ADVERTISEMENT

SI: Connor slams rumor his dad wants out at Iowa

So a rumor I didn't even know existed about a mcCaffrey gets bigger because of another McCaffrey. Is it that hard to just STFU and not get involved? They don't take criticism well but a lot of their antics between mom, dad, and the kids draw a lot of it.

Hmmm. Where there’s smoke there’s fire?

How does Connor saying it's nonsense translate to, "Where there's smoke there's fire"?
You went with this narrative in another thread you started yesterday saying Fran and the family are tired of IC. Fran's son say's it's BS, and you create a second thread?
What's on tap for tomorrow? Something you heard from the brother of the guy who put a new roof on Fran's neighbor's house?

How does Connor saying it's nonsense translate to, "Where there's smoke there's fire"?
You went with this narrative in another thread you started yesterday saying Fran and the family are tired of IC. Fran's son say's it's BS, and you create a second thread?
What's on tap for tomorrow? Something you heard from the brother of the guy who put a new roof on Fran's neighbor's house?
He just said it’s misinformed account. Not that Fran isn’t going to leave.

Reactions: GRT2B1
So a rumor I didn't even know existed about a mcCaffrey gets bigger because of another McCaffrey. Is it that hard to just STFU and not get involved? They don't take criticism well but a lot of their antics between mom, dad, and the kids draw a lot of it.
Yup.......

As I posted after the Illinois game, Iowa is winless when they open their mouths on social media before a game.

It'd be funny if it didn't piss me off because it means Iowa takes yet another embarrassing loss that they could've avoided had everyone just kept their f***ing mouths shut.........

Fran mad? Ok....goodbye.

I like that he got us back on track after some really bad basketball, but he has reached his ceiling. Time to move along and we should stop being worried about "it could be worse". Yes it could but this is where you have to have faith in your AD. Past AD I had not faith.....current AD I wand her to cut a path for us for the future.

Fran has a pretty good gig for someone in the twilight of their career. Doubt he would jump ship on his own at this point.

That is what the new AD has to realize....other P5 schools are not trying to steal away a 64 year old coach with around 33% winning percentage in NCAA play and not even a single sweet16 in 28 year coaching career...and BTW, he hates NIL and the portal.

Smart play is to not guarantee more future money to Fran. Boost up his incentives for say a Sweet16 or regular season conference title. If this board is to be believed, those things are around the corner for Fran in years 15,16 and beyond.

Fran has had a solid run but nothing special. I don't see his "Body of Work" being at the level that he is beyond criticism.

This is actually an amazing thought that I haven't entertained. Of course it doesn't help a McCaffrey has played here since 1994.

And also completely inaccurate, which is probably why you or anyone has entertained it.

That is what the new AD has to realize....other P5 schools are not trying to steal away a 64 year old coach with around 33% winning percentage in NCAA play and not even a single sweet16 in 28 year coaching career...and BTW, he hates NIL and the portal.

Smart play is to not guarantee more future money to Fran. Boost up his incentives for say a Sweet16 or regular season conference title. If this board is to be believed, those things are around the corner for Fran in years 15,16 and beyond.

Fran has had a solid run but nothing special. I don't see his "Body of Work" being at the level that he is beyond criticism.
If there's anything I'm supremely confident in, it's that the new AD is going to handle the FB and MBB head coaching situations a hell of a lot better than the numbnuts that was finally put out to pasture last year.

If there's anything I'm supremely confident in, it's that the new AD is going to handle the FB and MBB head coaching situations a hell of a lot better than the numbnuts that was finally put out to pasture last year.
You mean this guy. LoL…..

th

Reactions: Tom Paris

Agree, there is little to be concerned about that a power conference school looking to be competitive in the NCAA tourney is targeting Fran. If some ivy school or MAAC team wants to snap Fran up then I'd call that a win-win-win. Honestly, I'd have no problem with any other team wooing Fran away at this point. P5 or not.
The lengthy extensions made no sense before, even less now. Fortunately there appears to be an AD in place currently who is, so far, actually competent at the job compared to her predecessor.

She called Kirk and Fran, Hall of Fame coaches
Her perspective may be different than yours.

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT