ADVERTISEMENT

you guys paid the refs well last night

don't try to say you didn't.....the entire sports world saw it and knows it........you won't get the chance against South Carolina...they have more money
AP1GczP5CGqLy58-YEU2qvb47KfcwbEH9WxhiOyHQ6dh5tcEw0l9JOPrk4E08lWrwMCPUN3MYGbhpIHm7jByztBJR-Es2mb3wq4u80XJmSXpKZsNlQLhapT7OW062XxVMqDSVgU_jjL-gxUG71FboOKsVCd0Sj22AD274RwtoCsfPIu695dykkxwa5dfTK4dsmlrWPGhv2Fwrwap08Bi8Ft4v3d6Xifhslk6eucRerZGug-a6xN-DtqDOJOW31o-nMobnj5U5Upwvh-27dcDbhghdO5NcypenfttqeFfUVWaq_eVhGW4u3pI7WoF4DLCyMWcXp7yrahujACduqjha05W2MOcarE9mzdqXL56Jb4-HJhweGT8rX12Galzr0SbnY2kAF1zu5Gq60qySEH_ljFIDnriiRYcwc-xLmkT5Lx_QGCLUzFJqvAx-_LH7NWCCy5kz5sCpuQPcFLFBL4I-Me7yVINiCXQgPehuY_kt-yF_7o3JZzJXGygnDpqG1xHacirwP_2eakT_ntEElbPWT7ZRw_9DQSHCd73fRWL-DPKypzyBnxI3PZX9GTCIlQD07rpHeqOllLnY6b31DWfXv5NwlO_j-roY3k0aOw5_UwerGBt4M6y_Lfo4keEg-smYwiz-gQree1rtHn2kLSoPRnHQVZnaE1L6Ska2NvzM-33p5jCcgmFSF7KJacJjyjJq3-CQ_8gffKH5VVXQDRQ7Wxa0oxqUoFJTcxeWc412BOc4HpQkMXAeaWs4sTr9iby1XZY0XbK1rDS5iGM0Gst8rJ_zmle08xAelssGjV9jlCniF3U6WQPc7LIO0gFvMQDaHmvaqQcKIvmUc_Zql_du8nwqWxH-3iUoHCYdirF5tekNQqOTGY0BGApokc0RpFnQjqcCIba-B74ZtVIwrxfTg2D8EbP=w300-h268-s-no-gm

I saw a USA Today column about how there were complaints from NBA players as well as the social media world over the refs doing WVU wrong

Couldn’t be further from the truth.

Only truth about the game was it being the worst basketball I’ve ever seen. It wasn’t even basketball, it was roller derby and rugby.

Every time Iowa had the ball they were mugged. I’d say they let WVU get away with a lot of on the ball bs, and maybe some make up calls when Iowa drove to the basket.

But anyone without bias couldn’t honestly say that Iowa was favored by the refs.

WVU clearly wanted to play physical and there’s a cost to that style. They got into foul trouble. I think the refs gave them a lot more slack in first half

There were soooo many other fouls committed by WVU that went uncalled. Like, right from the start of the game.

I don’t mind that they played the grabby, smacky, body-up defense they played, but, it comes at a cost - which is what we saw last night w/ the lopsided trips to the FT line.

Rewatched the game this morning. Interesting that Kate Martin got knocked back on at least three occassions bring the ball up thd court. Kate is a strong players with the ball. Not to mention the hacking and grabbing when Hannah got the ball. Seldom anything called.

There were soooo many other fouls committed by WVU that went uncalled. Like, right from the start of the game.

I don’t mind that they played the grabby, smacky, body-up defense they played, but, it comes at a cost - which is what we saw last night w/ the lopsided trips to the FT line.
First play of game they called a foul and I thought the refs weren't going to allow physical defense and then they didn't call the next 10 fouls.

Honestly, I was trying to figure out if the one ref was the same from NCAA championship last year where the crew was rated worst in recent history.
In the second quarter, W Virginia got away with a ton of fouls.
The refs would call some fouls, then look at stat sheet and say, swallow whistle, despite fouls on floor.
Clark got offensive fouls after getting hit 3 times on same play at one point.

Well I can think of two calls on Iowa that weren't fouls. The one where the WVU defender flopped as Caitlin extended arm, and the one where Syd dove for ball had arms around the ball and got run over by WVU player but was called a foul on Syd. Forget the 2-3 times where the WVU player fell on butt and no traveling was called. The game got better in the second half, but the first half leaned heavily towards WVU with big calls or non calls, and just letting WVU play the extremely aggressive defensive with minimal blowing of the whistle.

There were a few misses and a few "weak sauce" calls that went Iowa's way, no question about it. And while Iowa would have had a few more fouls if the officials had actually called everything that happened on the floor...WVU would have been down to two walk-ons a team manager and a couple of cheerleaders playing, with the rest of the team fouled out.

If you read this board enough the poster would know their is a NCAA conspiracy to prevent Iowa football and men’s and women’s basketball from winning national titles.

Some day the documents will be uncovered.

Of course anti Iowa officiating by the NCAA would be the dumbest thing ever because Clark drives ratings to heights never seen before.

You can break down tape of any football and basketball game and see missed calls.

The majority of bitching comes from butt hurt fans.

If and when Iowa loses it will be because the refs let the game get too physical and missed too many calls. Book it. 100% that will be the message on here a 100 times.

Last edited:
don't try to say you didn't.....the entire sports world saw it and knows it........you won't get the chance against South Carolina...they have more money
There were 57 FTs shot in the WV-Princeton game. What's your objective opinion on that? LOL

If the officials had called all the fouls WV committed last night, the game would still be going on. Take your BS back under your rock with you. Caitlin Clark had so many cuts and bruises after the game that she looked like she'd just come out of the octagon.

Maybe WV should learn how to play basketball and leave rugby outside where it belongs. Just a thought. LOL

BTW: Over the last two seasons, South Carolina is 76-0 against the world, but 0-1 against the Iowa Hawkeyes. Check it out. :)

There were 57 FTs shot in the WV-Princeton game. What's your objective opinion on that? LOL

If the officials had called all the fouls WV committed last night, the game would still be going on. Take your BS back under your rock with you. Caitlin Clark had so many cuts and bruises after the game that she looked like she'd just come out of the octagon.

Maybe WV should learn how to play basketball and leave rugby outside where it belongs. Just a thought. LOL

BTW: Over the last two seasons, South Carolina is 76-0 against the world, but 0-1 against the Iowa Hawkeyes. Check it out. :)
And NBA players upset? WTF? The NBA has become unwatchable and is a dying sport.

Well you see, we saw LSU and South Carolina and the other top schools paying the refs to help get them to the later rounds of the tournament, so we figured we'd take that money that was gonna go to Kadyn Proctor, and put it to better use by paying off the officials.

I thought it worked well. :cool:

WV was 18-36 against Princeton from the FT line. 😂 Guessing they roughed up the Princeton women too. WV = thug BB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT