ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster - no longer a Cyclone

AuroraHawk

HB Heisman
Dec 18, 2004
Sounds like some “bad conduct” got him kicked off the team.

So much for that intrastate recruiting win by ISU.

Dismissed before findings? Suspend maybe….

I just read the story. One can certainly put two and two together. The police have his DNA results but indicated that the speed of the process is being guided by the alleged victim. I’m fairly confident that ISU’s new head coach has talked to him about the situation and they must not like what they’ve heard.

Pretty sure that the Hawkeyes and Fran would no longer be interested in him playing for Iowa either, no inside information, just speculation on my part

Reactions: crstuff
Pretty sure that the Hawkeyes and Fran would no longer be interested in him playing for Iowa either, no inside information, just speculation on my part
I’m sure that’s the case.

If the story has legs and XF gets charged, it could be a career ender.

Investigation goes back to October 2020. By CF standards, this means ISU has a sexual assault culture. I’m not suggesting there is, but I’m sure the good folks over there will be calling for Pollards head based on their comments about Kirk.
if it goes that far back its a bit suspicious--get rid of a player that is always injured. . But of course, sexual assault should be punished, if true.

I am guessing there is no debate that XF had relations with the girl. if the Iowa State Daily article is accurate there is probably evidence that XF contacted the alleged victim via social media or Facetime. That she went to the hospital for a rape exam the morning after the incident gives weight to her story. That they went for DNA evidence nine months later probably means she was hesitant about accusing him of assault.

Reactions: Bravehawk56
Investigation goes back to October 2020. By CF standards, this means ISU has a sexual assault culture. I’m not suggesting there is, but I’m sure the good folks over there will be calling for Pollards head based on their comments about Kirk.
Apparently the MBB recruits/players at ISU don't have that 5* culture that we hear about from their football team.

Dismissing him further lowers expectations for Oodleberger's team this winter. They just might not surpass that banner season of last year.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Fran and the Hawks dodged a bullet there. Disappointed in that young man if true. He’s probably cratered any future he had in BB if found guilty.

Reactions: amahawk
I am guessing there is no debate that XF had relations with the girl. if the Iowa State Daily article is accurate there is probably evidence that XF contacted the alleged victim via social media or Facetime. That she went to the hospital for a rape exam the morning after the incident gives weight to her story. That they went for DNA evidence nine months later probably means she was hesitant about accusing him of assault.
I cant imagine how tough the last year has been on this girl. The assault clearly awful but pursuing charges over something that's gonna bring a TON of attention took a lot of guts. I hope we can consider her and keep the jokes to minimum. Such a shame all around

The DNA collection in June is less legally significant than it sounds-although it could also be the last piece of evidence needed and the state wanted to maintain confidentiality in the investigation without alerting Foster. The DNA would only prove sexual contact and not if the sexual contact was consensual or not.

From the facts we already know the girl told the story to authorities (medical) almost immediately after the alleged event and that is a significant factor in a jury's assessment of credibility. Love to see the social media communication exchange (which we will not see if the case does not go to trial) which would be as close to contemporaneous as you get get in an otherwise private situation. The most arcane details are vital in the sexual assault/domestic assault kinds of cases because so much is just one person's word against another.

I have tried three forcible rape cases. Two were clear. My first defendant was clearly guilty and the State wouldn't make a offer so he went to trial and lost. Only an idiot would have believed my client. He was just a sick ****ing bully.

The second was too close to call. I could never tell for sure. Both parties were so drunk that no one could really ascertain what actually happened. Many conflicting facts that affected credibility of boy and girl.

The third was just a vicious, and I do mean vicious, and vindictive ex. Only the presence of an equally ideological and vicious prosecutor (radical feminist) gave life to the case. The "victim" testified that she had told so many lies about the "attacker" that she could not recount each lie individually. The jury went to lunch on the state's dime, came back and returned a verdict in 20 minutes.

The pertinent part of the story is the jury interviews after their jury service ended. Always call the jurors and inquire about the case, the parties, lawyers and judge. In the first case 3 or 4 of jurors were ready to vote not guilty because, no pun intended there was no hard evidence.

The second case had 2 jurors, both college girls, holding out for conviction where all of the more mature jurors, like the judge and I thought, the facts were so blurry and both parties so unclear-and the "victim" and "attacker" were both accomplished graduate school students where no one could be found to trash either person. The jury noticed that neither side introduced any evidence about the parties biographies and wanted to know if the man had a history of aggressive behavior.

Hopefully if there is a trial the public can judge for themselves-to the extent you can without watching the actual two witnesses testify. This trial would make great news coverage if it were broadcast on like IPTV. It would be good for the public to learn sexual abuse is the easiest of crimes to accuse, among the most difficult to convict and almost always very unclear. Now that Foster has been smeared in the press it would great to see him tell his story in court, especially cross examination.

We really need to withhold judgment of guilt but we can uniformly revel in the Cyclones' misfortune.

I cant imagine how tough the last year has been on this girl. The assault clearly awful but pursuing charges over something that's gonna bring a TON of attention took a lot of guts. I hope we can consider her and keep the jokes to minimum. Such a shame all around
Jokes about him are fair game based on his decision making skills no matter a verdict.

Poor girl, terrible for her, and I am glad she's standing up for herself if this is proven in a court of law.

Reactions: walleye hunter16
Here is how the truth is disseminated at Moo U:

"He hasn’t been available for practice yet, due to some medical and health things that I probably can’t discuss, unfortunately," first-season Iowa State coach T.J. Otzelberger told a handful of reporters Tuesday.

The Iowa State Daily account is pretty lurid.

At least they made the correct choice a year after the event occurred.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT