ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster

Using this line of reasoning, a coach should never take any heat for poor recruiting. At least he tried hard.....right?
Didn’t say that, thus me asking what else could be do? Win more is the easy answer, but what else when it comes to the recruitment of Foster?

Maybe he'll be like Haluska and transfer to Iowa after his first year of living in that shithole.

Apparently ISU guys are saying Chris Williams said something on the radio that he knows how Foster is going to announce, but doesn't want to ruin his day.

Apparently ISU guys are saying Chris Williams said something on the radio that he knows how Foster is going to announce, but doesn't want to ruin his day.

And I also heard their 247 guy called Foster to ISU as well per his sources.

I find this rather self serving that he would even mention "knowing something" if he didn't want to ruin his announcement day.

Everything for the last 5 months has been pointing to Iowa State. The last two weeks have been all Iowa state . Some are thinking he went to the Hawkeye game Monday to tell Fran he would not be going to Iowa. Then him and his family went and hung with Tyrese Halliburton’s family Tuesday during the game in Ames.

The Foster to ISU talk began shortly after his visit to Ames. There's probably a reason for that (other than the well known fact the Chris Williams is a douche). Foster probably told Prohm he was coming and that's bound to leak out.

The Foster to ISU talk began shortly after his visit to Ames. There's probably a reason for that (other than the well known fact the Chris Williams is a douche). Foster probably told Prohm he was coming and that's bound to leak out.
Williams didn't say anything. He may be a douche...never met him.

I thought there were references above to CW. Never met him either, but unless his personality is dramatically different than his writing/tweeting/etc ...he's a douche.
I heard exactly what Chris said. If anyone is upset with what he said they are insane, or didn't actually hear it.

I heard exactly what Chris said. If anyone is upset with what he said they are insane, or didn't actually hear it.

I'm speaking in generalities. But didn't you just state above "he didn't say anything"?

Which is it... He didn't say anything...or you heard exactly what he said?

I'm speaking in generalities. But didn't you just state above "he didn't say anything"?

Williams actually DID say he knew how Foster was going to announce, but didn't want to spoil it. What are we actually talking about. Hey Cydkar, you still looking for Margarets Twitter, you nerdy creep.

Williams actually DID say he knew how Foster was going to announce, but didn't want to spoil it. What are we actually talking about. Hey Cydkar, you still looking for Margarets Twitter, you nerdy creep.
Margaret? So foster is going to isu or what?

Knowing how he's going to announce is probably altogether different than what team he'll announce his commitment to.

Was Williams speaking to the process of the decision or the decision itself?

I don’t get this train of thought. How is it on Fran? What more is he supposed to do?

giphy.gif

Never did but thanks for browsing. It was a joke. Apparently it went over your head. I'll type slower from now on.

Yes, he literally spoke no words on his radio show. It was crazy. If you truly care it's in the link. You're on your own from here.

My general thoughts about XF and Iowa's recruiting.

I've always wondered if Fran's staff were kind of lazy recruiters. Sherman, Taylor and Speraw are all older assistants. None of them strike me as real aggressive go getters.

Fran essentially delegated XF's recruitment to Sherman. The logic was Sherman was the first one XF's aau coach reached out to. Maybe that makes sense, but maybe it doesn't.

Fran I believe is a players coach. His players, past and present, all like him even if he does act like a hot head on game days. That may not always sit well with recruits. Literally 1:30 seconds into the exhibition game, Fran blew up on Garza with the Foster family seated 30 feet away. Those things may not endear the mom to the program.

Missing on XF would be disappointing and it's hard to hold Fran accountable for one kid's decision. What he can and should be held accountable for are the routine misses of top 150 prospects who aren't related or lifelong fans. The last 4 star outsider we landed was Garza and he was in 2017.

Fran somehow gets high profile visits ever year. For 2020 we've had Dawson Garcia, Andre Jackson, Max Murrell, Jamari Sibley and Foster. That's five 247 top 100 prospects who set foot on Iowa's campus and it's very possible that our highest rated commit might be Ulis with no other P5 offers and rated 270.

That lack of execution is absolutely on Fran.

So when people are understandably upset if Foster chooses ISU, know that this is not limited frustration. If Iowa landed a Jackson, Sibley or Murrell then it would have offset much of the disappointment.

Last edited:
Per a family member of an Osky employee he's going to Ames. It's still a game of telephone but a relatively short one.

It's Chris Williams, he thinks he's cool because he drinks Busch Light, and gave enough handy's to Keith Murphy and Andy Fales to finally fit in their group.

^this. He likes himself a lot, thinks he’s really cool. He’s like the affliction shirt guy or the guy at the gym asking you how much you bench. Neato

I've always wondered if Fran's staff were kind of lazy recruiters. Sherman, Taylor and Speraw are all older assistants. None of them strike me as real aggressive go getters.

Fran essentially delegated XF's recruitment to Sherman. The logic was Sherman was the first one XF's aau coach reached out to. Maybe that makes sense, but maybe it doesn't.

Fran I believe is a players coach. His players, past and present, all like him even if he does act like a hot head on game days. That may not always sit well with recruits. Literally 1:30 seconds into the exhibition game, Fran blew up on Garza with the Foster family seated 30 feet away. Those things may not endear the mom to the program.

Missing on XF would be disappointing and it's hard to hold Fran accountable for one kid's decision. What he can and should be held accountable for are the routine misses of top 150 prospects sho aren't related or lifelong fans. The last 4 star outsider we landed was Garza and he was in 2017.

Fran somehow gets high profile visits ever year. For 2020 we've had Dawson Garcia, Andre Jackson, Max Murrell, Jamari Sibley and Foster. That's five 247 top 100 prospects who set foot on Iowa's campus and it's very possible that our highest rated commit might be Ulis with no other P5 offers and rated 270.

So when people are understandably upset if Foster chooses ISU, know that this is not limited frustration. If Iowa landed a Jackson, Sibley or Murrell then it would have offset much of the disappointment.

I agree. And I'm really surprised by the level of patience fans have shown with Fran.

I honestly think Iowa could do better than Fran. He's been here a long time and we really haven't seen much of an uptick from when he first took Iowa to the tourney. Recruiting is still below average and I would be surprised if Iowa is a tourney team this year despite all the rave reviews from that thrilling exhibition win over Proper Name U.

I'm sure my opinion will rub some people the wrong way, but it is what it is: ten years of meh.

Never did but thanks for browsing. It was a joke. Apparently it went over your head. I'll type slower from now on.
Making jokes about Women anonymously, you are the f****** man. I'd love nothing more than to meet your nerdy a$$.

Some doucher over on the clown town board just said he was set to tell prohm he was a hawk but something happened in the Iowa game and he decided to flip to isu? I’m not sure I buy that one thing during a game would make him change his mind this far along.

Missing on XF would be disappointing and it's hard to hold Fran accountable for one kid's decision. What he can and should be held accountable for are the routine misses of top 150 prospects sho aren't related or lifelong fans. The last 4 star outsider we landed was Garza and he was in 2017.

Tend to agree with everything here. I think it’s time he hires some more younger guys to recruit. If he doesn’t land Xavier, this class is a big fail.

Reactions: CarterHall
Some doucher over on the clown town board just said he was set to tell prohm he was a hawk but something happened in the Iowa game and he decided to flip to isu? I’m not sure I buy that one thing during a game would make him change his mind this far along.
No way he flipped. Kid has known where he's going since he narrowed it to the final two, probably sooner. Good luck to him wherever he goes, I wish Iowa kids nothing but the best.

Reactions: His Hawkness
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT