ADVERTISEMENT

Women say COVID vaccines affected their periods. A new study adds to mounting evidence.

I guess I'm just lucky, but I was very sick and in bed for at least 48 hours after each Covid shot. I haven't gotten the new one yet, but I assume it will be the same. I get them on a Friday around noon and by midnight or so I am sicker than I have been in years. Saturday is horrible and Sunday is about the same and Monday is ok but not great. I had Covid once that I know of and only found out through donating blood, had no symptoms at all.
You probably haven't had covid... they found the spike protein in your blood from your repeated shots.

Fully vaccinated is 5 shots.

That's under 20% of Americans, from what I saw on the news.

If you can find some different data, let me know.

About 97.1% of the U.S. population over 16 has gotten at least one dose, and about 82.7% of those over 16 are fully vaccinated. About 75.5% of the adult population is fully vaccinated.

That's from 2022.

Fully vaccinated is 5 shots.

Defining Fully Vaccinated

According to the CDC and Mayo Clinic, individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine Moderna or Pfizer) is administered two weeks after the second dose of the Novavax vaccine and two weeks after the single dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine.

On September 30, 2022, the CDC published a new definition regarding what it means to be up-to-date on your covid vaccinations. According to the September report, individuals are “up-to-date” if they have received either two doses of mRNA or one dose of Johnson and Johnson and the most recent recommended booster dose.

The “up-to-date” vaccination term is part of a widespread incitive to reduce the spread of covid as we enter flu season. The goal is to protect more individuals against the highly contagious omicron variants. Recent reports have stated that the up-to-date terminology could change what is classified as “fully vaccinated.” The CDC has outlined guidelines for specific populations that should meet the up-to-date criteria. According to the CDC individuals are considered Up-To-Date if they meet the following guidelines:

• An individual who has completed a primary series and received a booster is up to date.
  • An individual who has completed a primary series and is not yet eligible for a booster is up to date.
And Not Up-To-Date if they meet the following criteria:

• An individual who has completed a primary series and is eligible for a booster, but has not received a booster, is not up to date.

Bottom Line

As of October 2022, the definition of what it means to be fully vaccinated remains the same: two standard doses of Moderna, Pfizer, or Novavax (for 18 years and older) or the single-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine. With the CDC changing the terms of what it means to be up-to-date on vaccines, experts suggest that "fully vaccinated" might evolve to include 3rd doses and updated booster shots.

Defining Fully Vaccinated

According to the CDC and Mayo Clinic, individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine Moderna or Pfizer) is administered two weeks after the second dose of the Novavax vaccine and two weeks after the single dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine.

On September 30, 2022, the CDC published a new definition regarding what it means to be up-to-date on your covid vaccinations. According to the September report, individuals are “up-to-date” if they have received either two doses of mRNA or one dose of Johnson and Johnson and the most recent recommended booster dose.

The “up-to-date” vaccination term is part of a widespread incitive to reduce the spread of covid as we enter flu season. The goal is to protect more individuals against the highly contagious omicron variants. Recent reports have stated that the up-to-date terminology could change what is classified as “fully vaccinated.” The CDC has outlined guidelines for specific populations that should meet the up-to-date criteria. According to the CDC individuals are considered Up-To-Date if they meet the following guidelines:

• An individual who has completed a primary series and received a booster is up to date.
  • An individual who has completed a primary series and is not yet eligible for a booster is up to date.
And Not Up-To-Date if they meet the following criteria:

• An individual who has completed a primary series and is eligible for a booster, but has not received a booster, is not up to date.

Bottom Line

As of October 2022, the definition of what it means to be fully vaccinated remains the same: two standard doses of Moderna, Pfizer, or Novavax (for 18 years and older) or the single-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine. With the CDC changing the terms of what it means to be up-to-date on vaccines, experts suggest that "fully vaccinated" might evolve to include 3rd doses and updated booster shots.

Please find current information. That's a year old.

I'd be shocked if your figure is true.

No way.

I bet it's at least 45%. That just seems very low to me.
I recently read that only 20% of people are fully vaccinated (not including this new one) through the last booster. Very few people got that booster. I think this new one will be less than 10%. And it isn't just MAGA at all, it is most people not being interested in the Covid vaccines. I know many people that got the first set and then no more.

2 shots total is not fully vaxxed.

Not sure if that's true but I'm no expert.

You are saying 5 shots?

Are those boosters as well???

Receiving a booster doesn't mean you are fully vaccinated but rather that you’re up to date with the highest level of protection against COVID-19.

You are saying 5 shots?

Receiving a booster doesn't mean you are fully vaccinated but rather that you’re up to date with the highest level of protection against COVID-19.

I think 5 shots is fully vaxxed, perhaps it's 4.

That includes boosters.

You are saying 5 shots?

well as much as those shots will protect you, assuming they do.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
You're officially 'fully vaccinated' with the initial two shot series.
You're officially 'up to date' with 1 additional booster.

I think 5 shots is fully vaxxed, perhaps it's 4.

That includes boosters.

I honestly don't know and don't have a dog in this fight.

What I do know:

The definition of fully vaccinated varies depending on the country, region, or organization setting the standard.

For example, in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) considers a person fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if:

• They have received the recommended number of doses of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine.
  • Completed the recommended waiting period after their final dose.

I honestly don't know and don't have a dog in this fight.

What I do know:

The definition of fully vaccinated varies depending on the country, region, or organization setting the standard.

For example, in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) considers a person fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if:

• They have received the recommended number of doses of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine.
  • Completed the recommended waiting period after their final dose.

I'm pretty sure fully vaxxed means 5 shots.

I hope you hold the CDC director and the President of the United States to that standard, not lil ole me. I wasn't the one who claimed you wouldn't get infected if you got the shot(s) that was them.

Once you've lied to me, to my face, everything becomes fruit of a poisonous tree. I don't consider the rhetoric they spewed as embellishment, it was outright lies. So even if now they want to tell the truth and say the shots don't stop the spread but they could save your life, you'll have to forgive me if I don't take them at their word.
I'm not trying to hold you to any standard, I'm really telling you to look on the bright side. As you said the vaccine saved millions of live. That's fantastic and a success.

I've heard others who say people lied to them. Let's be honest, when aren't you lied to? Every single day someone lies. I'm sure you kids have lied to you. When you're told something, you should always use your BS meter to set your own expectations. When they were claiming certain things about the vaccine, my answer was, that sounds great, I hope it's true. Not everyone has the same expectation as you. The weatherman can claim it's going to rain but we all know not to bet on it. Don't take things so literal, there's away a grey area to anything. Sit back and be happy the vaccine saved millions of lives, it's a much better place to be in then being mad about everything.

• Wow
Reactions: Pinehawk
I can't tell if you're being intentionally stupid, or actually can't understand the CDC guidance.

I can't understand it.

Please post where it says how many total vaccines means a person is fully vaccinated in September, 2023.

I can't understand it.

Please post where it says how many total vaccines means a person is fully vaccinated in September, 2023.

What You Need to Know​

• CDC recommends the 2023–2024 updated COVID-19 vaccines.
  • Everyone aged 5 years and older should get 1 dose of the updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to protect against serious illness from COVID-19.

Recommendation for Everyone Aged 5 Years and Older​

Get 1 updated COVID-19 vaccine​

Everyone aged 5 years and older should get 1 updated COVID-19 vaccine, at least two months after getting the last dose of any COVID-19 vaccine.

When Are You Up to Date?​

Everyone aged 5 years and older​

You are up to date when you get 1 updated COVID-19 vaccine.

What You Need to Know​

• CDC recommends the 2023–2024 updated COVID-19 vaccines.
  • Everyone aged 5 years and older should get 1 dose of the updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to protect against serious illness from COVID-19.

Recommendation for Everyone Aged 5 Years and Older​

Get 1 updated COVID-19 vaccine​

Everyone aged 5 years and older should get 1 updated COVID-19 vaccine, at least two months after getting the last dose of any COVID-19 vaccine.

That doesn't say how many total vaccines means a person is fully vaccinated.

Can you post that info?

What is the difference between 'fully vaccinated' and 'up to date'?

You are up to date when you have received all COVID-19 vaccine dose(s) recommended for you by CDC. People are best protected when they “stay up to date” with COVID-19 vaccinations:

“Fully vaccinated” is not the same as having the best protection that staying up to date provides. You were “fully vaccinated” when you had completed only a primary series based on your age, health status, and vaccine type. Thus, you can be “fully vaccinated” and not have completed all vaccine doses recommended for you, which is called “up to date”. Currently, only Novavax has a recommendation for a primary series.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

What is the difference between 'fully vaccinated' and 'up to date'?

You are up to date when you have received all COVID-19 vaccine dose(s) recommended for you by CDC. People are best protected when they “stay up to date” with COVID-19 vaccinations:

“Fully vaccinated” is not the same as having the best protection that staying up to date provides. You were “fully vaccinated” when you had completed only a primary series based on your age, health status, and vaccine type. Thus, you can be “fully vaccinated” and not have completed all vaccine doses recommended for you, which is called “up to date”. Currently, only Novavax has a recommendation for a primary series.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

I'm not sure. It's all pretty confusing.

I wish they would post how many vaccines a person should get for the best protection.

I think it's 5 shots so far.

I'm always curious when I see otherwise reasonable people say things like this. Total nonsense, but you seem to believe it. But why do you believe it?
Because that's what they told everyone. Why don't you want believe it?

• Primary efficacy analysis demonstrates BNT162b2 to be 95% effective against COVID-19 beginning 28 days after the first dose;170 confirmed cases of COVID-19 were evaluated, with 162 observed in the placebo group versus 8 in the vaccine group
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-r...ntech-conclude-phase-3-study-covid-19-vaccine

It is imperative to dispel any ambiguity about how vaccine efficacy shown in trials translates into protecting individuals and populations. The mRNA-based Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were shown to have 94–95% efficacy in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, calculated as 100 × (1 minus the attack rate with vaccine divided by the attack rate with placebo).

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00075-X/fulltext#:~:text=vaccines were shown to have,the attack rate with placebo).

How well it works: Moderna’s initial Phase 3 clinical data in December 2020 was similar to Pfizer-BioNTech’s—at that point, both vaccines showed about 95% efficacy for prevention of COVID-19. Later data on real-world effectiveness for adults showed that the protection from the mRNA two-dose primary series wanes over time, but booster doses bring the immune system back to robust levels.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-19-vaccine-comparison

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT