ADVERTISEMENT

You must fight a random person to the death…

Nope. You could get some professional athlete/fighter or you can get a woman in a wheelchair 10 years older than you. It’s completely random.

I'm not sure that changes my answer but it certainly puts it in a different context.

Reactions: ping72
I do not have skills in any weapons like swords or anything like that. And I am a 6’2” 235# former athlete… so I’m guessing I am stronger than the vast majority of other people, but maybe not faster.

So I think I would pick something like a really heavy war hammer. I figure most of my opponents would not be able to swing it very well. And it’s not something they could use to out-quick me either.
Good reasoning.

Whereas I'm old and fat. Unless down pillows are included among "melee weapons" I should probably start packing.

You run into the guy and feel him falling backwards. A smile comes across your face as you realize you just gained advantage and you have the upper hand.

You both fall to the ground with you on top of him. You feel satisfaction. This might be easier than you thought…

And then suddenly, the guy expertly pulls guard on you and starts grabbing for limbs. The smile fades from your face…

Yessir. Shit just got real.

d54mxkm-5b21fef0-4088-4566-a7fd-58b0dabcd7cf.gif

Wiffle plastic bat. I am 6’4” and 275 and as such would prefer to take my chances not dodging deadly blows from weapons wielded by a likely smaller and weaker and younger opponent.

Last edited:
video of Iowa football offense

I will bore them to death!!
Start showing that shit to the Guantanamo detainees and we will know everything we need to know to topple terrorism by lunch time....

I'm going with a 6 foot aluminum step ladder. Can be used rather effectively defensively and when the door opens to wield it offensively, one smash swinging it around in a helicopter motion and the other guys done.

We actually discussed this in depth one time at a job site when someone used the phrase 'sounds like someone brought a ladder to a hammer fight.'.

My first notion is to go with an epee or a rapier because I actually have fencing experience and I was at the top of my class back in those days. I think it's a safe assumption my random opponent would have zero experience in using those weapons and I'm confident my long reach would be measurably better than 95%+ of the opponents, best to use your physical advantages to their maximum potential.

Barring those weapons, I'd go with a lance, again using my physical advantage of a longer reach to put the odds more in my favor.

My first notion is to go with an epee or a rapier because I actually have fencing experience and I was at the top of my class back in those days. I think it's a safe assumption my random opponent would have zero experience in using those weapons and I'm confident my long reach would be measurably better than 95%+ of the opponents, best to use your physical advantages to their maximum potential.

Barring those weapons, I'd go with a lance, again using my physical advantage of a longer reach to put the odds more in my favor.
You vs @Hoosierhawkeye ??

This is why I am sticking with a plastic wiffle ball bat for my opponent.

fencing epee can't really stab people though...they bend. you're best bet would be either lashing them with it or choking them

Something non lethal. I'm good with using the limbs I have to propell me to victory. I give myself very good odds winning hand to hand combat in OPs scenario, I'm not gonna lesson this odds by giving my opponent a weapon.

Spencer Petra's foot. Doubt my opponent could handle getting hit in the face with cement repeatedly

My sharpened garden spade which resides in my bedroom closet. The fight would be over before my foe could say "WTF?????"

He may be outside of my acceptable opponents age range (I'm 61). Give me an old geezer, thank you very much.

Yeah I'm 41, so thankfully you wouldn't be in my pool of random opponents.

My luck I would get some 5'2" - 100 pound woman who won an olympic gold medal in fencing. So I'd end up losing a fight that I would have easily won if I would have just gone with fisticuffs.

My luck I would get some 5'2" - 100 pound woman who won an olympic gold medal in fencing. So I'd end up losing a fight that I would have easily won if I would have just gone with fisticuffs.
Easily??

Interestingly, in my first fencing class, the best competition I consistently faced was a Korean woman who was about that size. She was very quick, agile and had some experience in the sport prior to the class. She bested me a few times for sure and I learned a lot sparring with her.

Something non lethal. I'm good with using the limbs I have to propell me to victory. I give myself very good odds winning hand to hand combat in OPs scenario, I'm not gonna lesson this odds by giving my opponent a weapon.
This is where my head was at. I'm 6'4" 252 lbs. I'm not claiming that I'm in great shape, but certainly better than average if a trip to WalMart is any indicator.

I'm thinking my mutual weapon of choice should be $100,000,000.00 in cash.

We're all going to Sizzler after I butcher this lady!

if it's someone my own size, bare hands all the way. If I'm out weighed I gotta say track shoes. I'm outta there, or I run them to death.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT