ADVERTISEMENT

WTF just happened at Trump's Rally?

Local officer retreated rather than engaging with the shooter

Officer encountered Trump rally gunman moments before shooting: Source | NewsNation Now

• Wow
Reactions: ThiccJimXXX
Local officer retreated rather than engaging with the shooter

Officer encountered Trump rally gunman moments before shooting: Source | NewsNation Now

I take it as he ducked when the gun was pointed at him, causing the shooter to hurry his shots and miss Trump. He was killed almost immediately after firing the shots.

I take it as he ducked when the gun was pointed at him, causing the shooter to hurry his shots and miss Trump. He was killed almost immediately after firing the shots.

Officer went back down the ladder after shooter pointed his rifle at him

Like with Parkland and Uvalde, I don’t entirely blame the officer. Police around the country have repeatedly shown us that they are unwilling to take on a person with an AR-15 while only armed with a 9 MM. The answer is to ban these weapons.

That said all of these officers could have done more. Fire off some shots on your way down the ladder. If nothing else, that stalls the shooter and alerts the agents around Cheeto. They could have tackled him several seconds sooner.

Officer went back down the ladder after shooter pointed his rifle at him

Like with Parkland and Uvalde, I don’t entirely blame the officer. Police around the country have repeatedly shown us that they are unwilling to take on a person with an AR-15 while only armed with a 9 MM. The answer is to ban these weapons.

That said all of these officers could have done more. Fire off some shots on your way down the ladder. If nothing else, that stalls the shooter and alerts the agents around Cheeto. They could have tackled him several seconds sooner.

Almost certainly "hurried" the shooter up so that he could not get a cleaner shot off.

Based on the sounds of the shots? You know the AR-15 used .223 Remington or 5.56 rounds ?
Yes based on the sound of the shots I knew immediately it was a high caliber rifle and probably an AR15 and not a paintball, pellet gun, handgun or .22

Reactions: ClarindaA's
cb6a99e6aacece7e208d32f65bcd04d8da10cd13614c05fd60509e288b1b5abe.png

Reactions: naturalbornhawk
SIAP

Law enforcement sources said bystanders spotted the shooter with a rifle on a roof about 400 feet from where Trump was speaking in Butler, Pennsylvania, and reported his presence to authorities. The sheriff of Butler County said a local police officer was hoisted by another officer to look onto the roof. The shooter pointed his rifle toward the officer, who let go and fell off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT