ADVERTISEMENT

X. Foster

showtime641

Team MVP
Gold Member
May 9, 2016
Saw that he got 9 mins today and didn't start. Someone more familiar with IaSt, do they have enough talent in front of Foster where he won't start this year? Or just easing him into the flow of college hoops?

Saw that he got 9 mins today and didn't start. Someone more familiar with IaSt, do they have enough talent in front of Foster where he won't start this year? Or just easing him into the flow of college hoops?
Solo and Conditt are both proven at the P5 level. Along with the fact Iowa State would prefer to play 4 guards and 1 big there is a logjam of sorts for the 1 forward spot with him being behind 2 upper classman.

Solo and Conditt scored 2 points each against Pine Bluff. Mighty stiff competition
When 3 guys score 17, 14, and 16 we didn't need them to do much. Iowa State has a very guard heavy offense and it usually always shows. Foster will get more time as the season progresses. Being sick and having a concussion put him behind more than he already was. But Solo is the starter till someone pushes him out.

When 3 guys score 17, 14, and 16 we didn't need them to do much. Iowa State has a very guard heavy offense and it usually always shows. Foster will get more time as the season progresses. Being sick and having a concussion put him behind more than he already was. But Solo is the starter till someone pushes him out.

Solo and Conditt are both limited players. Solo is comparable to Pemsl and Conditt is limited offensively.

That front court is a large reason ISU is a bottom tier team in the Big 12.

Too many 6th men but not enough starters.

Solo and Conditt are both limited players. Solo is comparable to Pemsl and Conditt is limited offensively.

That front court is a large reason ISU is a bottom tier team in the Big 12.

Too many 6th men but not enough starters.

Young is much better than Pemsl was by any metric, but you are correct. ISU lacks stars but it's not just limited to the front court. It's basically Bolton and that's it really.

Young is much better than Pemsl was by any metric, but you are correct. ISU lacks stars but it's not just limited to the front court. It's basically Bolton and that's it really.

I don't agree with that. Solo has a career average of 7 points and 4 rebounds in 20 minutes per game.

Pemsl averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds in 16 minutes.

I've seen nothing from Young to indicate he's better than Pemsl. Give Pemsl starters minutes on that ISU team and he's likely a 10/5 player.

I don't agree with that. Solo has a career average of 7 points and 4 rebounds in 20 minutes per game.

Pemsl averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds in 16 minutes.

I've seen nothing from Young to indicate he's better than Pemsl. Give Pemsl starters minutes on that ISU team and he's likely a 10/5 player.
Solo is a much better defender on the block. Thats mainly what his job as been in Ames.

Harris, and Jalen Coleman-Lands will help Bolton a ton the Season. Coleman-Lands may end up the teams leading scorer this year.

Solo is a much better defender on the block. Thats mainly what his job as been in Ames.

I disagree again. Pemsl and Young have the same career defensive box plus/minus.

Pemsl is also a substantially better rebounder with a total rebound percentage of 14% compared to Young at 11%. I think both players are interchangeable. I certainly don't see either one as significantly better than the other.

Last edited:
Harris, and Jalen Coleman-Lands will help Bolton a ton the Season. Coleman-Lands may end up the teams leading scorer this year.

And that's the problem. Coleman-Lands is a 6th man. He's a 3 and D guy.

Bolton might be the best player but he too has limitations. He's small for a shooting guard and he's bad defensively. He also has a bad turnover to assist ratio. He has similarities to Bohannon but Bohannon is a better passer and Iowa doesn't need him to be a top 2 or 3 scorer.

He'd be a combo guard 6th man on a top 25 team like he was used at Penn State.

And that's the problem. Coleman-Lands is a 6th man. He's a 3 and D guy.

Bolton might be the best player but he too has limitations. He's small for a shooting guard and he's bad defensively. He also has a bad turnover to assist ratio. He has similarities to Bohannon but Bohannon is a better passer and Iowa doesn't need him to be a top 2 or 3 scorer.

He'd be a combo guard 6th man on a top 25 team like he was used at Penn State.

Agree with everything here. The Pemsl/Young debate honestly isn't really worth having. They are both okay but nobody is trading any player for them.

I agree with this, but none of those guys are all that great.
I agree. I think Coleman-Lands, Johnson and Harris weren't bad pickups.

Like I said before though, all of those guys are 4-8 players on a good roster. They really needed a star player transfer to have a shot at the NCAA.

I agree. I think Coleman-Lands, Johnson and Harris weren't bad pickups.

Like I said before though, all of those guys are 4-8 players on a good roster. They really needed a star player transfer to have a shot at the NCAA.
Hinson not being in Ames right now hurts. Word around the program was he was the 2nd best offense player behind Coleman-Lands.

I could see Foster in the transfer portal at some point. He’s more fit for Iowa offensively.

Agree - he wants to be a stretch 4 on offense which is very similar to Nunge's role this year, and Kreiner last year. ISU is more of a 5 out team with a mobile big so Foster doesn't seem like a great fit. We are probably weakest next year at the C/PF spot with 80 mpg split between Nunge, Ogundele, Ke Murray, Kr Murray and Connor (Patrick isn't playing PF). We're short at least 1 true big and if Ogundele isn't ready we'll be playing a lot of small ball with 4 combo guards playing PF all the time as Nunge will have to get C minutes.

Reactions: Hawks2424
Agree - he wants to be a stretch 4 on offense which is very similar to Nunge's role this year, and Kreiner last year. ISU is more of a 5 out team with a mobile big so Foster doesn't seem like a great fit. We are probably weakest next year at the C/PF spot with 80 mpg split between Nunge, Ogundele, Ke Murray, Kr Murray P and Connor (Patrick isn't playing PF). We're short at least 1 true big and if Ogundele isn't ready we'll be playing a lot of small ball with 4 combo guards playing PF all the time as Nunge will have to get C minutes.
After all the shit Iowa fans said to him after he committed to ISU he will never transfer to Iowa imo.

After all the shit Iowa fans said to him after he committed to ISU he will never transfer to Iowa imo.
I'm not sure where he fits for us if he wants to be a 4. PMac, the Murray twins and Sandfort will all be stretch 4's. Nunge will start at the 5 the next two years.

Not with the same passion.

Ok

ku_bkc_isu_22-1024x660.jpg

I'm not sure where he fits for us if he wants to be a 4. PMac, the Murray twins and Sandfort will all be stretch 4's. Nunge will start at the 5 the next two years.

I think Keegan is a 3 and Kris a 4 (both can play either tho) so if Joe W goes pro I think Patrick and Keegan split time at 3 and Kris / Keegan can split time at 4 but you’d still want a bigger type for diversity.

Agree Sandfort if he kept growing is a 4.

Pemsl taking it to former ISU transfer Luke Anderson tonight. 10 points and 6 rebounds on 4/5 shooting.

Here is what @Hayes_30 said on CF just over a couple months ago.

"Iowa has the best player in the state. But 2-12 Iowa State has the better roster."

"Iowa has the best player in the state. But 2-12 Iowa State has the better roster."

Lmfao - we may have 4 or 5 guys better than their best guy.

I wouldn't trade Garza, Wieskamp, Pat, CJ or Bohannon for any of their guys. From what I've seen from Keegan, not sure I'd trade him too. The jury is still out on Nunge. If he lives up to the preseason hype then he is probably another guy I wouldn't trade for any ISU player.

I said it on here too.

Lmfao - we may have 4 or 5 guys better than their best guy.

I wouldn't trade Garza, Wieskamp, Pat, CJ or Bohannon for any of their guys. From what I've seen from Keegan, not sure I'd trade him too. The jury is still out on Nunge. If he lives up to the preseason hype then he is probably another guy I wouldn't trade for any ISU player.

Take out Garza and Bolton (who I think is their best player) and 2-12 on each team looks like:

Wieskamp
Fredrick
Connor
Bohannon
Nunge
Patrick
Toussaint
Ke. Murray
Ulis
Perkins
Kr. Murray

Young
Coleman Lands
Harris
Johnson
Jackson
Dubar
Blackwell
Foster
Walker
Conditt
Pick your walk on

That group for ISU is straight trash.

1. Garza
2. Wieskamp
3. P. McCaffery
4. Fredrick
T5. Bolton/Bohannon
7. Ke. Murray
8. Harris
9. C. McCaffery
10. Coleman-Lands
11. Jackson
12. Toussaint
13. Johnson
14. Nunge
15. Young
16. Conditt
17. Dubar

I disagree. He's the 3rd most talented player on our roster. A 6'9" who can score at all three levels. I don't know if he'll be the 3rd most productive but if I'm building a team from these two rosters, he's absolutely my 3rd overall draft choice behind Garza and Wieskamp.

Is your list based on how good they are right now or potential? Drafting a team is a lot different than setting a rotation and Patrick is at best the 6th man at Iowa so I have a hard time seeing him #3 overall between the Iowa and ISU rosters.

Is your list based on how good they are right now or potential? Drafting a team is a lot different than setting a rotation and Patrick is at best the 6th man at Iowa so I have a hard time seeing him #3 overall between the Iowa and ISU rosters.

I'm basing it on current talent.

Rotation is a dumb argument when ranking the talent of both rosters. For example, Connor is an excellent glue guy as proven by his nation leading assist to TO ratio. I support him as a rotational starter, however, if choosing a 1 on 1 matchup, then Pat is far more talented.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT