ADVERTISEMENT

******Midlands Session 3*****

And what exactly would have been your argument in the seeding meeting to change the seeds? Ignore that Valencia pinned Marinelli in this exact tournament last season, because I think he isn't as good as his brother?
Bull and Lewis are both ranked higher than Valencia by intermat. Fewer losses, too. I don’t have to be an asshat to come up with legit reasons.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Bull and Lewis are both ranked higher than Valencia by intermat. Fewer losses, too. I don’t have to be an asshat to come up with legit reasons.
Previous Midlands results do have a great bearing on seeding at that tournament. They just do. Doesn't matter, if you want to win it, you beat everybody in your path.

Sucks in college on the backside you sometimes have to wrestle very quickly. I have seen where my kid wrestled again while still sweating from last match.

LOL. I remember my first boys trip to Super Pee Wee. We were new to wrestling and he was wrestling match after match. He wrestled back for third, man it was so exciting.

It was more exciting/hectic than the next two years which he won both easily. Oh what a fun tourney.

Regarding Lee match, of course I wished he'd won. In the end it's on him as he's got to score a takedown...multiple takedowns actually. That being said, he'll learn from it and I still know he'll be a hammer. And I also thought Bress stalled his ass off. I'm all for working from space as I like watching quick guys like that but he would back up and avoid, Spencer stalked and Bress moved backwards. I need to watch it again but in my mind I was thinking Spencer was playing right into Bress's gameplan and kudos for Bress for pulling it off.

Here's a question for all of us wanting a review and being pissed unattached can't have reviews. Didn't it used to be that officials could call for their own review? Did they change that option? I know I saw that in the past so I suppose it changed?

Also, didn't Bress have a side headlock for an extended amount of time and no stall call in that situation? I thought you couldn't hang out in a side headlock (thanks Edinboro guy who's name escapes me) for more than 5 seconds like that when on top?
Anyway, again, I'm not pissed Spencer lost, just the manner that he lost but ultimately it's on him for not beating that guy by 10 pts like I feel he's capable. Learn and move on, the loss is there, now go pull a Cael!

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Also regarding seeding. If it's anything like High School in Missouri the computer can pretty much seed it automatically. Thanks to trackwrestling, us coaches show up and the points are pretty much already calculated and it's a formality. .
Midlands puts in their seedind criteria and track spits out the seeds. There are a few times the coaches get involved but most of coaches discussions are now few and far between.

Here's my serious answer then. Cash has been in the room for over two years. Warner has been in the room for less than half a year. Cash has wrestled in quite a few big D1 multi-day tournies. Warner is in his first. The last two years Cash has been wrestling a full match every time out. The last two years Warner has been ending his matches early. And to explain that last loss for Warner, it may very well the first time in many years he found himself in a situation where he had to fight off a loss and go to the backside.
Makes sense. Thx.

I'm sure his focus dropped some. He looks gassed big time too. Short time after the Wilke match and he does have tank issues at times anyway. Brunner beat Wilke last year and is a big dude. Seemed to overpower Warner a bit. Jake also let him stick legs in because he probably is used to getting out anyway but in the big league you can't do that and he got turned.
How much extra time did Wilke have between matches?

I agree that he doesn’t. Never was coming. Never would have stuck. But the rest is nothing other than excuse making. TeaseRentGate and the aftermath is squarely on their shoulders.
You seem like such a nice guy. I'll bet your wife is never at fault on anything..Glad you love to blame the coaches for everything. Nothing about winning 5 championships but crying about the 133 weight class. Have a nice weekend..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT