on my already massive schlong thanks to the damn things.
I'm sorry for your gain. As a urologist, I lead a help group of HROT members suffering from Dickus Maximus. It's difficult for people to cope with since it's one of the few things that their massive fortunes can't simply spend to make go aaway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT