ADVERTISEMENT

you guys paid the refs well last night

TdRfxl.gif

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
…….?

It means the fans of the schools I brought up are bitching about Caitlin Clark being an embarrassment due to her behavior vs bitching about the officials
Truly people (including many Iowa fans) need to watch the piece Rich Eisen did on his show today on the subject. Its on youtube. He has a 10 year old daughter who idolizes CC. He said emphatically, that he has NO problem with how she acts on the floor, and said that it never seems to be an issue for guys who act that way, (there tough, and competitors, who want to win), but a girl doing it is looked down on, and critiqued...

OK, I'm going to fess-up. I sold my Cabbage Patch collector's doll set for $50 million and gave it all to the refs. Nothing thrills my heart more than fixing a woman's basketball game. It was worth every penny.

don't try to say you didn't.....the entire sports world saw it and knows it........you won't get the chance against South Carolina...they have more money
Thanks for the heads up. I'll just sell my Pokeemon trading cards set and pay the refs this time $100 million.

Truly people (including many Iowa fans) need to watch the piece Rich Eisen did on his show today on the subject. Its on youtube. He has a 10 year old daughter who idolizes CC. He said emphatically, that he has NO problem with how she acts on the floor, and said that it never seems to be an issue for guys who act that way, (there tough, and competitors, who want to win), but a girl doing it is looked down on, and critiqued...
I agree 100%

People are jealous and that makes them hateful. Misguided and hateful and it’s unfortunate. Same reason I despised Tom Brady growing up 😂

but I learned to appreciate him for who he is and what he did. It’s not very often greatness waltzes across your screen—appreciate it when it does!

My daughter is a wrestler, hates basketball. Caitlin Clark is without a doubt her favorite athlete!

Reactions: Hawk fan in Minn
Did he mention the guys he thinks are comparable ?

Did he mention the guys he thinks are comparable ?
NO, because NO player of either gender has the scrutiny, the pressure, or has the ball all the time like she does. She has no peers in either. Go back and watch the WV game. I assure you their girls bitched about every call as well. They just aren't involved in nearly as many plays, nor does the camera follow their every move like it does CC.

…….?

It means the fans of the schools I brought up are bitching about Caitlin Clark being an embarrassment due to her behavior vs bitching about the officials
Clark is very good at what she does in a game. Unfortunately, basketball has become a full contact sport over the years. Teams have shown (WV) that the only way to slow her down is to be very physical to try to knock her and the team out of their rhythm. Refs need to get in front of it at the beginning of the game or it gets out of hand and when they try to tighten it up later with more fouls called it looks like Iowa is being favored by the refs.
Wished that BB had not gotten to the physicality it has but the cow's out of the barn so to speak.

NO, because NO player of either gender has the scrutiny, the pressure, or has the ball all the time like she does. She has no peers in either. Go back and watch the WV game. I assure you their girls bitched about every call as well. They just aren't involved in nearly as many plays, nor does the camera follow their every move like it does CC.
Kind of cheapens Eisen’s argument without names.

I would say in nfl most QBs have every reaction on film and few are universally liked regardless of their behavior.

Nobody in NBA is universally liked and Lebron has plenty of haters and scrutiny.

Which is why I wondered who he was thinking of because I couldn’t think of one name.

Clark is no different than any other top player in their sport. Plenty of fans from opposing teams Tweet things about Mahomes and Lebron acting like babies.

Nobody is going to be liked by opposing fanbases that drops Fbombs, trash talks, gestures to the crowd, and is really good. Race and gender have nothing to do with that fact.

Last edited:
Kind of cheapens Eisen’s argument without names.

I would say in nfl most QBs have every reaction on film and few are universally liked regardless of their behavior.

Nobody in NBA is universally liked and Lebron has plenty of haters and scrutiny.

Which is why I wondered who he was thinking of because I couldn’t think of one name.

Clark is no different than any other top player in their sport. Plenty of fans from opposing teams Tweet things about Mahomes and Lebron acting like babies.
True. What you're seeing is a lot of folks who aren't traditional basketball fans or even sports fans in general suddenly involved because of the CC phenom. They're not used to the criticism that is common for big time athletes. For many of them, CC is Taylor Swift with a basketball.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Clark is very good at what she does in a game. Unfortunately, basketball has become a full contact sport over the years. Teams have shown (WV) that the only way to slow her down is to be very physical to try to knock her and the team out of their rhythm. Refs need to get in front of it at the beginning of the game or it gets out of hand and when they try to tighten it up later with more fouls called it looks like Iowa is being favored by the refs.
Wished that BB had not gotten to the physicality it has but the cow's out of the barn so to speak.
Agree completely. It’s bad enough it varies game to game, but now It varies THROUGHOUT the game too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT