ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster

Fantastic talent but looks super raw. I know this is a while away, but think about what a 2020-2021 lineup could look like if Fran hits on who he wants

PG: DJ Carton
SG: Joe Wieskamp
SF:
PF: Patrick McCaffery
C: Luka Garza

Xavier Foster, Jack Nunge, Connor McCaffery, etc off the bench. Not sure on SF so I left it blank. Maybe Patrick at the 3 and Nunge at the 4? That's a pretty solid lineup. Unfortunately that is a while away and Fran needs to hit on 2 big fish. We all know how he's done with that. Not good

Watching as well.

Seems like the perfect 4/5 that Fran wants in his offense. His shot is effortless. Not to mention his athletic ability has to be among the best, if not the best for any big in his class.

His defense will continue to get better as he plays with his arms down and doesn't box out now. He roams around looking for blocks. But this will be fixed along with him continuing to grow physically since he is only a sophomore.

This dude will be able to pick where he wants to go to school when it is all said and done.

Watching as well.

Seems like the perfect 4/5 that Fran wants in his offense. His shot is effortless. Not to mention his athletic ability has to be among the best, if not the best for any big in his class.

His defense will continue to get better as he plays with his arms down and doesn't box out now. He roams around looking for blocks. But this will be fixed along with him continuing to grow physically since he is only a sophomore.

This dude will be able to pick where he wants to go to school when it is all said and done.
If he plays with his arms down and doesn't box out, he'll fit right in with current players.

Watching as well.

Foster looked great. The Hawks need to land him!

Reactions: Crazy Hawk
Fantastic talent but looks super raw. I know this is a while away, but think about what a 2020-2021 lineup could look like if Fran hits on who he wants

SF:

Xavier Foster, Jack Nunge, Connor McCaffery, etc off the bench. Not sure on SF so I left it blank. Maybe Patrick at the 3 and Nunge at the 4? That's a pretty solid lineup. Unfortunately that is a while away and Fran needs to hit on 2 big fish. We all know how he's done with that. Not good

I'll be surprised if Nunge doesn't start as a Senior

Pretty easy? The prospect of that happening is virtually nil. Setting aside skill comparisons, Garza/C and Nunge/PF play different positions.
If you don't think Nunge could play the C position in a Mac lead offense you are an idiot. Speed is the name of the game and as I stated above footwork wise, Garza is far behind.

If you don't think Nunge could play the C position in a Mac lead offense you are an idiot. Speed is the name of the game and as I stated above footwork wise, Garza is far behind.
Gaza scored 400 points with those feet his first college season. Momma's got a squeezebox she wears on her chest and when Daddy comes home he never gets no rest.

Gaza scored 400 points with those feet his first college season. Momma's got a squeezebox she wears on her chest and when Daddy comes home he never gets no rest.
I didn't realize the offensive side of the ball was where Iowa was lacking last year.

Reactions: RocknRollface
19 losses would probably indicate something has to change.

Of all the things that caused losses this year Garza maybe the last thing on this list. Fran loves Garza and his non stop motor and how he plays on the court. He is only going to get better and when he is an upperclassman will bring true leadership to this team something it lacked big time this year. In fact looking back on this season Garza was one of the few bright spots on the team.

Didn't see the game but only four rebounds on the box score. Does he primarily roam the perimeter?

Watched osky at state tourney last night. Foster is a perimeter player at this point. Didn’t look comfortable in the post. His athleticism is off the charts. He got a goal tending that shouldn’t have been as he pinned it above the box. I think it fooled the ref honestly. No he doesn’t block out. Doesn’t seem to like contact but is super young. If Iowa gets him, it will shock me. He’s a one and done and will end up at a school that excels in those type players.

Why is Wieskamp a shoe-in to start?
He’s not necessarily. But consider the options and why they or Joe would be better there. If Joe is the outside threat expected, he also appears to have equal lateral quickness to Moss or Dailey for defense at SF. I sort of expect him to be a part-time starter going full-time later in the season unless we see big leaps in development to Baer, Moss, Dailey, or possibly Nunge. Who’s ready to bring it and has the tools better than JW at SF?

Foster looks great on offense. It would be great to get a big with athleticism and toughness, a rim protector.

I would like to see Nunge primarily at the 4 splitting time with Cook. Garza and Kriener would get most minutes at the 5. Joe W and Baer at the 3, with Baer being a 3/4 and Joe W a 2/3. Moss and Dailey would be at 2 (also Frederick if he can earn minutes), with some minutes possibly from JBo. JBo and Connor would play PG, although I still am hoping for a new guy to play some PG, especially on the defensive end. If that happened, Moss, Dailey, and Frederick would be competing for the minutes that JBo or JoeW didn't play at 2. Note that we have a couple of other 4s, who I would only use for spot minutes.

Pretty easy to see Garza getting bumped for Nunge. Whoever improves their footwork the most would likely start. At this point both are extremely heavy footed.

Nunge is allot more fleet footed than Garza, but theyre different type players that do different things.

Fran playing Jack at the 3 was an amazingly terrible idea. He should have redshirted.

Actually Garzas footwork is significantly better. Slower but better. Garza has excellent footwork on the block.

Now if you mean defensive foot work, then yes.

SF:

I know, Debbie Downer, but I'm not impressed by that at all. Patrick and Connor are soft. Rarely showed up in big games in high school. Looks like a really slow footed team.

Reactions: Lew Masterson
Nunge is allot more fleet footed than Garza, but theyre different type players that do different things.

Fran playing Jack at the 3 was an amazingly terrible idea. He should have redshirted.

I bet money Fran pushed for Jack To Redshirt. Hopefully someone does this year. I like all our bigs. But someone needs to take a year off and free up some minutes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT