ADVERTISEMENT

WTF is wrong with people?

"Go die in a car crash like Chris Street Jackass" yuck...

giphy.gif

There’s lots of bad things about social media, one of the good things though, is that to say something like that it’s pretty clear you are probably a bad human being.....and because he posted it publicly, it will come back to him.

The only other person I can think of who has said such awful things, things so horrific that no other decent human being would say them, happens to be the 45th president of the United States.

Let's not turn this into political conversation, as I'd prefer this thread remain laser-focused on highlighting the piece of shit who made the Street comment.

Once again. Kirk Ferentz is a genius for keeping players off social media
He really is. Nothing good or positive comes from social media so other coaches should enforce a ban on it during the season also. Insta all the pics you want, but force them off Twitter. Its a cesspool.

Reactions: owenhawk
The only other person I can think of who has said such awful things, things so horrific that no other decent human being would say them, happens to be the 45th president of the United States.
Your comments are so stupid and do not belong on this site. You forgot the last sentence of his remarks. Then come back and show us how.

The person who wrote that is a sick and twisted human being.

Social media is a BIG part of what is wrong with our society today - this site included. I wish people would stop making assumptions about an entire fanbase based upon the opinions of a small minority. We all know that every fanbase has it's share of idiots; most people are decent human beings who recognize that what this sick f#*k wrote is awful.

I went to the game last night with my family - we went to Hickory Park beforehand and saw the Bohannon family come in after us. One of my good friends (who coached all four boys at Linn-Mar) has nothing but great things to say about Jason, Zach, Matt, and Jordan. All great kids who work their butt off (both in the classroom and on the court). I met Zach once and came away very impressed with the quality of his character.

As an ISU fan, I wasn't too upset with the game last night. Iowa simply kicked their butt. They played well and deserved to win.

The person who wrote that is a sick and twisted human being.

Social media is a BIG part of what is wrong with our society today - this site included. I wish people would stop making assumptions about an entire fanbase based upon the opinions of a small minority. We all know that every fanbase has it's share of idiots; most people are decent human beings who recognize that what this sick f#*k wrote is awful.

I went to the game last night with my family - we went to Hickory Park beforehand and saw the Bohannon family come in after us. One of my good friends (who coached all four boys at Linn-Mar) has nothing but great things to say about Jason, Zach, Matt, and Jordan. All great kids who work their butt off (both in the classroom and on the court). I met Zach once and came away very impressed with the quality of his character.

As an ISU fan, I wasn't too upset with the game last night. Iowa simply kicked their butt. They played well and deserved to win.

<standingovation.gif>
<internetfistbump>

Here we go again. You have some very insightful comments on Iowa hoops which I often like and respond to, but your overreach with the political stuff is in poor taste and shows a lack of respect for the rest of us. If you are so concerned about civility and manners then demonstrate them by sticking to Iowa hoops and removing your Michael Moore inspired tagline. You aren't #resisting anything in here because we want to discuss Iowa hoops not politics.

Here we go again. You have some very insightful comments on Iowa hoops which I often like and respond to, but your overreach with the political stuff is in poor taste and shows a lack of respect for the rest of us. If you are so concerned about civility and manners then demonstrate them by sticking to Iowa hoops and removing your Michael Moore inspired tagline. You aren't #resisting anything in here because we want to discuss Iowa hoops not politics.
Agree. The political crap needs to stay on the off topic board, where the idiots hang out.

I think it's just twitter they are banned from. Players are still on Instagram, FB, Vine (when it was around) and Snapchat.

Correct. I believe their other social accounts have to be open to only friends/followers and they have to let hte coaches follow/friend them too. It's not like KF has the total social media lockdown, but Twitter is the most ripe for the trolls/anonymous people to engage like Mr. Sandusky chose to.

Maybe his account disappeared after he kicked in the door of the wrong apartment and the resident of that apartment ensured that he'd never tweet again.

Do you jump on the people who spew their conservative crap and hatred of libs like Warner? Cuz those are just as frequent, just don't see much push back. 45 mocks disabled people and tries to bully a 16 yr old girl on the autism spectrum....just to name a couple. Might not want to hear it but its valid point considering people are holding a Twitter poster more accountable than the guy they voted for to be President

Last edited:
Do you jump on the people who spew their conservative crap and hatred of libs like Warner? Cuz those are just as frequent, just don't see much push back. 45 mocks disabled people and tries to bully a 16 yr old girl on the autism spectrum....just to name a couple. Might not want to hear it but its valid point considering people are holding a Twitter poster more accountable than the guy they voted for to be President
Uh ... there's another board titled "Off Topic" ... for the political bullshit ... Just stop ...

Every fan base has their guys. Iowa and everyone else has them too.

QUOTE="Call me rocket, post: 7183437, member: 100277"]And there it is. Add this to the long list of embarrassing cyclone behavior.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: And1Hawk
amen

He really is. Nothing good or positive comes from social media so other coaches should enforce a ban on it during the season also. Insta all the pics you want, but force them off Twitter. Its a cesspool.

I still remember when that first came up and people portrayed him as being out of touch and another reason he needed to go. It probably started with him being an old-fashioned guy, but it's still a policy that looks smarter every single day.

I've seen/heard comments from former players who admitted to griping about it at the time, but also admitting later that yeah, it was probably a wise move in hindsight to keep young, dumb college students off twitter.

Reactions: owenhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT