ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum to ISU

This is an Iowa Board - not Penn State. You just can't seem to grasp that concept.
Ah, but there is a ton of Penn State “discussion” here, started by Iowa fans. Just like there is a ton of Iowa “discussion” on the Penn State board, started by Penn State fans. Enough so that we joke about how bad it is.

Two rival programs obsessing about one another on the Rivals forums. This is the Rivals model, going to plan.

In Maryland, if you smell cucumbers while hunting mushrooms, turn around.
Thanks for that bit of country wisdom. I had never heard it before.

Although I've seen copperheads from time to time, I don't recall ever smelling cucumber. Could've been allergies. Come to think of it, I am not sure I even know what cucumbers really smell like.

B&B,
Did you just post this account on another thread in the last day? I swear to god this is familiar and I'm either losing it, or I'm friggin' clairvoyant.
Well, our little daisy didn't arrive yet, my daughter is still at the hospital with my wife and I'm on dog duty. My son as of last night was staying in Austin. I went to bed and saw a text message from and he decided he's going to take the job offer in Seattle.

They literally doubled his salary right now and supposedly this is about the best, mechanical engineering opportunity out there, so he took it. I have mixed feelings, because his current company did offer him a significant raise to stay. They just like the idea of him in Austin, Texas over Seattle, Washington.

But this company has been picking off some of the best engineers from other companies, offering them huge pay increases, so he felt honored they wanted him and was happy with the details of the offer.

Now if our first granddaughter would get here I might have something to celebrate. Wifey is there while I dog sit. Poor me, drink coffee and chill lol.

Ah, but there is a ton of Penn State “discussion” here, started by Iowa fans. Just like there is a ton of Iowa “discussion” on the Penn State board, started by Penn State fans. Enough so that we joke about how bad it is.

Two rival programs obsessing about one another on the Rivals forums. This is the Rivals model, going to plan.
Explain the Internet to him and how browser tabs work. Back in the day when I wanted to argue Iowa sports I had to move out there and we had to do it face-to-face, and didn't have Google to look things up.

Why I had to get on interstate 80 and drive about 800 miles through all kinds of weather and temperature just to say no I don't think I agree with you.

Now I turn on my phone, boor up the Browser, log in , then disagree with someone while listening to Keith Byers, make various Penn State wrestling calls in ordering crap in amazon.com.

rarely…… not sure where you live but I could link you to a couple good facebook mushroom groups one of which a good friend of mine administrates if you have FB…. I consider deleting mine every day

guessing by your name Chicago area?

these groups will teach you a lot…..gives you an excuse to walk around in the woods

I was talking/referring to one person in particular.

Now I turn on my phone, boor up the Browser, log in , then disagree with someone while listening to Keith Byers, make various Penn State wrestling calls in ordering crap in amazon.com.
Is that supposed to be "bore" up the browser?

Also, wasn't Keith Byars an Eagles drafted RB/TE and tOSU grad from the 80s?

You might want to consider looking into those Prevagen supplements for memory. 😉

It's called voice texting, sometimes it picks a funny word and replaces it. I'll put it at whole technology thing that makes it pretty easy to communicate over lengthy distances..

Why are you 1985 it would've took me a few hundred dollars worth of gas to drive out the Iowa. Now I could turn on my iPhone, you see by speaking, slowly it didn't turn my turn into boor.

Technology is amazing, and it's funny how mixing up Keith Byers with Jeff Byars and your correction made me recall this :

EXACTLY but it’s the cesspool and offseason so Ima see where this goes 😎
Are golden oysters bright yellow? I tried some of those last year fried in oil with thyme. They weren’t very good as they were very bitter. I am thinking I should have left the stems out?
The oysters don’t have regular stems. The pic above didn’t look like them to me.

If I had a knife pulled on me in HS, I would likely become most anxious upon learning the one who brandished it might become my teammate.

If I lived in a home situation where my mother eventually filed domestic abuse charges against my father, I would likely become most anxious upon learning a young man accused of sexual assault might become my teammate.

By his own account Chittum cried when he said goodbye to the Iowa room. He didn't go into details about things that rubbed him the wrong way. He could be suffering from anxiety, and his move to ISU could be about him establishing a little control in his life by setting a boundary. This seems reasonable for a young man to do.

I'd say the young man should be cut more than a little slack.
If I had a knife pulled on me in HS, I would likely become most anxious upon learning the one who brandished it might become my teammate.

If I lived in a home situation where my mother eventually filed domestic abuse charges against my father, I would likely become most anxious upon learning a young man accused of sexual assault might become my teammate.

By his own account Chittum cried when he said goodbye to the Iowa room. He didn't go into details about things that rubbed him the wrong way. He could be suffering from anxiety, and his move to ISU could be about him establishing a little control in his life by setting a boundary. This seems reasonable for a young man to do.

I'd say the young man should be cut more than a little slack.
This will be my 1st like of a PSU troll. Still hate ‘em ALL but I too feel CC does not deserve the scorn of Hawkeye fans.

Personally, I’ll cut him slack as this was likely not an easy decision. Time to move on & focus on what the program can do different/better…

I just had a nasty head and chest cold. My daughter boiled up some wild cherry bark for the congestion and had me drinking nettles and echinacea purpurea root tea with honey. It really worked well. I still have a cough with a rattle, any suggestions?
I’ve been eating morels daily for the last couple of weeks and had them with walleye for supper tonight. We’ll see if that helped.
I'm heading back to northeast Iowa next weekend to look - hopefully not too late.

The oysters don’t have regular stems. The pic above didn’t look like them to me.
they grow in clusters but each petal has a stem…… those were goldens but it helps to see the underside (I assume we’re talking about the same picture)

I usually just eat the top unless they’re really small then I fry the whole thing

they grow in clusters but each petal has a stem…… those were goldens but it helps to see the underside (I assume we’re talking about the same picture)

I usually just eat the top unless they’re really small then I fry the whole thing
Which one helps with cancer?

Wow, some of these threads are all over the place, even for the cesspool! My two cents on Chittum (with no inside info or Sherlock Holmes capabilities) is pretty easy to deduce. He has bounced all over for a couple years now. Committed to Iowa a year ago roughly, but never signed a letter of intent. Why do you think that would be? Smalls saying he was waiting on a NIL offer from Iowa makes no sense if he didn't leave because of money to ISU as he says. I am sure he wanted nothing to do with the sports car brothers, but that is just the scapegoat for the next move imo. He was never fully committed to Iowa or he would have signed a letter of intent and I'm sure the coaching staff had the same inclinations with Chittum. While they would love to have him, they probably had an idea that this could happen. Bummer to lose him, but it sounds like it is very possible it was going to happen either way. No Ferraris are enrolled at Iowa so that makes a pretty weak excuse for leaving.

Are golden oysters bright yellow? I tried some of those last year fried in oil with thyme. They weren’t very good as they were very bitter. I am thinking I should have left the stems out?
They are pretty bright when young and start to fade/gray as they get older. I've never experienced them to be bitter but each person can be different. Never, ever, eat a mushroom unless you are 100% sure what it is. No judgement - just a general rule for all to follow.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Those golden oysters are a gourmet variety of mushroom cultivated and sold in markets….. the Iowa DNR considers them an invasive species because they’re not native and have been spreading like crazy

pretty delicious invasive species and as long as it rains you can find well into summer….. they just seem to get higher in the trees….. I suppose reaching for sunlight through the canopy

Wow, some of these threads are all over the place, even for the cesspool! My two cents on Chittum (with no inside info or Sherlock Holmes capabilities) is pretty easy to deduce. He has bounced all over for a couple years now. Committed to Iowa a year ago roughly, but never signed a letter of intent. Why do you think that would be? Smalls saying he was waiting on a NIL offer from Iowa makes no sense if he didn't leave because of money to ISU as he says. I am sure he wanted nothing to do with the sports car brothers, but that is just the scapegoat for the next move imo. He was never fully committed to Iowa or he would have signed a letter of intent and I'm sure the coaching staff had the same inclinations with Chittum. While they would love to have him, they probably had an idea that this could happen. Bummer to lose him, but it sounds like it is very possible it was going to happen either way. No Ferraris are enrolled at Iowa so that makes a pretty weak excuse for leaving.
I'll I like your post - solid take, but what does this have to do with mushrooms?

Do they seem to prefer a certain species of standing timber? Dead, half-dead, or living?

Do you carry rope-type tree steps when you forage?
they like elms but grow on numerous other species….. they’re prolific

I’m a woodcarver and carve walking sticks….I leave them 6 ft. if I can’t knock a cluster off and catch it before it hits the ground I move on….they grow on deadfalls too

Does anyone know anything about the price of tea in China?

The pricing of tea depends on several factors, with the final price of tea in China varying from $10 to more than $1000 for 500 grams (approximately 16 ounces)

In 2022, the average domestic price for one kilogram of green tea made in China was 160.99 yuan.

Da Hong Pao the most expensive tea in China. It cost around $600,000 per pound.

Tea Price is at a current level of 0.0296, up from 0.0269 last month and down from 0.0324 one year ago. This is a change of 10.00% from last month

I could have just missed him, but I always remember thinking it was weird not seeing Cody in the corner with the team for home duals last season. Usually most of HWC is there cheering on the guys but I never remember seeing Cody with the team.

They are pretty bright when young and start to fade/gray as they get older. I've never experienced them to be bitter but each person can be different. Never, ever, eat a mushroom unless you are 100% sure what it is. No judgement - just a general rule for all to follow.
I am very careful, thanks for the reminder. What I found and ate last year were definitely golden, still puzzled why they tasted bitter to me?
I am headed to the woods now for some morels, saw some pheasant backs yesterday, which I’ll harvest and try. How should they be prepared?

I am very careful, thanks for the reminder. What I found and ate last year were definitely golden, still puzzled why they tasted bitter to me?
I am headed to the woods now for some morels, saw some pheasant backs yesterday, which I’ll harvest and try. How should they be prepared?
I usually take pheasant backs and toss them like a frisbee…… if you want to be a hardcore forager and all you can dehydrate them and crush them into a powder to add as a thickener to soups

• Haha
Here’s a link to a pic of golden oysters. Couldn’t figure out how to post pic.

yea believe me I’ve harvested tons of them….but now I’m concerned about what picture you’re talking about

Golden oysters have a poisonous look alike called a jack o lantern and I want to make sure I didn’t advise someone wrong

When identifying mushrooms it’s always important to include a picture of the underside……. but Goldens always grow on wood…… jacks grow out of dirt

I posted a recipe about 50 pages ago….. I can post again if you like

I mean they’re sold in asian markets…. you could stir fry…… I like them sautéed in butter and garlic or young meaty ones breaded and fried like morels

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT