ADVERTISEMENT

Matscout tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRIA7415

Scout Team
Nov 12, 2019
MatScout :”It’s official - The Teske incident will 100% will have someone that earned a bid sitting at home”.

Anyone know what the heck this is supposed to mean?

• Sad
Reactions: oldhawk56
MatScout :”It’s official - The Teske incident will 100% will have someone that earned a bid sitting at home”.

Anyone know what the heck this is supposed to mean?
The Iowa coaches didn't get Teske listed to be ranked so he didn't earn a qualifier spot for the conference but he took one of the spots another person earned.

Willie reads this forum. It’s fun to give him crap. Please proceed.

Also on a side note the point is someone did earn a qualifying spot as well as teske but there was one less spot because of whatever reason his name wasn’t entered.

I believe @smalls103's assertion is simply Dustin Norris (PUR) (B1G 10th place finisher) will not be getting the lost Iowa erstwhile Teske B1G allocation. Norris won't be good enough to get an at large.

Nobody is saying it will have a negative impact on the tournament results.

I believe Willie's assertion is the Coaching Ranking input prior to the tournaments, as used in the NCAA allocation process, should not allow this kind of outcome in the future.

Only Norris suffers from the 'mistake.'

I believe @smalls103's assertion is simply Dustin Norris (PUR) (B1G 10th place finisher) will not be getting the lost Iowa erstwhile Teske B1G allocation. Norris won't be good enough to get an at large.

I believe Willie's assertion is the Coaching Ranking input prior to the tournaments, as used in the NCAA allocation process, should not allow this kind of outcome in the future.

OK, if the guy that just missed won't be eligible, that is sad, losing your chance to make it to the show, even if you would be 2 and bar-b-q. This process should have more oversight. Coaches, or whoever is responsible for this can make mistakes. People are human. They fixed the mistake in the PAC-whatever it is now, why couldn't they fix this one? There are multiple sites that give info on D1 wrestlers, why couldn't they be utilized in the process to help avoid this kind of mistake? I guess I feel sorry for Mr. Norris, that he won a few matches at the B1Gs and didn't qualify.

Last edited:
OK, if the guy that just missed won't be eligible, that is sad, losing your chance to make it to the show, even if you would be 2 and bar-b-q. This process should have more oversight. Coaches, or whoever is responsible for this can make mistakes. People are human. They fixed the mistake in the PAC-whatever it is now, why couldn't they fix this one? There are multiple sites that give info on D1 wrestlers, why couldn't they be utilized in the process to help avoid this kind of mistake? I guess I feel sorry for Mr. Norris, that he won a couple matches at the B1Gs and didn't qualify.
The #13 seed at 133 in the BTT? Who went 1-2 at said tournament?

What are we even taking about?

Can we just give him a participation trophy and be done with this awful discussion?

The #13 seed at 133 in the BTT? Who went 1-2 at said tournament?

What are we even taking abo
Hey, I'm in agreement that it would be a waste of time to send him to Nattys, but it is sad that someone's error robbed him of his chance to go. I do believe that, if B1G wrestlers were spaced out away from each other in the brackets, in a few weights, the quarterfinals would have a majority of B1G guys, not saying this would be one of those weights.
In this particular case, the kid couldn't catch a break, as he lost in the championship bracket to the 4th place guy, and second consolation match to 3rd place guy. He beat Burwick, and in the unofficial wrestlebacks for 9th place beat Burwick again, and then Foley. He went 3-3, not 1-2, so maybe has some validity. Not saying he deserved a shot at the NCAAs, but should have earned it, if not for human error.

Hey, I'm in agreement that it would be a waste of time to send him to Nattys, but it is sad that someone's error robbed him of his chance to go. I do believe that, if B1G wrestlers were spaced out away from each other in the brackets, in a few weights, the quarterfinals would have a majority of B1G guys, not saying this would be one of those weights.
In this particular case, the kid couldn't catch a break, as he lost in the championship bracket to the 4th place guy, and second consolation match to 3rd place guy. He beat Burwick, and in the unofficial wrestlebacks for 9th place beat Burwick again, and then Foley. He went 3-3, not 1-2, so maybe has some validity. Not saying he deserved a shot at the NCAAs, but should have earned it, if not for human error.
If he truly should have earned it and the only reason he isn't getting in is because of human error, that should be an easily rectified situation.

The flip side of this is that the spot did not go away someone else took it who probably also had at a season good enough to be on the bubble for nccaas

Reactions: SittingSwitch
He went 1-2 in the bracket.

The 9th place bracket doesn't count for team scoring so those results don't make him 3-3 on the weekend.

Reactions: el dub
If he truly should have earned it and the only reason he isn't getting in is because of human error, that should be an easily rectified situation.
Should be, but wasn't/ won't be.
The flip side of this is that the spot did not go away someone else took it who probably also had at a season good enough to be on the bubble for nccaas
But it DID go away. Should have been 10 spots in B1G, and only got 9 allocations.

I'm not sure why I keep posting. I have no dog in this fight, and my initial thought was that Willie was just stirring up trouble, but as I thought about it, and looked at the situation, I do feel sorry for Norris. He wrestled hard, beat a couple of decent wrestlers, and came up short because of someone else's mistake. Although he did know where the bar to qualify was, and still didn't clear it.

dtripp26:
He went 1-2 in the bracket.

The 9th place bracket doesn't count for team scoring so those results don't make him 3-3 on the weekend

Semantics, points don't matter. Those matches were wrestled to get those extra qualification spots. He won three matches that counted for something, just not team points. You're being a d^ck about this.

Last edited:
If Kueter ever makes it on the mat there will a decent chance he does this as well.
god i hope not. teske only stole a spot because the coaches screwed and forgot to submit him. i'd be pretty embarassed to make that mistake again.

Reactions: el dub
god i hope not. teske only stole a spot because the coaches screwed and forgot to submit him. i'd be pretty embarassed to make that mistake again.
Sure but what Kueter will do will be similar. He won't wrestle enough matches to qualify the weight likely then will take a spot.

Is willie the little fat guy who use to be with flo?

if you actually pay attention, i've defended the Iowa staff over and over. they made a simple mistake.

the blame lies on the ncaa/nwca to not allow a clerical error to result in final allocations that are inaccurate.

i agree that it's not the end of the world and that wrestlers are given a full season to make their case for an at large.

but if you're going to have a system, make the system accurate. imo it's just amateur hour stuff.

if you actually pay attention, i've defended the Iowa staff over and over. they made a simple mistake.

the blame lies on the ncaa/nwca to not allow a clerical error to result in final allocations that are inaccurate.

i agree that it's not the end of the world and that wrestlers are given a full season to make their case for an at large.

but if you're going to have a system, make the system accurate. imo it's just amateur hour stuff.
That's the thing, nobody pays attention to you.

Considering that Ersland has never coached a Purdue wrestler to AA finish, I'd say leaving Norris home will have no impact on the tournament.

That's the thing, nobody pays attention to you.
whether anyone pays attention to me is not the problem in this thread.

it's that they don't pay attention to the sport. b/c if they did, they wouldn't have to ask what i was talking about.

Reactions: Hawkgma
Considering that Ersland has never coached a Purdue wrestler to AA finish, I'd say leaving Norris home will have no impact on the tournament.
Dustin Norris?

how about the highest ranked wrestler in the country that didn't get a wild card?

again, that's not the entire point. the point is the system, dummy.

Dustin Norris?

how about the highest ranked wrestler in the country that didn't get a wild card?

again, that's not the entire point. the point is the system, dummy.
Relax, I get it. My post was a shot at the Purdue program.

The guy who got it is Chance Rich, who MFF'd out of the PAC 12 tourney. I'm not convinced he's a better candidate.

yes, i know. i just hate the utter lie that i'm hating on Iowa.

i defended them on not 1 but 2 different podcasts.
More fans equals more potential idiots. Tournament time tends to bring the "uneducated" out even more. I think what gets under people's skin is the lumping together - Iowa fans versus some Iowa fans. The written word is easily misinterpreted.

Reactions: smalls103
To sum up:

A process as important as allocations for the NCAA tournament shouldn't be this easy to mess up, especially if one's error ends up affecting other schools' wrestlers.

In addition, if a school does indeed make a mistake/enter bad data, there should be an easy fix to correct it before allocations are finalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT