ADVERTISEMENT

Women's tournament thread

I definitely wish it was an easier road, but if we win our regional and make it to the F4, it will be a major statement. 🤞 And if we win the whole tournament, Caitlin will be stamped, and it will be monumental for our program. One game at a time, and I can't wait to watch.

I am not a fan of them putting a team Iowa played twice, out of conference, as a potential sweet 16 game. But I guess KSU is better matchup than LSU. Of course they put them in Iowa’s region though…

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I am not a fan of them putting a team Iowa played twice, out of conference, as a potential sweet 16 game. But I guess KSU is better matchup than LSU. Of course they put them in Iowa’s region though…
Kind of had a feeling this Iowa team loses in the Elite 8 all year.

Only good thing is that it may not be LSU that takes them down.

WVU doesn't have a ton of size but have very quick guards. They lead all P6 teams in forcing 24 turnovers per game. They hold opponents to 57ppg. Known for their pressure man defense and full court press. They were ranked for a time this season and projected as a 6- or 7-seed in most bracketology.

I believe they press, possibly Princeton as well.

Last year only 2 number 1 seeds made the final 4. But if the great 8 follows seeding, I think only South Carolina will be heavily favored

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I believe they press, possibly Princeton as well.
I think that would be a mistake. We've played several really good teams right out of their press in the last two years. Hell OSU had to pull that shit off the last three times we played them because we we're shredding them. The press only opens the floor more with bigger gaps, and thats a disaster against a facilitator like CC....

Two things-

1. Of f***ing course Louisville chokes so that we can't get an LSU team in their own heads matching up against Louisville. That just guarantees LSU will be waiting in the Elite 8 because I have zero confidence UCLA, nor the refs, will do us any favors.

2. The f*** were MTSU's players doing after the game with all the hand gestures? Was that something they do because they're Blue "Raiders"? Or were they obnoxiously mocking Loyola after winning the game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT