ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster

Not that surprised, despite the internet noise of late.
Like every kid with talent, he probably thinks he has what it takes to make it in the NBA. In his case, it's not without merit given his physical talents. It's not unreasonable for him to think his chances of a regular roster spot in the league are better with the 'clones.

I thought he was a class act the way he handled this but trolling Iowa the last week was a pretty lame move, I had him going to Iowa State until friday I finally felt then we were going to get him. He's known before friday he was going to Iowa State, the ISU fans ripped him apart once they thought he was going to Iowa. But best of luck to you XF just wish you would have not trolled us the last few days, hope you make it to the NBA and have a good career! Lets keep it classier than what the ISU fans were like the last few days guys show him we are the better fan base, which we are.

The AD is unwilling to make changes cause he is scared to death that a new coach would leave after being successful. Im tired of how people around the sports programs embrace mediocrity

Reactions: CarterHall
I thought he was a class act the way he handled this but trolling Iowa the last week was a pretty lame move, I had him going to Iowa State until friday I finally felt then we were going to get him. He's known before friday he was going to Iowa State, the ISU fans ripped him apart once they thought he was going to Iowa. But best of luck to you XF just wish you would have not trolled us the last few days, hope you make it to the NBA and have a good career! Lets keep it classier than what the ISU fans were like the last few days guys show him we are the better fan base, which we are.

I agree with this post. The Foster family were nothing but class except coming to the IA game with a black & gold sweatshirt that read Loyalty was a troll job though, little doubt about that in my mind.

Nobody should get upset over where a kid chooses to go to school.

I think the fact this is just another recruiting loss for Fran speaks volumes that whatever he's selling isn't working.
Nobody should, but you know that people are...

By and large, Fran has locked down the state since his arrival, missing on a couple big ones (Paige mainly) early on. I bet that Foster thinks that going to ISU will give him a better shot to play in the league which may or may not be true. He and his family made it clear that that was a priority early on.

Also, as an athletic big man, I’ve always felt that there is a good chance that he goes the way of Justin Patton at Creighton - play a year or two in college, then try to go pro with his athleticism/measurables. If this is the case, then we didn’t even miss on a recruit, because it will be several years before he greatly impacts the game at the college level. Total opinion/speculation on my part.

Good Lord. Open your eyes. They weren't gold, they were orange. The fact that they had pictures of basketballs on them should have clued you into that. He's not an ass, for crying out loud. Shame on you for even thinking he would do that!
Yes, I posted after a second look they are orange. Shame on me? Come on, he was just at the Iowa game and celebrating in the locker room. Just because you are clearly from Oskaloosa and have some positive feelings for him...

I agree with this post. The Foster family were nothing but class except coming to the IA game with a black & gold sweatshirt that read Loyalty was a troll job though, little doubt about that in my mind.

His Mom said he literally didn't decide until they sat down at 3:00 p.m. yesterday. The only thing she hinted at about why was that they had sent a few more kids to the NBA recently and that was his goal.

I bet that Foster thinks that going to ISU will give him a better shot to play in the league which may or may not be true.

I doubt that this is the case,... I think this kid realizes that any opportunity he gets to play in the NBA will be based on his hard work and his performance. Face it, if he felt that it was necessary to join a program that was going to provide better access to the league, neither Iowa nor Iowa State would have been serious contenders....

His Mom said he literally didn't decide until they sat down at 3:00 p.m. yesterday. The only thing she hinted at about why was that they had sent a few more kids to the NBA recently and that was his goal.

Then I submit that he shouldn't show up at an IA game on Fri with a "Black & Gold" sweatshirt that says "Loyalty" on it if he didn't know at that point yet.

I doubt that this is the case,... I think this kid realizes that any opportunity he gets to play in the NBA will be based on his hard work and his performance. Face it, if he felt that it was necessary to join a program that was going to provide better access to the league, neither Iowa nor Iowa State would have been serious contenders....
I may be wrong, but OskaloosaHawks’s comment about what his mom said seems to indicate that it at least was a factor

I may be wrong, but OskaloosaHawks’s comment about what his mom said seems to indicate that it at least was a factor

Yeah, I saw that,... but if that truly was a concern of his I'm surprised this ever came down to an in state decision...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT