ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum to ISU

Are you aware that a few weeks ago AJ & Anthony were both on campus and they were all in the room together. Cody wasn't asking for anxiety meds FYI
Are sure AJ was here, nothing on his social media, and anything these guys do
look at the big brain on 98!!

just kidding….. kinda
It’s gonna take that long? What’s the hold up here? Gpa, transferring credits, or carry over from his legal issues?
He never enrolled at oki st, so shouldn’t have credits, and didn’t think Ferrari’s were bad students. I’ve known some knuckleheads get into Iowa. Maybe are putting up more hoops to jump through because of legal or, even though it’s settled.

were you hoping for new information on the original subject?

The title tells you all you need to know….. but I get it….. you’re not wrong….. apologies

and call me sir again mister and we’re gonna be meeting on the bridge 😎
@Grip220 is gonna be busy in your corner with all the fights you’ve been picking over here. Haha

Reactions: natchrlman
Are sure AJ was here, nothing on his social media, and anything these guys do

He never enrolled at oki st, so shouldn’t have credits, and didn’t think Ferrari’s were bad students. I’ve known some knuckleheads get into Iowa. Maybe are putting up more hoops to jump through because of legal or, even though it’s settled.
Just because he didn't post anything doesn't mean he wasn't.

I am very careful, thanks for the reminder. What I found and ate last year were definitely golden, still puzzled why they tasted bitter to me?
I am headed to the woods now for some morels, saw some pheasant backs yesterday, which I’ll harvest and try. How should they be prepared?
If very tender - sauté in butter.. delicious!

Expose it to the world 😂.

It took a TON of detective work to “dig dirt” on Mr. Chittum. I also didn’t post it because Cody left Iowa, I posted it because they publicly criticized another family being recruited by Iowa. For the umpteenth time, if you have a history of domestic violence accusations, it’s probably best to just not judge other people’s behaviors, especially publicly.

I can’t believe this is so hard for some of you to grasp lol.
Dude, you are a dick. Just embrace it.
Yes, you threw shyt out there simply because the kid left Iowa. If he had said he has no like whatsoever for any of the Ferraris boys, but he was staying and going to wrestle 149 so the team would be stronger with the Ferrari kid at 157 you throw nothing out about the kid's dad.

Also, talking shyt on the kid's dad does do psychological harm to the son. But like I said you are a dick and need to embrace it.

Reactions: TtotheL and el dub
I haven’t waded back through the many threads but has anyone presented a solid reason why Chittum didn’t sign his national letter of intent in November 2022. Seems like some issues may have been simmering prior to the Ferraris coming on the scone.
It was the Dad keeping control of the situation in my opinion.
Smalls is making the argument we never put an offer in front him, for Scholarship or NIL. Then we recruited the Ferrari’s and we’re told by the Chittum’s stop or we are leaving. I am suspect of this as Smalls is the one vehemently making this claim. I am under the assumption Willie has had direct contact with Chittum’s Dad. Smalls indicated there was going to be proof of this when he was engaged in back and forth with bnicolls, and stated wait until tomorrow (earlier this week). I haven’t seen anything on MatScouts from Willie on this claim, perhaps he did on Twitter?
I was hoping to hear if Willie is in fact getting all of his information from Father Chittum and Cody himself? When did these conversations take place to substantiate Willie’s claims?

Our Iowa fans close to the situation say Cody didn’t have an input in the decision, his father made the decision and the Ferrari recruitment is a smoke screen by Chittum’s Father, as to why he made his son transfer to ISU.
I believe our guys because I am of the belief you can’t let an individual or his family dictate who gets recruited and to a greater extent have a controlling interest in how our coaches run the program.

I will say if a guy being recruited (Anthony Ferrari) had pulled a knife on me (Cody Chittum) in the past, I’d be suspect. I have a really hard time believing Tom wasn’t in conversation with both parties to resolve differences.

It’s water over the dam now and hopefully lessons have been learned. We aren’t going to get clarity of the situation on this message board, nor should we.

It was the Dad keeping control of the situation in my opinion.Our Iowa fans close to the situation say Cody didn’t have an input. I believe our guys because I am of the belief you can’t let an individual or his family dictate who gets recruited and to a greater extent have a controlling interest in how our coaches run the program.

I will say if a guy being recruited (Anthony Ferrari) had pulled a knife on me (Cody Chittum) in the past, I’d be suspect. I have a really hard time believing Tom wasn’t in conversation with both parties to resolve differences.
Hope you don’t mind me taking the liberty of parsing a few words from your post above…

You say, “I believe our guys because…..” but then claim the reason for belief is because “you can’t let an individual or his family dictate….” However, that reasoning fails to address the initial assertion you were in the process of developing, imo.

Btw, I’m not getting into the weeds of your last paragraph. Please think about what you wrote. All could be true and still not address the validity of the very first truth you typed in the last paragraph included. “If a guy being recruited had pulled a knife on me…” (The very same guy who caught CURRENT charges for…. acts of violence against others.)

Hope you don’t mind me taking the liberty of parsing a few words from your post above…

You say, “I believe our guys because…..” but then claim the reason for belief is because “you can’t let an individual or his family dictate….” However, that reasoning fails to address the initial assertion you were in the process of developing, imo.

Btw, I’m not getting into the weeds of your last paragraph. Please think about what you wrote. All could be true and still not address the validity of the very first truth you typed in the last paragraph included. “If a guy being recruited had pulled a knife on me…” (The very same guy who caught CURRENT charges for…. acts of violence against others.)
I agree you can have your opinion on my reasons not being enough to substantiate beliefs that Cody’s Dad controls what his son does. My opinion is based on posters I have met in person and know their connections to the program.
Dub I don’t have all the facts on the knife incident, only stating my opinion on how I’d feel. I am acutely aware of Anthony Ferrari’s past transgressions and am not going to debate it.

Smalls is making the argument we never put an offer in front him, for Scholarship or NIL. Then we recruited the Ferrari’s and we’re told by the Chittum’s stop or we are leaving. I am suspect of this as Smalls is the one vehemently making this claim. I am under the assumption Willie has had direct contact with Chittum’s Dad. Smalls indicated there was going to be proof of this when he was engaged in back and forth with bnicolls, and stated wait until tomorrow (earlier this week). I haven’t seen anything on MatScouts from Willie on this claim, perhaps he did on Twitter?
I was hoping to hear if Willie is in fact getting all of his information from Father Chittum and Cody himself? When did these conversations take place to substantiate Willie’s claims?

Our Iowa fans close to the situation say Cody didn’t have an input in the decision, his father made the decision and the Ferrari recruitment is a smoke screen by Chittum’s Father, as to why he made his son transfer to ISU.
I believe our guys because I am of the belief you can’t let an individual or his family dictate who gets recruited and to a greater extent have a controlling interest in how our coaches run the program.

It’s water over the dam now and hopefully lessons have been learned. We aren’t going to get clarity of the situation on this message board, nor should we.
Thanks for this.

I see what I suspect are nuggets of truth from all sides, which are then blown up into rigid, either-or battle lines by those who enjoy doing such things.

Chittum's dad has some issues. The Ferraris have some issues. We already knew about Tom's issues. Nichols openly admits his issues. Smalls is the same a-hole he's always shown himself to be. The cesspool will always be the cesspool. Stir and mix.

If we can will ourselves back to the 10,000-foot view...this will pass, Iowa Wrestling won't implode, the Iowa River will continue to flow.

I have it on good authority that Cody told some iowa wrestlers that he didn’t want to leave Iowa. This was all his old man from the way it sounds, which is what a few guys have posted here who would know have said.
All the BS spewed about iowa state being the place to reach his goals is nonsense. A quick look back on his recruitment articles shows they never considered ISU. This was all his dad giving the middle finger to our coaching staff the way it appears. The ferrari clan sure could have played a part in the decision , but that seems like an easy excuse to make TNT look like the bad guys.

I agree you can have your opinion on my reasons not being enough to substantiate beliefs that Cody’s Dad controls what his son does. My opinion is based on posters I have met in person and know their connections to the program.
Dub I don’t have all the facts on the knife incident, only stating my opinion on how I’d feel. I am acutely aware of Anthony Ferrari’s past transgressions and am not going to debate it.
You would think there would be a police report of a knife was involved??

Reactions: wrestlecrazy
I'll just say this. I had a chance to speak with Cody after a workout not long ago, and he seemed like a super kid. Seemed very happy at Iowa and all smiles. Very respectful. Clearly, this situation is fairly complex with multiple moving parts. Whatever the case, I wish him the best, and I suspect the vast majority of Iowa fans do too. Bummed he won't be a Hawk, but nobody is bigger than the program and we move forward. On to bigger and better things.

Bottom line: Cody was interviewed. He identified he didn't want the Ferraris as his teammates. He indicated Anthony's recruitment rubbed him the wrong way, without providing details.

He did not mention his father's influence. He did not mention the lack of a signed NLI. He did not mention lack of NIL offers.

Inferring whether or not any of the unmentioned things were "details" left unstated contributing to having been "rubbed the wrong way" would be supposition.

Bottom line: Cody was interviewed. He identified he didn't want the Ferraris as his teammates. He indicated Anthony's recruitment rubbed him the wrong way, without providing details.

He did not mention his father's influence. He did not mention the lack of a signed NLI. He did not mention lack of NIL offers.

Inferring whether or not any of the unmentioned things were "details" left unstated contributing to having been "rubbed the wrong way" would be supposition.
OK. Has it consensually been agreed that Chittum and AF had an interaction at Blair that resulted in one or (both?) being kicked out of school?

Is it reasonable for an athlete who was verifiably threatened with violence by a recruit (while they were teammates) to refuse to even entertain the idea of becoming teammates again?

Now add the current charges AF faces for violent acts against…. a person who was a brother’s teammate at OKST before the Cowboy’s program imploded.

Reactions: TtotheL

How many times are you going to say this?

Why would you expect

OK. Has it consensually been agreed that Chittum and AF had an interaction at Blair that resulted in one or (both?) being kicked out of school?
The scuttlebutt is Anthony brandished a knife leading to his dismissal from Blair. I don't know whether it was pulled on Cody vice pulled out in his presence. I don't know if this is factual or rumor.
Is it reasonable for an athlete who was verifiably threatened with violence by a recruit (while they were teammates) to refuse to even entertain the idea of becoming teammates again?
Yes, I think it is.
Now add the current charges AF faces for violent acts against…. a person who was a brother’s teammate at OKST before the Cowboy’s program imploded.
Yes, I can see that might only make it worse.

Reactions: el dub
Why would you expect
Did I say I expected anything?

I would not expect a son to say something against the father, which might cause his father grief. I would expect a burgeoning young man to wish to project ownership of his decision as a part of his adulting.

Why I expect this? - love of a son for his father, minimization of any potential family drama, and my perception of the nature of maturation in general.

Regardless my expectations are irrelevant. They simply bias any supposition. I am aware of this bias. I don't presume my biased supposition to be fact or truth.

Reactions: TtotheL and el dub

willie is tight with chittum’s dad so he is definitely getting info from him. there is no way iowa didn’t offer chittum a scholarship and that is claim is quite frankly ridiculous. the kid was #1 in the nation. nobody is asking him to walk on lol

Thanks for this.

I see what I suspect are nuggets of truth from all sides, which are then blown up into rigid, either-or battle lines by those who enjoy doing such things.

Chittum's dad has some issues. The Ferraris have some issues. We already knew about Tom's issues. Nichols openly admits his issues. Smalls is the same a-hole he's always shown himself to be. The cesspool will always be the cesspool. Stir and mix.

If we can will ourselves back to the 10,000-foot view...this will pass, Iowa Wrestling won't implode, the Iowa River will continue to flow.
Amen

Reactions: Inthecircle
What thread was this screenshot supposedly taken from? I must have missed that thread altogether unless it was on another Rivals forum, in which case who started this whole discussion? I can't read what it says because it's not sharp enough on my monitor as a screenshot and I'm not signing up for Twitter just to read it, but what I can make out appears very bad. I hope it is taken out of context or somehow altered by Mineo. If it is the latter, he needs to be sued for libel.

What thread was this screenshot supposedly taken from? I must have missed that thread altogether unless it was on another Rivals forum, in which case who started this whole discussion? I can't read what it says because it's not sharp enough on my monitor as a screenshot and I'm not signing up for Twitter just to read it, but what I can make out appears very bad. I hope it is taken out of context or somehow altered by Mineo. If it is the latter, he needs to be sued for libel.
It's from the "Terry Gone Also?" thread.

If you have the creator of the thread (Chips28) on 'Ignore' you won't be able to see it. Hell, you might not even see my reply to you for that matter. Regardless...

I believe the thread sort of wandered there after former Hawkeyes, now at ISU as assistants (Metcalf, DSJ) were brought up in comparison to M*. Then the recent Allie-DSJ marriage was brought up, which some found as news to them. Wrestlers she previously dated was mentioned, which led the following two posts, making up the 3-post set that were eventually screen-captured.

Later on Willie and Bob went at it for a bit. Willie Tweeted he was officially out as far Iowa was concerned. A Twitter follower asked what it was behind that Tweet. GIA and Willie went at it some more. Eventually, Willie made the screenshot and posted it, ostensibly as part of his response to the question about what his being out was about.

Willie deleted that post upon reflection and out of respect for Allie. But beforehand Mineo had already made his own variant. The one above is that variant. Since then Mineo has supplemented with his own additional screenshot.

And here we are today.

Although a little bit gossipy for my taste, it seemed innocent enough to me until the 'skank' comment was made and subsequently defended by its originator. Several GIA posters called that poster out, but a couple liked it.

Reactions: el dub
I went into this past week thinking the Chittums were all in for Iowa Wrestling. But, for whatever reason, we find out that they didn’t sign the national letter of intent last November. So, Iowa comes out of the November signing period with a potential hole in their recruiting plans at 149/157. Doesn’t it seem reasonable that Iowa would begin pursuing a backup plan and Anthony Ferrari emerged as part of the solution to the uncertain status of the Chittums. I’m guessing that the staff has known for some time that the Chittums were gone and it now makes more sense to me why we’ve gotten commitments in the last 60 days from Ferrari, Estrada and Voinovich.

I’m guessing that the staff has known for some time that the Chittums were gone
That's a good a guess as any. The staff may not of exactly known, but they may have suspected some likelihood and wished to hedge against it. They may've also reasonably thought any recruitment that included Anthony (or the larger House of Ferrari) would only tend to increase the likelihood of Chittum's departure.

I heard Chittum wanted more scholarship money than he was offered. Don't know what he was offered or when that offer came. Brands told him to make it up with NIL. But, he wanted the "sure" money--the scholarship money, and Brands did not offer more. Definitely a factor in his going to ISU, more so than the Ferrari thing.

I heard Chittum wanted more scholarship money than he was offered. Don't know what he was offered or when that offer came. Brands told him to make it up with NIL. But, he wanted the "sure" money--the scholarship money, and Brands did not offer more. Definitely a factor in his going to ISU, more so than the Ferrari thing.
We had to keep Ybarra and Reyna happy.

I know, I know. Sorry.

I went into this past week thinking the Chittums were all in for Iowa Wrestling. But, for whatever reason, we find out that they didn’t sign the national letter of intent last November. So, Iowa comes out of the November signing period with a potential hole in their recruiting plans at 149/157. Doesn’t it seem reasonable that Iowa would begin pursuing a backup plan and Anthony Ferrari emerged as part of the solution to the uncertain status of the Chittums. I’m guessing that the staff has known for some time that the Chittums were gone and it now makes more sense to me why we’ve gotten commitments in the last 60 days from Ferrari, Estrada and Voinovich.
That's a good a guess as any. The staff may not of exactly known, but they may have suspected some likelihood and wished to hedge against it. They may've also reasonably thought any recruitment that included Anthony (or the larger House of Ferrari) would only tend to increase the likelihood of Chittum's departure.
Agree, if chittums refused to sign and had a history of jumping around to different programs, them you have to see if anyone is available with at least similar talent or potential. That’s were Anthony came in, and yes a risk in a different way that chittum was a risk. I had always heard money wasn’t an option for where chittum landed since they have plenty, and I’m sure we made him a strong offer. I bet Ohio State made bigger offer, but he came here, so doubt not signing was a money thing. Also, after Sealy signed with PSU, who we badly wanted, we needed to recruit another stud at that weight, and Angelo , who kicked Sealy’s butt, was available. Recruiting Anthony, who was interested, then helps our chances with Angelo. If chittum would have signed, we still go after Angelo, but probably not Anthony. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: natchrlman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT