ADVERTISEMENT

Zadick dismissal no longer a rumor

McD would be my first call. There is not a better lightweight training partner to be found in my opinion. Wish he was on the Hawk staff.
I love Matt, but I would not give him the job over any of are current staff member. What current staff member would you trade Matt for?

Reactions: Wink8
Not a good sign for Dresser. Makes it seem like he really didn't know Zadick very well. All I can say is when I hire somebody and work with them for a while, I most always know what to expect, unless there is some event out of the blue.
If we see St. John or Metcalf leave the program, we'll know that wrestling at "Paris on the Skunk" is continuing to unravel.

Reactions: mehawk
Not a good sign for Dresser. Makes it seem like he really didn't know Zadick very well. All I can say is when I hire somebody and work with them for a while, I most always know what to expect, unless there is some event out of the blue.
If we see St. John or Metcalf leave the program, we'll know that wrestling at "Paris on the Skunk" is continuing to unravel.

Dresser's comments read to me like Zadick was assuming a little more authority than he actually had, or was being too pushy in decision-making processes. Like Dresser had a foot in the grave and it was really Z's team . . . and so Dresser had to drop the hammer when a line got crossed.

Reactions: LBlindHawk
Zadick was Dresser's asst coach at VA Tech so I'd guess he knew what he was getting.

Reactions: Cornfield
ISU wrestling:

giphy.gif

I dont like hearing this. I will always pull for Mile Zadick. I wouldn't care if he was coaching in Happy Valley.

Dresser continues to lose my respect. No need to elaborate on why you made a change.
Is it true that Mile Zadick was an unpaid assistant coach at Iowa?

And let’s fire Morningstar and call every PSU fan a pedophile!!! YEEEE-AAARRRRGH!
M* has upped his game and is doing a great job recruiting. I didn't say McD should replace anyone just wish he was still in Iowa City. As far as your unprovoked attack, if you don'T like my posts, put me on ignore.

I feel like when Brands let Zadick go it was for a “change in philosophy” or “difference in philosophy” — something along those lines. Dressers’ (unnecessarily detailed) comments made me think of that. At this point in his career it probably chafes a bit not being a HC—especially behind Dresser. I hope for Mike’s sake this closed door is an opened-window opportunity that launches him to a HC job somewhere. We always go to the Iowa @ Okie State match in Stillwater and Zadick’s antics in the corner were always my wife’s (no, no pics) favorite part of the meet. I wish him the best, and I think he’ll look back and be glad he was only in Ames a short time.

I feel like when Brands let Zadick go it was for a “change in philosophy” or “difference in philosophy” — something along those lines. Dressers’ (unnecessarily detailed) comments made me think of that. At this point in his career it probably chafes a bit not being a HC—especially behind Dresser. I hope for Mike’s sake this closed door is an opened-window opportunity that launches him to a HC job somewhere. We always go to the Iowa @ Okie State match in Stillwater and Zadick’s antics in the corner were always my wife’s (no, no pics) favorite part of the meet. I wish him the best, and I think he’ll look back and be glad he was only in Ames a short time.

His two failed attempts at being a lead assistant coach are going to all but preclude him from landing anything that resembles a quality head college coaching position.

Dresser's comments read to me like Zadick was assuming a little more authority than he actually had, or was being too pushy in decision-making processes. Like Dresser had a foot in the grave and it was really Z's team . . . and so Dresser had to drop the hammer when a line got crossed.

You misread that one.

M* has upped his game and is doing a great job recruiting. I didn't say McD should replace anyone just wish he was still in Iowa City. As far as your unprovoked attack, if you don'T like my posts, put me on ignore.
Definitely sounds like his recruiting game is on point

I like it that Dresser gave some sort of rational for firing MZ. I hate all the coach speak. I also thought he was very complimentary of Mike and the rest of the staff. He gave an overall big picture reason, without going into details. Sometimes you have to part ways.
If they are not making the progress needed or desired, something has to change. The head coach is not going to fire himself, so he has to let someone else go. I have no idea what happened, but best of luck to MZ and the wrestlers left behind.

Dresser should have stayed in VT. Just not a fan of the guy, my 6th sense says do not trust him there is something wrong. It’s not always right and I don’t know him personally so I could be totally wrong. I just get the same feeling with him and Carl. I wish Zadick all the best, wrestling is better with him teaching somewhere!

I dont like hearing this. I will always pull for Mile Zadick. I wouldn't care if he was coaching in Happy Valley.

Dresser continues to lose my respect. No need to elaborate on why you made a change.

Dresser in interviews after he took the job said Zadick will run the room he will have St John run the room at times and hopefully they don't forget about me and let me run it once in awhile.Now ego took over and that changed

You're getting fired when you punch your boss in the face.

Reactions: iowaHOXXX
Zadick: "Let's stop sucking."
Dresser: "You're outta here."

;)

So much this^^^^^. The only reason for Dresser to go that far in his comments was to take pressure and blame off himself. You can damn well bet the big boosters aren't happy.

Dresser is trying to raise funds for Ames RTC and the program. He comes across as selfish and self serving in this incident.

So much this^^^^^. The only reason for Dresser to go that far in his comments was to take pressure and blame off himself. You can damn well bet the big boosters aren't happy.

Dresser is trying to raise funds for Ames RTC and the program. He comes across as selfish and self serving in this incident.
Man you really hate that guy. Maybe I am just a naive person, but Dresser is not a villain from my perspective. He has a tough job to do and he has a lot of people watching and expecting success. That means he is under some pressure. Give the guy some time. If he has not made any strides in the next 3 years, then jump on the he is a chump, loser, A hole bus.

Dresser should have stayed in VT. Just not a fan of the guy, my 6th sense says do not trust him there is something wrong. It’s not always right and I don’t know him personally so I could be totally wrong. I just get the same feeling with him and Carl. I wish Zadick all the best, wrestling is better with him teaching somewhere!

I know a couple people who knew Dresser back in high school and they said he was an a** back then. Between his orange comments, comments about the 197 forfeit last year and really comments in general they seem spot on.

Well, at least you acknowledge that your "6th sense" isn't always right and that you could be totally wrong. That's a good start.

Reactions: tigerguy_
The character you play on this board when it comes to Dresser is brilliant work.
I assure that my feelings are genuine. I made KJ bashing an art form back when he was hired because of his anti Hawk comments and I have now transferred my dislike to Dresser for, basically, what "MVPFan" stated. The other factor is the ISU fan base and their penis envy displayed to Iowa fans. They are the ones who coined "cesspool" and "tavern hoks" phrases. It's really all they have because the team they cheer for hasn't been competitive since Carl left.

BTW: I assume you are Father Shapiro or a family member. There's always room for you in the cesspool.:p

MIke Zadick certainly is an interesting and entertaining character. Evidently he is also an excellent technician. Average recruiter IMO. The Hawks didn't want him anymore and now he has been let go by the Cyclones due to "significant differences of opinions" with the head coach. I assume this to mean insubordination...which will get you fired in most every organization in America. Perhaps Mike's just not capable of working for the man?! I suppose that is not all that uncommon among independent Montana rancher/hunter type personalities.

Zadick gets released by two different employers and everyone thinks Dresser is the problem? I'm not a fan of Dresser but in what reality does this look bad on Dresser? Dresser is running the program and by all accounts just got ride of a decisive figure in his program.

It only looks bad to the extend that he hired him and put him into a role that didn't match his skill set and personality. Square peg.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT