ADVERTISEMENT

WTT Challenge seeds

I like seeing Fix and Gross on the opposite side of Austin.
Let them fight through each other to get to him.

Who would people rather see make the finals opposite Desanto?

Fix or Gross

Gross for sure. Fix holds ground and is tougher to score on. I think he'd beat Desanto in a snooze fest. Gross is always dangerous, but at least we know Desanto can score on him. He's never scored an offensive point on Fix.

I would lean Gross as well, especially since we just watched Desanto beat him.

However, I recently had a conversation about Desanto/Fix and something was said that has me thinking.

They pointed out that Fix's mat wrestling was typically the deciding factor in his wins over Desanto. Could be a whole different match with Freestyle rules.

I would lean Gross as well, especially since we just watched Desanto beat him.

However, I recently had a conversation about Desanto/Fix and something was said that has me thinking.

They pointed out that Fix's mat wrestling was typically the deciding factor in his wins over Desanto. Could be a whole different match with Freestyle rules.
It was only a deciding factor the first time they wrestled. Austin got away quickly every other time and lost by takedowns.

Career takedown differential is 3-0 Fix.

Desanto will have a big challenge in garrett/thomasello in the semis. I believe these two are 1 and 1 but could be wrong. Who is a more favorable opponent for desanto? I think Garrett would be more problematic with his quickness myself.

Desanto will have a big challenge in garrett/thomasello in the semis. I believe these two are 1 and 1 but could be wrong. Who is a more favorable opponent for desanto? I think Garrett would be more problematic with his quickness myself.
Thomasello is way more defensive and very hard to get an attack on, slow and methodical but could be tough on Desanto like a Fix or RBY match. I havent seen Nato in a long time and have no idea what level he is wrestling at right now. Desanto has looked much better in finishing with these types in freestyle. I really hope to see a Desanto vs Fix final tomorrow.

Reactions: natchrlman
Thomasello is way more defensive and very hard to get an attack on, slow and methodical but could be tough on Desanto like a Fix or RBY match. I havent seen Nato in a long time and have no idea what level he is wrestling at right now. Desanto has looked much better in finishing with these types in freestyle. I really hope to see a Desanto vs Fix final tomorrow.
Garrett has the home run potential to put the match away early, but ADS has shown that he can outlast him and win the second going away if he makes it there. NaTo is tougher to score on but still good enough offensively to pose the opposite type of problem. I think I'd rather ADS faces NaTo but either way it will be a tough match and hopefully ADS can win

Reactions: sdvike and kjmzoey
Yeah. I think Austin has become a better freestyler since then. He seems more calculated with his shots and has better defense against TDs. Par terre offense has improved as well.

Or at least I think/hope so. Garrett is very dangerous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT