ADVERTISEMENT

Brody Grothus

Brody will go two matches only as of now, but....if they are quick matches, say a pin or easy win you might see three. It's not the Iowa way when coming off a injury such as his.

Reactions: gablefan73
In other news Iowa is getting a transfer named Grody Brothus from Devry University. Projects as a 141 next year thanks to the help of the Iowa strength coach.

Grothus could just as easy re-injure himself after one match. I'd think that although he's being monitored in the practice room on a daily basis, if he's not 100%, he won't compete. Which makes me think---this wouldn't even be being discussed had Kemerer certified at 141.

Grothus could just as easy re-injure himself after one match. I'd think that although he's being monitored in the practice room on a daily basis, if he's not 100%, he won't compete. Which makes me think---this wouldn't even be being discussed had Kemerer certified at 141.

He has a chance to reinjure it in any match. He has to start wrestling sometime.

Well, the second rule of the Brody Grothus thread is that "We don't summarize the thread until page 7" but since you asked about the previous thread I recall 1) "My walking around weight is...", 2) projections on his finish, 3) emojis/lots of emojis, 4) there was at least two/three flame wars, 5) somebody asked why he didn't wrestle against Maryland in the faux pbp, which is silly b/c that was before his cut, 6) stories about the King of Cutters, and 7) the eternal question: What is difference between Fredericksburg and Frederika?
About ten miles and 3 bars.

bad news guys

Turns out Brody just accepted the head coaching job at university of Phoenix.

Turns out Cael write his letter of recommendation.

You should get a refund from whatever Holiday Inn you stayed at and let the trained professionals take care of Brody.

Reactions: Azchief32
You should get a refund from whatever Holiday Inn you stayed at and let the trained professionals take care of Brody.

Considering my lodging is paid for, I don't have any worries. But apparently you raise concerns just in the way you write and speak.

Last edited:
I can not wait for Grothus to actually take the mat this year.

Brody was as highly ranked as #6 in the country at one point last year at 149.

In 2013-2014 he was as highly ranked as #7. I believe he also beat over the couse of the season the eventual 1st through 4th place finishers at NCAA's.

He also placed at Midlands the last two years 6th and 4th.

The guy has a serious resume and he has done everything right during his college years, stayed out of trouble, been an Academic All American, now here he is as a 5th year Senior. He wants desperately to go out on top with a National Championship (both team and individual) and he is putting in the work to make a valiant effort to accomplish that goal. It is hard not to root for him even if you aren't a Hawkeye fan. His story is better than James English's in my opinion and everyone was jumping on that bandwagon.

Considering my lodging is paid for, I don't have any worries. But apparently you raise concerns just in the way you write and speak.
Why don't major league pitchers throw 200 pitches a game? They are just as likely to injure their shoulder on the first pitch as the 200th, correct?

Why do teams send their pitchers to the minors for tune up games when they come off of injury. It wouldn't do any good to face lower competition, correct?

Reactions: LBlindHawk
Hey Fleming I think maybe you should get out of the house some and stay at a Holiday Inn Express :p:D

Wait...What???

You can "like" your own posts?

Cool Gotta get busy...........

OBTW....Jaysdad7 has more "likes" than posts........just saying.

KWood, wanna rank the posters here on their post:like ratio?
PBS has to be up there right?

Brody will go two matches only as of now, but....if they are quick matches, say a pin or easy win you might see three. It's not the Iowa way when coming off a injury such as his.

This is such an interesting tactic. Not that I'm in disagreement, but when was the last time they worked anyone back in at a tournament and regardless of the wrestler's performance they were going to be done after 2 matches. The only situation I can remember that would be similar in approach are when you do the minimum at the B1G Tourney just to qualify for nationals because the rest and injury is so severe...

I can not wait for Grothus to actually take the mat this year.

Brody was as highly ranked as #6 in the country at one point last year at 149.

In 2013-2014 he was as highly ranked as #7. I believe he also beat over the couse of the season the eventual 1st through 4th place finishers at NCAA's.

He also placed at Midlands the last two years 6th and 4th.

The guy has a serious resume and he has done everything right during his college years, stayed out of trouble, been an Academic All American, now here he is as a 5th year Senior. He wants desperately to go out on top with a National Championship (both team and individual) and he is putting in the work to make a valiant effort to accomplish that goal. It is hard not to root for him even if you aren't a Hawkeye fan. His story is better than James English's in my opinion and everyone was jumping on that bandwagon.
And, he played in the Little League World Series!
This is also proof that he could get lower than 141 if necessary.
http://www.littleleague.org/series/2004divisions/llbb/teams/usmidwest/bgrothus.htm

I may not post often, but when I do, 25% of the time, I get a like every time.
Well he doesn't HAVE to, but we sure hope he does sooner rather than later.....................:D
Maybe we can just get him a waiver from the NCAA, I hear they are pretty reasonable about such things, and grant him a pass directly to the Finals that way he doesn't have to wrestle too much. On behalf of the Hawks we will take the associated points that come with making the big stage. I will have to check with Gable to confirm but my gut tells me he would have had a Major, a Tech and a Pin along the way so be sure to include the bonus as well.o_O

This will allow him to rest his shoulder for the upcoming Baseball season where the Cubs intend to draft him on their way to winning the 2016 World Series after which he will just flat out retire and take over for the beer commercials as the NEW most interesting man on the planet but he will still be able to find time to become a minister so that he can preside over Spencer Lees wedding at intermission of the next Grapple. Go Hawks

Was coming home from St Louis and as driving by Iowa City saw Brody running up a steep hill pulling a large wagon with Stoll in it. So I pulled off the highway to watch and wow he made it to the top. They rode it down and then Brody started going back up the hill again pulling the wagon. So he for sure will be in great shape just pray the shoulder will be fine.

I heard he was lifting people in a pull cart, lifting rocks in nets, cutting wood, running in the snow and, running up mountain like hills, when he got to the top of the hill he screamed Heil, Heil.

I don't mean to put a damper on anybody's spencer lee wedding hopes, but word on the street is Spencer has been single for a while now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT